• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So are these boosters just the same exact shot as before, only you just get a 3rd one, or do they need to mix a special "booster" version that is keyed to the newer variants? I haven't been paying attention to any of this shit after I got my vaccine.
Same shot for Pfizer. I don't know about the other ones.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I'm sorry for being physically fit and having a normal BMI.

FYI, I'm not anti-vaxx. if you are at risk, by all means, get the vaccine.
Physically fit people can still get severe cases of Covid. 🤦‍♂️

And as it has been said a hundred times by now it's not just about YOU. All your doing is showing how selfish and ignorant you are in your knowledge of Covid and the benefits of the vaccine for everyone. Not just yourself.

Last edited:
Physically fit people can still get severe cases of Covid. 🤦‍♂️

And as it has been said a hundred times by now it's not just about YOU. All your doing is showing how selfish and ignorant you are in your knowledge of Covid and the benefits of the vaccine for everyone. Not just yourself.
but vaxxed people can spread the virus like anyone else can

Last edited:
How people are scared of a FDA approved vaccine and in favour of swallowing a livestock de-wormer makes me wonder how stupid people have become. Tide pods against covid is next.

Because it's an antiviral drug that's been around for 40 years to treats humans (horse dewormer horse dewormer horse dewormer) and normal doses haven't been proven to immediately make a good chunk of recipients sick.

How people are scared of a FDA approved vaccine and in favour of swallowing a livestock de-wormer makes me wonder how stupid people have become. Tide pods against covid is next.
many are not scared of needles or an fda approved vaccine.

some understand the risks of covid and choose against it. why is that hard to understand?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
E-Su0U0WUA0QlP9

The Atlantic

Nobody_Important

but vaxxed people can spread the virus like anyone else can
Yes but vaccinated people have a higher resistance. Which means they are less likely to get it and less likely to pass it on than someone who isn't vaccinated. And not only are they likely to get it, but they have a lower chance of having a severe case of it and being hospitalized. Which also means that the hospitals would not be so packed and overloaded.

This has been covered several times now in this thread. The more people who are vaccinated the better. Full stop. That's just a fact.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I said it a few pages back, but I'll say it again.

Why is it we get a new face every week that tries to repeat the same exact arguments that has been debunked and dismantled a dozen times in the this thread?

Probably the same dozy cunt coming back time after time using a VPN. Or just people who cant be bothered to look back through the thread. Or someone on a Discord is foaming at mouth.

One of those.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Rogan getting COVID was what one would call inevitable. Play down vaccines, which can be gotten for free or cheap in the US. Then, when you get COVID, resort to costly antibody treatments and horse dewormer.

One of these options seems hella smarter than the other, and it's not the one that involved animal meds. An ounce of prevention is worse a pound of cure. Some of us haven't gotten the vaccine because we can't. Because the countries we're in have a shortage due to the West getting first choice. I'm hoping to have a date for my shot in a week, but it's still questionable. I don't want to have to find a wacky cure for getting sick, when there's a means of preventing or at least softening any illness I might get. Ivermectin should be the option of last resort, when you have no safer alternative left, and you've contracted the virus. Be smart, folks.

Yes but vaccinated people have a higher resistance. Which means they are less likely to get it and less likely to pass it on than someone who isn't vaccinated. And not only are they likely to get it, but they have a lower chance of having a severe cases of it.

This has been covered several times now in this thread. The more people who are vaccinated the better. Full stop. That's just a fact.
you are not less likely to get it and not less likely to pass it on. the vaxx just reduces the risk of death for the old and/or obese.

stop shutting down info like there's no new data and studies. just because studies from the UK and Isreal doesn't support main stream media's agenda doesn't mean it isn't valid.

now please respect my choice and my elevated anti-bodies since recovering from covid.

you are not less likely to get it and not less likely to pass it on. the vaxx just reduces the risk of death for the old and/or obese.

stop shutting down info like there's no new data and studies. just because studies from the UK and Isreal doesn't support main stream media's agenda doesn't mean it isn't valid.

now please respect my choice and my elevated anti-bodies since recovering from covid.

this UK study?

Nobody_Important

That is straight up not true. The numbers clearly show a MASSIVE difference in the number of cases between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. That is a statistical fact.

You are talking nonsense.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
ivermectin is known to generally be very safe- it's actually very unlikely that something bad happens if you take it. But in medicine its generally not a good idea to give something on a massive scale (ie everyone with covid) that is not known to work as this this would only contribute to the rampant number of medical errors that occur every year that people love to talk about. In all likelihood I suspect it will have little to no effect with regard to covid, like we saw with hydroxychloroquine, but I would love to be wrong and have something else to add in our arsenal to fight this virus. The problem is that people are deciding to take it instead of something that is known to work, and work very well I might add. if you are worried enough about Covid that you are taking ivermectin - then you should be getting vaccinated. That's why taking ivermectin is the subject of ridicule right now--thousands are rolling the dice with ivermectin and so far it does not appear to be winning odds. But like I said the jury is still out so while we wait we are being painfully subjected to the drug being politicized by the pea brains on both. it sucks

Last edited:
You’re making shit up

No, I'm not. It was 2 weeks to flatten the curve. Every scientist and expert at that time was saying don't expect a vaccine to pull us out of it. Some authoritarians managed to turn that into booster shots and vaccine passports, which were also not supposed to be a thing.

Loki

Count of Concision
I'm sorry for being physically fit and having a normal BMI.

FYI, I'm not anti-vaxx. if you are at risk, by all means, get the vaccine.

Haven't you gotten the blaringly loud and clear message in this thread: one is no longer allowed to make their own risk assessments. If you do you are selfish, ignorant, or willfully DENYING TEH SCIENCE!!!!!11

Last edited:

pr0cs

It was 2 weeks to flatten the curve.
At this point it's pretty clear that COVID will never go away and any thought that masks won't be needed is out the window and monthly/weekly booster shots will be the new norm. Eventually some form of passport will be required and you'll have to prove that you have gotten your weekly shot to leave your house and use any public facilities. Get used to it, this will just be how things are going forward.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Haven't you gotten the blaringly loud and clear message in this thread: one is no longer allowed to make their own risk assessments. If you do you are selfish, ignorant, or willfully DENYING TEH SCIENCE!!!!!11
He just tried to claim that the vaccine doesn't help protect you from getting Covid and that as long as you are fit and healthy you don't need the vaccine.

That doesn't strike you as ignorant and denying the science? Because that is literally what he is doing.

Last edited:
That is straight up not true. The numbers clearly show a MASSIVE difference in the number of cases between vaccinated and unvaccinated people. That is a statistical fact.

You are talking nonsense.
article here
using data from

Israel has become the Covid capital of the world despite leading the charge on vaccines, in a clear warning sign that Britain, the US and other highly-immunised nations are still vulnerable to another wave.

Stats compiled by Oxford University-backed research team Our World in Data shows there were a record 1,892 Covid cases per million people in Israel on Wednesday — nearly 0.2 per cent of the entire population in a single day.

He just tried to claim that the vaccine doesn't help protect you from getting Covid and that as long as you are fit and healthy you don't need the vaccine.

That doesn't strike you as ignorant and denying the science? Because that is literally what he is doing.
yes, the vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching covid, it will help prevent death/hospitalization.

also, I never said if you are fit and healthy you don't need the vaccine. I said you can make your own choice. I am fit and healthy, understand the risk, had covid, have the anti-bodies and am choosing not taking the vaccine for ME, not anyone else.

Loki

Count of Concision

I was referring strictly to his RIGHT to be able to make his own risk assessment, not the underpinnings thereof. However, realize that if one (such as you and others in this thread) believes that it can never be the case that one not getting the vaccine is the correct choice for themselves, then you are essentially engaged in ideological totalitarianism. That is, you do not admit of a plurality of views and opinions. You can dress it up in "the science" all you want, but at the end of the day this is what it comes down to. This is not to suggest that certain views and opinions are not more or less informed, but at the end of the day a person has the right to decide for themselves, especially where it concerns their own bodily autonomy (and no, arguments such as "but you're affecting others by not being vaxxed" are not of sufficient force to override these concerns and rights given the level of threat of this virus).

This ideological totalitarianism is EXACTLY of the same kind we see in debates about various issues: BLM, abortion, transgender rights etc. People who just will not admit of any opinion besides their own. Increasingly, they hide behind "science" and/or "data" in such discussions as well, using it as a shield. It's all the same. And it's frightening.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

I was referring strictly to his RIGHT to be able to make his own risk assessment, not the underpinnings thereof. However, realize that if one (such as you and others in this thread) believes that it can never be the case that one not getting the vaccine is the correct choice for themselves, then you are essentially engaged in ideological totalitarianism. That is, you do not admit of a plurality of views and opinions. You can dress it up in "the science" all you want, but at the end of the day this is what it comes down to. This is not to suggest that certain views and opinions are not more or less informed, but at the end of the day a person has the right to decide for themselves, especially where it concerns their own bodily autonomy (and no, arguments such as "but you're affecting others by not being vaxxed" are not of sufficient force to override these concerns and rights given the level of threat of this virus).

This ideological totalitarianism is EXACTLY of the same kind we see in debates about various issues: BLM, abortion, transgender rights etc. People who just will not admit of any opinion besides their own. Increasingly, they hide behind "science" and/or "data" in such discussions as well, using it as a shield. It's all the same. And it's frightening.
I know it's crazy. Using science and statistical data to show why it's better to get vaccinated than to not get vaccinated? I'm such an authoritarian. It's nuts.

You caught me. 🙄

Last edited:
What needs to be done is health coverage for unvaccinated that need a hospital visit won't be covered by plans and life insurance voiding policies for death as it is considered a suicide.

Nobody_Important

Today in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published new data from Los Angeles County collected from May to July, which show unvaccinated people were 5 times more likely to get COVID-19 than vaccinated peers and 29 times more likely to be hospitalized for their infections.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
This vaccine talk makes me think of what would happen if say a very deadly virus.... like Smallpox 2.0 or some new horrible plague or something new we never discovered before came and had like a 40% mortality rate, and in that scenario I have to admit, I'd have no time for anti-vaxxers. You want to do your my body my choice with COVID, that's one thing, but if this is a dress rehearsal for something much worse, at some point, your freedoms get put to the back burner so society isn't wiped out.

Top Bottom