• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Jaysen

Banned
This may come as a shock to some of you but...

Saying you want everyone to get vaccinated, then calling everyone who's vaccine hesitant an idiot, betrays your altruistic intent.

In reality, your preference is tribalism.
The idiots are the ones who are vaccine hesitant while at the same time protesting masks and social distancing. They’re dangerous morons.

I’ll never forget the videos of masses of angry idiots screaming at hospital workers during a pandemic that they were the real enemy. Those people subsequently suffering or dying because there arent enough of the “enemy” to treat them is just too perfect.

You've got some problems, all you have done in this thread is take glee in certain people's deaths and repeatedly, over and over, insult absolutely everybody that has a different viewpoint to you. Instead of listening, you just go "hurr hurr, you retard, me smart"

Have you ever self-reflected on what your own life would be like if everybody else treated you in exactly the same manor?

Moomalade74

Banned
You've got some problems, all you have done in this thread is take glee in certain people's deaths and repeatedly, over and over, insult absolutely everybody that has a different viewpoint to you. Instead of listening, you just go "hurr hurr, you retard, me smart"

Have you ever self-reflected on what your own life would be like if everybody else treated you in exactly the same manor?

The very fact his behaviour hasn't been pulled up by a moderator speaks volumes to the direction this place is going. A real shame, it was a good run.

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned

Won’t someone please consider the feelings of people trying desperately to get other people killed! And they’re not vaccine hesitant. They’re vaccine hypocritical. The bulk of these angry morons had no issue with vaccines before this. Cry me a river.

Won’t someone please consider the feelings of people trying desperately to get other people killed! And they’re not vaccine hesitant. They’re vaccine hypocritical. The bulk of these angry morons had no issue with vaccines before this. Cry me a river.

This... doesn't really help to disprove my point. You didn't listen and threw out the same playground insults that you've been doing, page after page.

We've only got one short life, don't waste it spreading hate.

Had a bit of fever with my first shot of AZ, but nothing with second, so I'll be fine to get jabbed again.

Apart from anything else, I'm used to getting all sorts of shit injected into me having travelled as much as I have. And I get the flu vaxx as well. I figure the amount of tracking microchips the government have injected me with over the years, they must all be cancelling each other out, because I haven't had my freedoms taken away from me once "lollipop_disappointed:
That's because of all the fluoride in the water. It's a super insulation against freedom stripping super science!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Not sure what you mean, but I can change my mind if I see some compelling evidence. Coincidentally, such evidence hasn't even been gathered by the CDC.
You can check the REACT-1 round 13 final report from the UK. Table 6 shows that you are about half as likely to be infected after two doses if exposed, and elsewhere in that paper and other sources, you can see that Ct (ie virus load) are on average lower in vaccinated people who are infected, with high Ct values being strongly associated with increased transmission.

The vast vast majority of unvaccinated people aren’t posting antivax memes on Facebook. So if you had any decency, which perhaps you don’t, you would draw a distinction between unvaccinated people who die broadly, and the people you feel are pushing others to remain unvaccinated. Unvaccinated people generally are not killing anyone but themselves, should they die of covid. But I have seen enough of your act to know it’s all about a feeling of superiority for you. Everyone is an idiot or stupid or dumb or a similar word. Of course, being an unapologetic, insufferable asshole is it’s own form of stupidity.

Jaysen

Banned
This... doesn't really help to disprove my point. You didn't listen and threw out the same playground insults that you've been doing, page after page.

We've only got one short life, don't waste it spreading hate.
True. I should spread misinformation instead.

Saying you want everyone to get vaccinated, then calling everyone who's vaccine hesitant an idiot, betrays your altruistic intent.

Most people only support the idea of society as a form of lip-service. In reality, most everyone is a dictator at heart, and if you gave them the slightest degree of power and influence, you'd see who they really were. And many don't even know who they really are at heart, not unless circumstance/opportunity reveals it.

Jaysen

Banned

Vaccine hesitant is far different than willfully spreading lies and misinformation. Lots of minorities are vaccine hesitant. But you know what they don’t do? They don’t organize rallies to harass front line health workers. They don’t fight the protection of children in schools. For the most part they follow the rules set by the CDC that if you’re unvaccinated, you distance and mask up. Tribalism is the anti vax idiots forming groups on Facebook to organize protests against people who just want to save lives without having their own lives further endangered. Fuck those people. Dangerous morons who are deserving of no respect or consideration.

Dr_Salt

Banned
Vaccine hesitant is far different than willfully spreading lies and misinformation. Lots of minorities are vaccine hesitant. But you know what they don’t do? They don’t organize rallies to harass front line health workers. They don’t fight the protection of children in schools. For the most part they follow the rules set by the CDC that if you’re unvaccinated, you distance and mask up. Tribalism is the anti vax idiots forming groups on Facebook to organize protests against people who just want to save lives without having their own lives further endangered. Fuck those people. Dangerous morons who are deserving of no respect or consideration.
So this is a race thing now? If you are not a minority and don't participate in said things then are you still a antivaxXXer because you are not a minority?

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

we don't want everyone to get vaccinated, we just want people to stop spreading lies and mislead people in a way that ends up hurting and killing tens of thousands of people. if people who did not want to be vaccinated (ie me) just kept to themselves and didn't go out of their way to spread a bunch bullshit lies about things they understand nothing about, we wouldn't be seeing the backlash and the increasing demand for vaccine mandates. these people are fucking it up for everyone and they fail to see it; it's the most self defeating shit I've ever seen, almost like a cry for help...

there's a real debate going on about the efficacy and legitimacy of vaccines, as with all scientific endeavours, and the giveaway here is that none of these pea brains are making any good faith attempts to participate or contribute to it

Kilau

So I was able to convince my boss to get vaccinated, he's over 60 and has several other risk factors so I felt like the vaccine could only be helpful. Last night I had coworkers telling me it's going to kill him/change his dna/control him through nano machines.

I'm at a loss for words.

Jaysen

Banned
So this is a race thing now? If you are not a minority and don't participate in said things then are you still a antivaxXXer because you are not a minority?
Who said the minorities aren’t antivax? They just have different reasons for being so, and a different approach to expressing which doesn’t involve trying to kill doctors and nurses.

Jaysen

Banned
So I was able to convince my boss to get vaccinated, he's over 60 and has several other risk factors so I felt like the vaccine could only be helpful. Last night I had coworkers telling me it's going to kill him/change his dna/control him through nano machines.

I'm at a loss for words.
Here’s some words for your co workers since you’re at a loss : “You are all morons.”

Dr_Salt

Banned
Who said the minorities aren’t antivax? They just have different reasons for being so, and a different approach to expressing which doesn’t involve trying to kill doctors and nurses.
I didn't say they weren't. Im asking what if someone is not a minority and doesn't participate in those things but still doesn't want to take the vaccine. Are they antivaXxX according to you or not?

Star-Lord

I met my first official antivax campaigner today and I had to do everything I could to stop myself facepalming him. I get some people have genuine concerns regarding health, race, etc but this guy was convinced - and was trying to convince others - that the government only want you to have the vaccine so they can keep tabs on you. He had leaflets, posters, the works with all manner of 'proof' printed. I weep for humanity.

Kilau

Here’s some words for your co workers since you’re at a loss : “You are all morons.”
Haha, wouldn't help but I said to them that there is a lot of misinformation out there on the vaccines and they said :

"yeah there is"

nathan fillion castle GIF

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Newsflash: The vast majority of people who spread misinformation are doing so because they believe what they're touting.

Keep filling them with resolve by calling them morons. Doing so slows the adoption rate of vaccine acceptance.

Jaysen

Banned
Newsflash: The vast majority of people who spread misinformation are doing so because they believe what they're touting.

Keep filling them with resolve by calling them morons. Doing so slows the adoption rate of vaccine acceptance.
Then yeah, if they believe conspiracy theories over thousands of actual experts then yeah, they’re complete idiots. Me filling them with resolve doesn’t matter since they probably don’t know what that word means anyway. And they’re probably too full of horse paste to allow any of the resolve in.

FunkMiller

This whole ‘let’s be nice to the anti-vaxxers’ schtick is really starting to wear thin.

It’s also extremely transparent 🙄

Jaysen

Banned
So whats the difference between vaccine hesitant and antivaxx?
Nothing really. But someone who is merely vaccine hesitant doesn’t willfully endanger the lives of others while at the same time shouting Muh rights! There’s a world of difference between someone not wanting the vaccine but still following all the applicable guidelines and people who do the opposite of that. That should be obvious.

Thaedolus

You could provide some numeric proof instead of saying "Jesus Christ" all the time, but you already weren't able to do that the last time you claimed things without any proof.
The problem with that is that the only certainty is that there will always be some level of uncertainty. This means dullards will always be able to cling to that uncertainty is "proof" that there's no proof of the claims of safety and efficacy. In actuality, showing the level of uncertainty is transparency, and the real bar that must be cleared for level-headed people is "beyond a reasonable doubt." Those who want to cast doubt can always have some number that's not 100% to back up their doubts, but make no mistake: these are unreasonable doubts.

Next time you have any kind of procedure or operation with a sterile product, I bet the sterility assurance level for that product has been validated to 10^-6, meaning the probability of the product being non-sterile is one in a million. Guess what? They didn't test a million units of the product to prove that. It's an extrapolation of a statistically relevant sample size, just like every other performance characteristic a product must achieve to get to market. And these statistical analyses are accepted and used globally for everything that makes modern society possible, from medical devices, to pharmaceuticals, to cars and airplanes and game consoles.

Last edited:

Loki

Count of Concision
Also, anyone who doesn’t see that there is a massive propaganda campaign in the media is blind at this point. Just article after article for vaccine mandates with no opposing viewpoints presented, fearmongering over Delta and its .01% CFR, and lately more supposed “polls” showing that the majority of Americans (60-70%) support vaccine mandates. I don’t believe that for one second. Nearly person I’ve talked to here in NYC, including those who are vaccinated, feels that these measures are clear overreach.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You could provide some numeric proof instead of saying "Jesus Christ" all the time, but you already weren't able to do that the last time you claimed things without any proof.
What proof are you waiting for? What do you need to see specifically, that hasn't already been shown here that high vaccinations help reduce the spread of the disease?

Belgorim

Lollapalooza 2021, with 385,000 attendees in close quarters.

90% of attendees were vaccinated. 203 have tested positive for Covid.

0.0004% of vaccinated attendees tested positive, and 0.0016% of unvaccinated attendees tested positive.

7dZzu9q.jpg
Something seems wrong about these numbers though :)

If 385000 * 0.1 = 38500 unvaccinated had a positive rate of 0,0016 %, then that rounds out to 1 person.

Does not seem significant :)
(I suspect it was 0,16 %...)

Last edited:

Let me bequeath some words of wisdom to thee vax of anti

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This whole ‘let’s be nice to the anti-vaxxers’ schtick is really starting to wear thin.

It’s also extremely transparent 🙄

Alternative point of view:

The whole "let's be dicks to people we want is REALLY starting to wear thin. It's also extremely transparent."

It's not about niceness. It's pragmatism.

The guy on the left has changed the opinion of hundreds of morons. The guys on the right...are morons.

FunkMiller

The whole "let's be dicks to people we want is REALLY starting to wear thin. It's also extremely transparent."

The guy on the left has changed the opinion of hundreds of morons. The guys on the right...are morons.

I think we’ve reached the stage where there is enough clear information available from reliable sources that proves the vaccines are safe and effective, and that those who still insist they aren’t are way past any chance of having their minds changed.

We can therefore quite easily dismiss both them, as well as those who continue to defend, empathise with, or stick up for them.

Jaysen

Banned

The idea that being nice to zealots will get them to change their minds is hilariously inept.

Toons

Mayor DumbBlasio in NYC is now stating that ID’s in addition to proof of vaccination will be needed for indoor venues (restaurants/museums/gyms etc.) in order to “help reduce fraud.” Yet this same person, and his party at large, unequivocally rejected this very same argument when it comes to VOTING IN NATIONAL ELECTIONS. Apparently, eating in restaurants is more important than electing our leaders, thus requiring a higher level of scrutiny. The hypocrisy of the left is GALLING. How they aren’t laughed out of the country is a mystery to me.

Pretty sure you already needed an ID to vote tho?

I think we’ve reached the stage where there is enough clear information available from reliable sources that proves the vaccines are safe and effective, and that those who still insist they aren’t are way past any chance of having their minds changed.

We can therefore quite easily dismiss both them, as well as those who continue to defend, empathise with, or stick up for them.
So if you’re not with us, you’re against us, eh?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

I think there's enough evidence to prove we shouldn't discriminate against people based on the color of their skin. I think there's enough evidence to prove the earth isn't flat.

Doesn't matter. You don't change minds by hating on people.

FunkMiller

I think there's enough evidence to prove we shouldn't discriminate against people based on the color of their skin. I think there's enough evidence to prove the earth isn't flat.

Doesn't matter. You don't change minds by hating on people.

Are you seriously attempting to compare anti-vaxxers... with black people?

You're genuinely making that correlation, aren't you?

...that we should treat people who wilfully, repeatedly and deliberately spread misinformation about a vaccine for a virulent disease that's crippled our planet... the same way we treat people with a different skin colour.

Like this guy

Loki

Count of Concision
You can check the REACT-1 round 13 final report from the UK. Table 6 shows that you are about half as likely to be infected after two doses if exposed, and elsewhere in that paper and other sources, you can see that Ct (ie virus load) are on average lower in vaccinated people who are infected, with high Ct values being strongly associated with increased transmission.

That’s all well and good, but it doesn’t explain why the CDC isn’t collecting such data, nor does it explain why they appear to be engaged in intentional obfuscation regarding all sorts of COVID data at this point. Everything they present is confusing, incomplete, or tendentious (e.g. omitting relevant distinctions, lumping categories/cohorts together etc.). The data coming out of the UK SHITS on CDC data in terms of both precision and clarity. And it’s not because there are smarter people in the UK. And if I find CDC data muddled or misleading, I can’t even imagine what the average person makes of it.

12Goblins said:
we don't want everyone to get vaccinated, we just want people to stop spreading lies and mislead people in a way that ends up hurting and killing tens of thousands of people.

“We don’t want everyone to get vaccinated, we just support making life insufferable for those who don’t in order to coerce them into getting the jab.” Maybe this isn’t your personal sentiment, but it’s the sentiment of many/most authoritarians in this thread and elsewhere who support strict vaccine mandates in order to participate in public life, find employment etc.

Also in this thread: idiots who equate not getting vaccinated with the willful murder of others. We are truly living in a clown world. An analogy: I drive. I know there is a slight possibility that I will hit and kill someone (probably the same or greater probability than people in my cohort dying of COVID, actually). This can happen regardless of whatever precautions I take to avoid it (obeying driving laws, paying attention etc.) simply by virtue of the act of driving. However, if I only drove 5 mph everywhere, I most certainly would never kill anyone. And, of course, if I didn’t drive at all I also would never kill anyone. However, we don’t mandate that people drive 5 mph in order to eliminate a very small risk of death. We also do not ban people from driving if they refuse to drive 5 mph everywhere.

In this analogy:

Taking driving precautions = wearing masks, social distancing etc.
Driving 5 mph = taking the vaccine
Banning people from driving = banning people from participating in public life, finding gainful employment etc. if they are unvaccinated

And before you say that this analogy is not apt, because driving 5 mph is a great imposition whereas injecting a vaccine is not, I would ask: How is your ability to get anywhere in a timely manner more important than PEOPLE’S LIVES? (Or: “are you a murderer?”). And second, how is a violation of one’s own physical sovereignty via a coerced injection of a vaccine (because coercion is EXACTLY what’s going on here) any LESS of an imposition than simply needing more time to get around?

Last edited:
Top Bottom