• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 4 thread!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
good game acen.... it definitely looked like our team fell victim to the lack of chemistry... we will be ready next time..

great win 2.0... I'm impressed.

pilonv1

JAX is a quality scoring machine.

Points Per Game : 20.3 (equal 23rd in CR)
Field Goal % :0.507 (209th)
3 Point % :0.505 (44th)
Free Throw % : 0.872

Lost a heartbreaker today on the buzzer to a better team :(

Why is Sasha chucking so much? He's like at 20% shoot or something like that. If he's going to take so many shots, I think I need to bring up his speed.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Help me out here guys.

Training question.

Does choosing accelerated or intense on training allow me to train faster only or does it allow me to also increase that stat by the 3 or 6 points used?
I might be a dumb question but I've honestly lost track and I could have swore it was allowing me to go up my 3s for awhile and now it's not doing it anymore.

Am I doing it wrong? :D

AirBrian

Truelize said:
Help me out here guys.

Training question.

Does choosing accelerated or intense on training allow me to train faster only or does it allow me to also increase that stat by the 3 or 6 points used?
I might be a dumb question but I've honestly lost track and I could have swore it was allowing me to go up my 3s for awhile and now it's not doing it anymore.

Am I doing it wrong? :D
It only reduces the time required for a single TC increase.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
AirBrian said:
It only reduces the time required for a single TC increase.

Yeah that's what I figured. I guess I just fooled myself one time and have been confused since then.

Thanks

Branduil

You should only use accelerated training when the attribute takes so long to train that you wouldn't have enough time in a day to train it with all of your points.

Enron

Banned
2.0 and Acen blowing donkey dicks lately. I guess Acen's dynasty is officially over! Roy Tarpley would also like to announce his retirement from courtrivals effective at the end of the season! It was fun, but one can only take so much logging in and training, especially in the middle of fantasy football season and with fantasy basketball about to start up!

Meier

Yeah, we're both in a tailspin.. Barons playing well this year. This game pisses me off -- we tied it up then they scored liked 11 or 13 in a row for no good reason. Fucking annoying as hell..

I imagine most of us will be quitting at the end of the season.

Kung Foo Kid said:
I will be in for another season. If we can get a all-star cast together with no weak links, we could do some damage.
im telling you man, Acens and Barons should join forces. Brothers uniting under the single banner against the forces of evil!

Branduil

If we still have 10+ Gaffers playing next season, I say we put the 10 players with the most points on an all-star team. Any remaining players will be on the GAF farm team.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
yea thats how I see it... if we had 10 committed all stars we would be around 7000 points right now.

Dream Team

i'd like to say, worthy has turned from the most efficient player to one of the best defensive players. so if there is an all-star team, worthy will be whatever the team needs!:D

Branduil

For those curious, I've tallied the top 15 GAF players at this time, in terms of points:

1)P. Maravich- 680
2)J. Shuttlesworth- 665
2)S. Jackson(ACEN)- 665
4)D. Nowitzki- 663
5)A. Mason- 662
6)M. Eaton- 655
7)J. Starks- 650
8)N. Gallagher- 649
9)R. Foye- 640
10)C. Booth- 628

11)S. Parker- 626
12)J. James- 615
13)M. Ellis- 605
13)M. Price- 605
15)J. Worthy- 600

I don't know who wants to play next season, though. I know pilonv has said he doesn't, and he controls JAX and Smush. Them not being in would put James onto the All-star team at the current time.

Personally I'm really excited about the roles system they're introducing next season.

Branduil

P.S. Those top 10 add up to 6557 points, which means if we had that team right now, we'd be on the upper end of Pro Division C. Possible ready to move into Pro B.
viakado said:
points=!better
i mean look at mason's numbers. /under_the_bus
True enough. But points are still important because they enable you to rise into higher divisions. A lot of teams won't accept challenges from lower-division teams, which makes it hard to improve your rank unless you're already in a high-division.

Obviously though, we'd have to reserve the right to not accept a player who just gets a million points by raising all their stats equally and sucking.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Id want worthy on the team.. and yea i think that team would only get better and better with 10 focused individuals that put team in front of stats... so a person with 100+ free throws and ball handling..

lvl 3 chems and all...

I would be at 700 if i upped all of my stats the way i could.. .but that does not lead to success..

Id also want everyone to have at least 30 endurance.

Branduil

From what I hear level 3 chems aren't really worth it. And chems are going to be really played down next year in favor of roles.

Man, Dirk is getting close to averaging a double-double. He'd be the only GAF player who's accomplished that feat this season.

Branduil

I'm bored.

Points Per Game
R. Foye- 20.6
J. Shuttlesworth- 19.9
S. Jackson- 18.9
P. Jones- 16.4
P. Parker- 15.5

Rebounds Per Game
M. Eaton- 19.7
D. Nowtizki- 18.6
R. Fils-Aime- 15.9
J. James- 13.7
R. Tarpley- 8.5

Assists Per Game
M. Price- 8.4
M. Ellis- 8.0
R. Felton- 7.9
J. Stockton- 7.8
L. Kleiza- 7.6

Steals Per Game
J. Worthy- 3.1
C. Booth- 3.0
A. Mason- 1.8
T. Machine- 1.7
P. Maravich- 1.7
R. Tarpley- 1.7

Blocks Per Game
M. Bol- 4.3
R. Fils-Aime- 2.1
J. James- 1.6
M. Eaton- 1.5
P. Jones- 1.3

Turnovers Per Game
S. Parker- 0.6
J. Shuttlesworth- 1.0
P. Maravich- 1.1
M. Price- 1.1

Branduil said:
For those curious, I've tallied the top 15 GAF players at this time, in terms of points:

1)P. Maravich- 680
2)J. Shuttlesworth- 665
2)S. Jackson(ACEN)- 665
4)D. Nowitzki- 663
5)A. Mason- 662
6)M. Eaton- 655
7)J. Starks- 650
8)N. Gallagher- 649
9)R. Foye- 640
10)C. Booth- 628

11)S. Parker- 626
12)J. James- 615
13)M. Ellis- 605
13)M. Price- 605
15)J. Worthy- 600

I don't know who wants to play next season, though. I know pilonv has said he doesn't, and he controls JAX and Smush. Them not being in would put James onto the All-star team at the current time.

Personally I'm really excited about the roles system they're introducing next season.

We need to get a all-star captain in place and start getting this team organized, so we can be running out of the gate for next season.

I don't know if anyone would be interested in getting it going this season, but if we did is there a chance we could make the playoffs?

Branduil

Kung Foo Kid said:
We need to get a all-star captain in place and start getting this team organized, so we can be running out of the gate for next season.

I don't know if anyone would be interested in getting it going this season, but if we did is there a chance we could make the playoffs?
I agree that we need to have things ready to go before the end of the season.

There's no way we could just jump into it right now, though. All our chemistries would be screwed.

DCX

DCX
Yeah, we should get things situated for the end of the season. We should vote for a cpatain and go from there. I train both Starks and Booth so if they both make the team i'm willing to keep them up including premiums for both.

We keep our teams throughout this season due to chems etc. As soon as the season is over the GAF All Stars will be the only GAF team left with remaining player in a B team that will train and compete at a high level as well.

DCX

Branduil

Meier said:
Ooh I like the skill tree stuff... interesting.
Yeah, it should be way more flexible than chemistries... no more only being good at one thing, though you can still do that as well. It gives room for slightly more multi-dimensional players.

I gonna abuse the heck out of gym rat if they don't nerf it, though.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
well its on... neo gaf dream team is gonna be a problem... who wants to be captain? lets get it going so we are ready to go.

DCX

DCX
We have a few guys who are capable of manning the ship, i'm not going to vote myself in...it's something you should be voted for, know what i mean?

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
5 forwards and 5 guards?

also I didn't really look up the the skill tree stuff, but I think that we need to have our specific roles outlined so that we don't have five scorers and 5 rebounders...

Branduil

Sure. I think ideally you want something like 2 rebounders, 2 "assist" guys, 3 role players(defense, blocking, speed, or leadership), and 3 primary scorers(shooting, 3-point shooting, dunking, or free throws).

Top Bottom