• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy image thread.

AbsoluteZero said:
That made all my nerves scream there for a second. Tensed up.

Edit: It was that fucking clicking sound mostly.

Had my sound muted just in case. I wasn't taking any chances.

Still scared the shit out of me though...

Tenck

Door2Dawn said:
I scared to even click the link. Someone tell me what it's about.

Rainbows and unicorns!

Just click it with mute on and then turn back sound if you want to see what the fuss is about. It's not that scary. Just surprises you and you don't expect sound.

Door2Dawn said:
I scared to even click the link. Someone tell me what it's about.

It's
a comic of a woman seeing a creepy guy walking down the street, and as you scroll down and he begins to turn around, the javascript makes the page scroll down quickly on its own and thus it animates him looking at you and making a horrible clicking sound. Then after a brief exchange he runs towards "the camera" in a similar fashion.

Absolutely brilliantly done, I found it form Scott McCloud's (of "understanding comics" fame) blog.

the chris said:
4DSlX.gif

The scenes with her are still freaking me out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV4nwwgVEc4

It could have been worse :p

And I agree why don't you make a thread for it, it's pretty damn awesome, and the animation and sound sure as hell surprises you.

meltingparappa said:
Has this been buried in the thread yet?

Startling wonderful scary single webcomic
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue

(scroll down and ignore the fact that its japanese, you can get the gist of it)

EDIT: Korean, not Japanese.

Psy-aye-aye!
054.png

It really sucks because
I was just holding the down key on my keyboard since I didn't understand any of the text, and it stops to let that freaky image do its thing. TWICE.

Oh, and to add onto the weird garfield stuff, here's a comic.
http://gunshowcomic.com/427

Uncompromisable said:
There was a girl lost in the enormously huge Odessa, Ukraine catacombs while she was exploring it with her friends (a group of friends decided to celebrate the new year inside the catacombs, next morning they emerged from the dark with the rest of a huge drunkenness… and with one less member…). This is the remains of her body: http://www.gothic-culture.com/images/stories/tourism/Europe/Odessa_catacomb/cadaver.jpg

Actually quite sad, doesn't register as creepy/scary.

Bentendo

JJD said:
Bentendo. That's not scary or creepy. That's sad. That image has no place on this thread.

The disease is indeed scary. I obviously wasn't scared of the person but the fact that this exists and wanted to show an example of it. Meant absolutely NO offense (looking back though this probably wasn't appropriate for this thread).

Emily Chu

Banned
Tenck said:
Rainbows and unicorns!

Just click it with mute on and then turn back sound if you want to see what the fuss is about. It's not that scary. Just surprises you and you don't expect sound.

okay even without the sound my balls dropped and gut FEAR took over

wtf man

Kinyou said:
Those are just great, tough having to click every picture individually made Hanging Balloons really a pain in the ass to read.
Seriously is a pain, which is a shame because it's my favorite.
Creepy in the same way that you can have a nightmare about the most random gobblygook but still wake up in a cold sweat.

Andrew.

Banned
Some of these are just gross...and others are scarey awesome...the one of that "thing" at the bottom of the stairs gave me a wicked chill when i looked at it. Great Thread!

The Enigma of Amigara's Fault fucks my shit. It literally created a new worst fear, which is about the greatest kudos you can give to any horror. It makes me terrified of something that I didn't think to imagine existing beforehand.

Kinyou

^don't know if that still counts as creepy. Rather disgusting.

Conciliator said:
The Enigma of Amigara's Fault fucks my shit. It literally created a new worst fear, which is about the greatest kudos you can give to any horror. It makes me terrified of something that I didn't think to imagine existing beforehand.
Yeah I love it. You don't want to go in there, you're scared to death to go in there, but still, you just have to, because it's there, specifically made just for you.

MooMoo

Some people really have no idea what creepy means. That gif is nowhere near the spectrum of creepy. It's just plain fucking disgusting.

In other news, Junji Ito's works are great. I still recommend Uzumaki. It's longer than his other works and has an overarching storyline but some of the smaller stories are pretty creepy like the pregnant mosquito-like women who feed on human blood.

Top Bottom