• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creed sequel already in the works; potential story options (Apollo is back!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

And some good news....

Stallone regarding the next Rambo...
“The heart’s willing, but the body says, ‘Stay home!’” he says. “It’s like fighters that go back for one last round and get clobbered. Leave it to someone else.”

I agree, no more. The last one ended beautifully.

Was reading the excerpt in the OP, and about halfway through, figured it was Clickhole or something, so I kept reading on through, smiling every now and again, waiting for the punchline.

Which came at the bottom, with a link back to VARIETY.

They better not do ANY of this shit.

im all for the creed sequels getting a little silly at times.
i mean, some people rank rocky 4 at the top of the list of rocky movies and it's pretty much the worst one.

Chase17

If Rocky's son can age like 10 years between Rocky 4 and 5, I wouldn't put it past there being a flashback with current age Carl Weathers.

Fury451

Banned
A story taking place in the past, with 68 year old Carl Weathers playing Apollo?

Hey they worked that magic for a flawlessly young Michael Douglas in Ant-Man.

What a time to be alive.

That said these ideas sound pretty bad. Cheesy follow-up potential to what was a great film.

Was reading the excerpt in the OP, and about halfway through, figured it was Clickhole or something, so I kept reading on through, smiling every now and again, waiting for the punchline.

Which came at the bottom, with a link back to VARIETY.

Is Variety a joke site or something? I don't get it.

Is Variety a joke site or something? I don't get it.

No, Variety is a trade paper. It means all the bullshit I just read Sylvester Stallone cough up was stuff the actual Sylvester Stallone told somebody, as opposed to a parody article making fun of how stupid Sylvester Stallone tends to be with the Rocky series.

The joke was on me, is what I'm saying.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Everything in that article sounds stupid.

Wait for Coogler and have Adonis fight Andre Ward's character for the vacant titles. This shit isn't hard, Sly.

Toxi

Banned
Casting Carl Weathers as a young Apollo would be like if they cast Marlon Brando as a young Vito Corleone in the Godfather part 2.

AwFt4Wm.jpg

Yep. :D

Creed 2 without Coogler or Michael B. is kind of a weird sell but --

The article OP sourced was kind of unclear, but what Stallone was suggesting is that they would cut back and forth between a modern-day plot with Michael B. Jordan and a flashback plot with Apollo and Rocky. That's what he meant with The Godfather 2 comparison.

They're not making Creed 2 without Michael B. Jordan.

I wouldn't mind some sort of scene where Apollo speaks to Donnie in his thoughts or something. But not Apollo coming back to life.

Well, I guess the point of a reboot is to milk the hell out of whatever success you have until it dries up, so go ahead! They should have Apollo be an astronaut who has been frozen in a space capsule since his death, and brought back to fight one more time.

bengraven

Sounds like Stallone is ready to jump on this and take it over after it did so well.

It's like if George was knocking at Disney's door asking if he can direct Episode 8.

number11

Not sure I want this.. but at the same time it will be hilarious if they went the same path as the Rocky series by turning up the cheesiness/montages/80s music.

Gonzalez

Banned
Not sure I want this.. but at the same time it will be hilarious if they went the same path as the Rocky series by turning up the cheesiness/montages/80s music.
They would need to. It's way too hard to keep playing up the serious sports drama card with the Rocky films. It didn't really work with Rocky II.

Dolph Lundren still looks amazing.

Why not have Adonis and Rocky make amends with Ivan Drago and team up to fight a common foe.

A Drago back story is far more interesting. where he gets exiled to Siberia after losing to Rocky, Drago escapes Siberia by killing, eating wolves and wearing their fur. Drago finds peaces and searches out to Apollo's family to apologize.

Sounds like Stallone is ready to jump on this and take it over after it did so well.

It's like if George was knocking at Disney's door asking if he can direct Episode 8.

But Stallone wrote and directed the previous film in the series (Rocky Balboa) and it was arguably second best to the original. It's not like he's some loon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom