• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creed sequel already in the works; potential story options (Apollo is back!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PillarEN

I saw Creed about 6 hours ago. If there was a sequel I would not think of doing an Apollo chapter in the past nor would I have thought of having Young Creed fighting a Russian. Think they are capable of doing something more than that.

I saw Creed about 6 hours ago. If there was a sequel I would not think of doing an Apollo chapter in the past nor would I have thought of having Young Creed fighting a Russian. Think they are capable of doing something more than that.

Yeah I'd be surprised if they did go that route and really disappointed. Creed is easily my favorite movie of 2015.

bengraven

But Stallone wrote and directed the previous film in the series (Rocky Balboa) and it was arguably second best to the original. It's not like he's some loon.

Hey, I love me some Stallone and the only Rocky I didn't like was 5, but "SOME PEOPLE SAY"...that he hasn't made a good movie in years.

But Stallone wrote and directed the previous film in the series (Rocky Balboa) and it was arguably second best to the original. It's not like he's some loon.

True, but Expendables... Expendables are some of the worst films I have seen, and they shouldn't be. But they fall so flat I cringe just thinking about it. :(

True, but Expendables... Expendables are some of the worst films I have seen, and they shouldn't be. But they fall so flat I cringe just thinking about it. :(

Expendables 1 was fine, and that's the one he did.

Rocky is very, very clearly his baby too. I was fucking shocked he let Coogler have the reins.

Bring Apollo back as his son's Stand & make Creed 2 into American JoJo.

stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

PillarEN

Sly got dat Rocky bug now.

It's time to make Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge (from the beyond).

Adrian plays a goddess of heaven and Paulie gets drunk in hell which causes some huge beef which is then settled in a boxing match on Earth.

Reveal that Apollo had a long lost twin brother named Moses and you can have Carl Weathers come in and play him. He'll start out as sort of a sympathetic character that Adonis embraces until Rocky reveals that he's been robbing Adonis blind the whole time, leading to a climactic street fight between Rocky and Moses.

Just have Carl Weathers play a Russian clone of Apollo that (for some reason) Adonis has to fight. Have a post credits clip that rolls it all into the Marvel and Star Wars universe' and collect that dollar dollar.

I really hope they bring Apollo back. It makes sense.

Apollo faked his death with the help of Rocky to trigger the revenge fight in Russia. Apollo was brought over in the flight to Russia on a covert operation to research and get intelligence on Russia's nuclear capability. During that time he was caught and turned into a double agent. On 2016 he's sent back to America to assassinate Donal trump, as he's the only candidate that can stop the red menace. He comes back to Rocky and now his newfound discovered son as a trainer to trigger a fight that if won it would put Apollo in the presence of Trump to administer the poison. This plan is discovered by Adonis right before the fight and confronts his father on the issue. Now Adonis has to decide if he should win the fight for his pride or lose and try to foil his fathers and mother Russia's plan.

I'd love to see a Drago trained fighter or his son fighting Adonis. Maybe have Carl Weathers coming to Adonis and speaking to him in a dream or something if you have to have him. On some Goku/Gohan kamehameha type shit. lol

there's nothing positive about coogler abandoning Donnie Creed for some comic book movie.

smh. oh well hopefully he gets in some drama work too and comes back for creed 3: rocky's sick again

Robert Balboa vs. Adonis Creed

they fight for Rocky's love. But then after a unanimous decision victory to Donnie, Rocky takes the mic and says he loves them both. cue the soundtrack.

Kicko

I'm thinking Coogler knew that Stallone was going to have more say in the direction of the 'Creed' franchise, and consequently bailed on it to direct 'Black Panther.' He may not come out and say as much publicly, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a classic case of 'creative differences.' And who could blame Coogler? He'd never have his vision fully realized with Stallone given more of a prominent voice on the project.

RC

Banned
Robert Balboa vs. Adonis Creed

they fight for Rocky's love. But then after a unanimous decision victory to Donnie, Rocky takes the mic and says he loves them both. cue the soundtrack.

I'd cry.

Also Stallone directed Rocky Balboa, so I think a lot of the fears over him directing are unfounded.

Both ideas are stupid as shit. Just bring back Andre Ward to fight Donnie and make the drama come from Bianca's hearing loss or rocky's death

And wait for Coogler

I LOVE the rocky series so much but this doesn't have to be like it, it shouldn't

Seriously it's that simple they set up Ward to be his rival for the sequel well with the fight in the beginning of the movie.

If Stallone directs we have a problem.

Nah, he's a carny fucker, we good

Did you read what some of his ideas were upthread?

Those scream traps.

Seriously it's that simple they set up Ward to be his rival for the sequel well with the fight in the beginning of the movie.

Pretty much. It's basically tailor made for someone to keep going. Preferably Coogler.

If WB let him bounce, they are stupid as hell.

Ashhong

Stallone wrote and directed nearly all of the great Rocky movies. I wouldn't be so quick to discount his ideas about what's right for this character or franchise.

Didn't Stallone have no part in the story for this movie, and in fact not want to do it at all until someone (Coogler?) convinced him that it was worth it?

I did. But I trust Stallone won't "Rocky V" the Creed sequel.

Hopefully.

"Adonis is in training for his fight with Ivan Drago Jr, when, the night before, he suffers a devastating knee injury, leaving Rocky forced to step in and take the fight on 24 hours notice..."

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Best case scenario they keep Creed on as EP, continue his story with 2 and have him return to wrap up the trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom