• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sure, I agree with you.

But is that a reason to ignore a much bigger and deadlier problem, which makes all other health problems even more dangerous and deadlier, for another 30 years?

Obesity increases the death rate of COVID-19 by up to 1000%. One. Thousand. Percent.
If COVID-19 fails to finally address this problem, what kind of pandemic will it take for a country full of overweight people to live healthier lives?
What more do you want government to do about fat people?

People eating too much and not working out is a life choice. So is not getting a vaccine. Government cant force people to eat healthy or get a vaccine.

The key difference is being a fatty hurts themselves and isnt contagious making other people fat and dying just because they are standing beside them. Also, there is no quick free prevention for being fat unlike a free painless vaccine covid shot that takes minutes to get.

Legions of fat people arent the ones using up all the space at hospitals the past year either.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
Massive government intervention, regulation, tracking and mandates.
Good luck with that!

What more do you want government to do about fat people?

People eating too much and not working out is a life choice. So is not getting a vaccine. Government cant force people to eat healthy or get a vaccine.

The key difference is being a fatty hurts themselves and isnt contagious making other people fat and dying just because they are standing beside them. Also, there is no quick free prevention for being fat unlike a free painless vaccine covid shot that takes minutes to get.

This has nothing to do with the government.

The US has probably one of the dumbest populations in the western world and I'm not talking abou graduation or similar things, but about fundamental things like personal responsibility for one's own life.

If someone lives a shitty life in the US, then it's always one of the following reasons if you would ask this person: Trump, Biden, blacks, whites, straights, gays, transgenders, asians, democrats, republicans, celebrities and many more. It's always someone or something else's fault that your life sucks and you're an unhealthy fat fuck or miserable being.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This has nothing to do with the government.

The US has probably one of the dumbest populations in the western world and I'm not talking abou graduation or similar things, but about fundamental things like personal responsibility for one's own life.

If someone lives a shitty life in the US, then it's always one of the following reasons: Trump, Biden, blacks, whites, straights, gays, transgenders, asians, democrats, republicans, celebrities and many more. It's always someone or something else's fault that your life sucks and you're an unhealthy fat fuck or miserable being.
I guess so, but Covid is not a long term societal issue like someone pissed at life due to racism or their town has no good jobs to get.

Covid came out of nowhere and hit every country the same way fast. And the same solution is everywhere just as fast. A quick, free, painless needle or two.

If someone has issue comprehending the difference between the two they got issues.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
My employer is offering the Pfizer booster shot (third) to those 65 or older, has health conditions, etc, all the usual - as well as those who got both Pfizer shots over five months ago.

I have to wait and see if the FDA approves the Moderna vaccine for a third booster. I will be getting my flu shot any day now, so I hope it's soon as I would be eligible in early November if they pass the same guidelines.

betrayal

Banned
Covid came out of nowhere and hit every country the same way fast. And the same solution is everywhere just as fast. A quick, free, painless needle or two.

If someone has issue comprehending the difference between the two they got issues.

I don't deny that either. My only point was that some countries have to mourn significantly more victims than others and there are preventable reasons for that. But it's probably a bit off-topic anyway.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Thanks for this Evilore. Funny, I was told by others earlier my drunk driving analogy was not applicable.
It still isn't, for the same reasons we outlined earlier. We gave specific reasons for it which you have not sufficiently rebut, nor did you answer specific questions asked of you.

I know what your point is and I'm telling you it's flawed. You are using this hypothetical scenario as some kind of defense to shield you from answering a real world scenario so that you can defend your position with the "no one should be denied treatment!" platitude.

Answer your own hypothetical. You are the doctor. You only have one bed. Two identical people enter with COVID. What do you do? If you can't answer that question yourself, your entire criticism is useless because you can't come up with a solution based on your own criteria.

This is how you know you're not weighing the options in your head equally. Your entire premise was based on two people who are otherwise in equal situations except for vaccination status, and you're already moving the goalposts.

You also continue to frame the issue incorrectly.

Extrapolating that out to folks before they’ve even come into your care is like writing them off from the get-go, before having ever evaluated them.

This isn't about "writing people off from the get-go". This is about using the best data available to determine likelihood of outcomes and priority based on first order and second order criteria. There is a non-zero amount of data to justify my position. There is zero data to justify your position.

Thaedolus

Sure, I agree with you.

But is that a reason to ignore a much bigger and deadlier problem, which makes all other health problems even more dangerous and deadlier, for another 30 years?

Obesity increases the death rate of COVID-19 by up to 1000%. One. Thousand. Percent.
If COVID-19 fails to finally address this problem, what kind of pandemic will it take for a country full of overweight people to live healthier lives?
I don’t think obesity should be ignored, obviously it’s one of the biggest factors in any number of diseases we face now. But I do recall a former First Lady trying to get people to eat better and move more and she was met with outright hostility for having the audacity to suggest we could do better as a nation. Add the fat-acceptance movement and other such nonsense and uh…good luck.

I’ve basically had to threaten to keep my kids away from relatives that want to load them up with candy and cookies, people in general are just completely retarded when it comes to knowing the effects of what we put in our bodies

BouncyFrag

67b.jpg

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My doctor told me I should get the booster. I'm a little concerned because after I was vaccinated I started dealing with some conditions. I'm thinking it's pretty unlikely the vaccine caused it, but I don't know 100%.

So if anyone here is getting it and wants to act as a test subject, report back your symptoms after the booster.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
My doctor told me I should get the booster. I'm a little concerned because after I was vaccinated I started dealing with some conditions. I'm thinking it's pretty unlikely the vaccine caused it, but I don't know 100%.

So if anyone here is getting it and wants to act as a test subject, report back your symptoms after the booster.
I got it on Friday. Faint shoulder soreness for 2 days. The mildest side effects of the 3 shots for me, but all 3 were mild.
1st: Very sore shoulder, 2 days.
2nd: Very sore shoulder, 2 days. Tired 12 hours.
3rd: Mild sore shoulder, 2 days.

My girlfriend got the shot as well and is reporting a sore throat and slight sinus congestion. But she went to work the last 2 days and seems fine. Said she wasn't feeling 100% though.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I got it on Friday. Faint shoulder soreness for 2 days. The mildest side effects of the 3 shots for me, but all 3 were mild.
1st: Very sore shoulder, 2 days.
2nd: Very sore shoulder, 2 days. Tired 12 hours.
3rd: Mild sore shoulder, 2 days.

My girlfriend got the shot as well and is reporting a sore throat and slight sinus congestion. But she went to work the last 2 days and seems fine. Said she wasn't feeling 100% though.
I just got a flu shot a couple days ago, so I'm not going to get the booster this week, I want to space it out. So possibly next week. Good to hear the side effects appear more mild, I've heard that from a few others as well.

Kilau

I have to wait on Moderna booster approval and my doctor told me 8 months from last dose, so not getting one yet.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So what are us booster shot folks going to call ourselves? Boosties? What do we call the people who only have the single course? lol
Thats not gonna work for this day and age where you want your vaccination status to be part of your identity. I recommend tri-vaxxed.
Then you can trot out your identity 'Hi I'm Crankyjay, I'm a Pfizer exclusive tri-vaxxed, tetra-vax hesitant, anti-pentavax'

Last edited:

Narasumas

It still isn't, for the same reasons we outlined earlier. We gave specific reasons for it which you have not sufficiently rebut, nor did you answer specific questions asked of you.

You also continue to frame the issue incorrectly.

This isn't about "writing people off from the get-go". This is about using the best data available to determine likelihood of outcomes and priority based on first order and second order criteria. There is a non-zero amount of data to justify my position. There is zero data to justify your position.
Dude, relax.

Last edited:

Pjero

ICYMI: Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says “within a year, I think we will be able to come back to normal life.”

He adds that “annual vaccinations,” may be necessary.

LoL... Absolutely normal life....:messenger_unamused:

Pjero

Israelis reporting heart problems on TV:

Protesting against vaxx passports and more shots:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I was preparing to go on vacation and had to take a covid 19 test. I'm fully vaccinated and I still tested positive. My life fucking sucks.
If you have no symptoms it could be a false positive otherwise I feel your pain. I had my own dance with Covid recently despite being vaccinated.

ICYMI: Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says “within a year, I think we will be able to come back to normal life.”

He adds that “annual vaccinations,” may be necessary.

LoL... Absolutely normal life....:messenger_unamused:

if that means no lockdowns, shielding, quarantine, testing, masking and tracking then it sounds like paradise, but I'm not going to take societal predictions from the CEO of Pfizer

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Skimmed the linked. Not sure what to make of it. Is it:

1. People hiring these no-name acting bums to make antivaxxers look bad?

2. No-name acting bums who truly are fighting for anti-vax? I thought left leaning media people are all about getting vaxxed

3. No-name acting bums who really all for vax shots, but they need attention and a job so this is the best way they can think of to get attention

Last edited:

poppabk

Skimmed the linked. Not sure what to make of it. Is it:

1. People hiring these no-name acting bums to make antivaxxers look bad?

2. No-name acting bums who truly are fighting for anti-vax? I thought left leaning media people are all about getting vaxxed

3. No-name acting bums who really all for vax shots, but they need attention and a job so this is the best way they can think of to get attention
They are implying it is people hired to push fake grassroots anti-vax campaigns, but honestly I think it is (3). Bunch of people desperate to get their 15 minutes one way or another.

poppabk

People like my dad are clinging to this Project Veritas article where they have JNJ employees saying the vaccines are bad.
Project Veritas have really gone downhill. They are only one step away from an expose like 'Tesla is...circling the drain... company full of crap...giving off the whiff of failure...a massive turd....ready to flush the whole thing - says Tesla engineer Bob Smith.'
Sanitation 'Engineer' Bob Smith.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Jonathan Issac on the media commentary about his vaccination status. Don't think anyone else could have addressed the situation any better in his situation.

So, basically another selfish twat who thinks that getting the vaccine or not is just about him, and that he thinks his decision doesn’t effect others…when it clearly fucking does.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Have no idea who this muppet is thank god, but I’d be willing to bet vital parts of my anatomy he’s very religious - given how common that is among the anti-vaxxers.

Last edited:
Project Veritas have really gone downhill. They are only one step away from an expose like 'Tesla is...circling the drain... company full of crap...giving off the whiff of failure...a massive turd....ready to flush the whole thing - says Tesla engineer Bob Smith.'
Sanitation 'Engineer' Bob Smith.
lol, exactly.

So, basically another selfish twat who thinks that getting the vaccine or not is just about him, and that he thinks his decision doesn’t effect others…when it clearly fucking does.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Have no idea who this muppet is thank god, but I’d be willing to bet vital parts of my anatomy he’s very religious - given how common that is among the anti-vaxxers.

8.25...Jesus will protect him

Last edited:

catvonpee

I'm experiencing a breakthrough covid infection since yesterday. Seems my vaccine is working because I felt super shitty yesterday and don't feel too bad today. I had covid in November and got the J and J vaccine in June. I just have a slight fever today. But I feel really good otherwise.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm experiencing a breakthrough covid infection since yesterday. Seems my vaccine is working because I felt super shitty yesterday and don't feel too bad today. I had covid in November and got the J and J vaccine in June. I just have a slight fever today. But I feel really good otherwise.
Wow, that's a double breakthrough then, probably very rare. You have natural and vaccine antibodies. Hope you get better soon.

I've been seeing a lot of public voices use the "the vaccines haven't worked as promised" line. Before I criticize that narrative, I wanted to make sure that the CDC, WHO, politicians, and medical experts didn't promise it would prevent people from catching COVID. Because as far as I remember, they never did.

Is this correct?

The line from the CDC website months ago was that the vaccines were effective against transmission. When the breakthrough cases everyone said well, they never said 100% effective.

catvonpee

Wow, that's a double breakthrough then, probably very rare. You have natural and vaccine antibodies. Hope you get better soon.

I've been seeing a lot of public voices use the "the vaccines haven't worked as promised" line. Before I criticize that narrative, I wanted to make sure that the CDC, WHO, politicians, and medical experts didn't promise it would prevent people from catching COVID. Because as far as I remember, they never did.

Is this correct?
The vaccine is working in the sense that I felt better in a day, but when I had covid in November I was sick AF for two months.

My mom also tested positive for covid yesterday and she had two Moderna shots six months ago.

Thaedolus

The line from the CDC website months ago was that the vaccines were effective against transmission. When the breakthrough cases everyone said well, they never said 100% effective.
If people with diarrhea for brains didn’t infer that effective meant 100% protection then they wouldn’t have had to clarify. There’s no 100% effective medical intervention or countermeasure, if anyone took “effective” to mean that then they’ve just demonstrated why they don’t have the expertise to be opining on such things

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Okay.....and?

The vaccines were never pushed as being 100% effective. They have only ever been represented as being better than having no vaccination at all and that is factually correct.

Top Bottom