• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

At the time of Crysis 2 i had dual R6950's... that tessellation stunt they pulled with Nvidia (entire ocean below playing surface) was BS and crippled my AMD cards.

Though I recently played through C2 again with my 670 and it ran flawlessly.

You don't know what you are talking about. From Far Cry 1 to Crysis 2 (and I'm sure Crysis 3), that's how their engines work, there's water under the land.

DieH@rd

Banned
Well, there was several episodes which are focused on pure gameplay, which is great... Like this one, with obvious glorious PC k&m controls.

HelloMeow

I think it has been a great series of videos. They actually show you what the game is about.

It's not some kind of live action series, where the only thing that relates to the game is its story.

Metal-Geo

7 wonders split over 6 episodes. I guess 'cause' and 'effect' are two separate wonders? Ah well. Been a fun series. Nothing too spectacular or anything. But certainly a fun little series to keep the fans busy while they wait. Can't wait for the pre-loading on Origin!

Oh, and was that NanosuitNinja playing? Or did he only do the swamp level released earlier by vg247?

Zeth

$20 credit from Amazon right now, think I'll jump on that.

edit: I think it's gone already, not sure if I got it in time. Damn it, for consoles only. Will have to go with GMG.

RoKKeR

Damn, that PC footage was absolutely incredible. My 570/i52500k is able to handle Crysis 2 at above 30fps using Maldo 4.0 recommended settings at 1200p, but I'm worried for Crysis 3. (And next gen titles)

Might need to upgrade this summer. Not sure what card is get next seeing thg we're kind of in limbo right now with cards. I've had my eye in the 670 FTW for a whole now but...do I hold off until 7xx? Sorry this kind of turned into a PC hardware thread post.

DieH@rd

Banned
Damn, that PC footage was absolutely incredible. My 570/i52500k is able to handle Crysis 2 at above 30fps using Maldo 4.0 recommended settings at 1200p, but I'm worried for Crysis 3. (And next gen titles)

Might need to upgrade this summer. Not sure what card is get next seeing thg we're kind of in limbo right now with cards. I've had my eye in the 670 FTW for a whole now but...do I hold off until 7xx? Sorry this kind of turned into a PC hardware thread post.

Every Crysis thread is hardware thread. :D

Next week we will find out more about AMD plans for 2013 [investors conference call], but for nvidia, chances for new cards before end of the year are slim. Titan will give them enough publicity for the next few months at least.

RoKKeR

Every Crysis thread is hardware thread. :D

Next week we will find out more about AMD plans for 2013 [investors conference call], but for nvidia, chances for new cards before end of the year are slim. Titan will give them enough publicity for the next few months at least.
Hm, I've always been straight Nvidia, and I think Titan is a bit out of my budget/requirements. I simply don't need that much power. My feeling is that if I picked up a high end Nvida card now it'll get smoked by the inevitable 7xx cards for almost the same price in about a year.

Upgrading sucks.

Game looks to easy from all the videos I've seen, definitely doing this on a delta play through in hopes it brings some challenge to it

Geoff9920

I can't think of one PC game shipping on a blu ray. Why would Crysis 3 ?

The game is 17gb anyway, not that much (same as Batman AC or La Noire on PC).
Mostly paranoia... I figure if anyone was going to push blu-ray for installs it'd be Crytek.

Eideka

Banned
Mostly paranoia... I figure if anyone was going to push blu-ray for installs it'd be Crytek.

We have not reached a point where shipping PC games on blu rays is necessary. Sure it can be annoying for some people to switch between discs during the install but aside from that where would be the advantage of blu rays for PC gamers ?

Games could ship on 6 DVDs I don't care.

Geoff9920

We have not reached a point where shipping PC games on blu rays is necessary. Sure it can be annoying for some people to switch between discs during the install but aside from that where would be the advantage of blu rays for PC gamers ?

Oh, I agree. I simply saw these two tweets from Aegies and it made me wonder. First Second

DieH@rd

Banned

Weren't there rumors that PC version Bioshock Infinite will come out on bluray? I think the game is ~30-40GB.

Gbraga

Final episode of "7 Wonders"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=r9bD0AVIu8w

edit - GODAAAAMN, THAT LEVEL IS HUUUUUUGE

That was NSN wasn't it?

I think I'll play on normal with a controller just to enjoy the graphics on my TV, but then keyboard + mouse all the way.

I'm still not sure if I'll get it day one though, I think I'll wait for some Crysis 1 lovers to say what they think before I jump to it. I already have the first game on Origin anyway.

I can't decide whether I should get this for PC or PS3.

PS3 is my preferred platform of choice; it's got my friends, trophies, and it's located in my gaming room with surround sound. However the beta for PS3 was quite worrisome and looked incredibly awful, but then again I'm getting this for single player mainly and suspect the sp won't look as bad.

I'm almost ashamed to even mention my PC. I built a great rig about four months ago and the only action it's seen to date was Diablo 3.

Sethos

Banned
Final episode of "7 Wonders"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=r9bD0AVIu8w

edit - GODAAAAMN, THAT LEVEL IS HUUUUUUGE

untitled-1o7kjc.gif

Z_Y_W_Y

Banned
Once again - outstanding graphics, pretty average gameplay, and absolutely poor plot
the moment Alcatraz died and Prophet god the f*** knows how "resurrected" the franchise is over for me, dafaq Crytec, dafaq?

Toa TAK

Banned
Nice OT! I'm seriously thinking about grabbing one of those avatars myself.

But as for the game itself, I still want to pick it up sometime, even if the single player is only 5 hours.

Top Bottom