• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Do it.

Even if it runs like crap, eventually you'll be able to play it and optimized by MaLDo.

That's the shameful part, I've got two 690's and rarely use the machine. I'm an arrow cowboy and just cannot adjust to WASD for some reason, and the thought of using a controller of PC bothers me tremendously.

Spazznid

That's the shameful part, I've got two 690's and rarely use the machine. I'm an arrow cowboy and just cannot adjust to WASD for some reason, and the thought of using a controller of PC bothers me tremendously.

don't let it bother you. 360 controller integration is perfect in C3.

I played the xbox version and hated the controls, but the PC version I liked, so it feels like there was much less input lag or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeRJsJKkj3g

feel

So are there any fellow PC players that will be using a 360 controller for this one or is everyone sticking with the keyboard and mouse controls?
I beat Crysis 2 with a controller on pc and will be doing the same for Crysis 3 eventually. Something like CSGO is godly on KB/M, but I don't like using KB/M for this kind of gameplay.

codhand

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/crysis-3/critic-reviews
This is not only Crytek's best work and the most beautiful PC title to date but also a wonderful good-bye to the current generation of platforms. Crysis finally found its place among Call of Duty, Battlefield and Halo, taking some of their best bits but at the same time remaining distinct enough to be worth your time. You should definitely at least see it. [CD-Action 03/2013, p.44] 9/10

Assuming CD Action are the outfit responsible for the five hour campaign rumor...

Will my rig be able to run this well? It falls into the recommended system requirements, so it should, but some people say it's choppy on their high end rigs.

i5 2.66ghz quad core
Sapphire OC 2GB 7850
8 GB RAM

OrigiNull

Will my rig be able to run this well? It falls into the recommended system requirements, so it should, but some people say it's choppy on their high end rigs.

i5 2.66ghz quad core
Sapphire OC 2GB 7850
8 GB RAM

My guess would be playable framerate 25-45 fps with almost everything set to high. But most people would want to run this 60 fps locked with settings to ultra.

Ultra recommended processor is i7 3.4ghz+ and a AMD gpu of 7970 both of which are a little higher than what you got.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Crysis-3-System-Requirements-DirectX-11-Radeon-GeForce,19509.html

Zeth

Does GMG give you credit when the game releases or when you place the preorder? Can't decide where to preorder this. If it's the latter, maybe I'll grab Bioshock too and stack the credit.
Unrelated, but if you haven't signed up for the Warface beta by Crytek, you should give it a shot because it's enormously fun.

warface.com It's a pvp/pve fps military shooter. random beta gameplay

Wow, had no idea about this game. I definitely want to play. When do they open it up, or is it a rolling invite thing? (I registered on their site)

My guess would be playable framerate 25-45 fps with almost everything set to high. But most people would want to run this 60 fps locked with settings to ultra.

Ultra recommended processor is i7 3.4ghz+ and a AMD gpu of 7970 both of which are a little higher than what you got.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Crysis-3-System-Requirements-DirectX-11-Radeon-GeForce,19509.html

Yeah I saw those requirements. I know I won't be able to max it or anything. Just want a playable experience at 1080p, and I want it to look a lot better than it'd look on my PS3.

OrigiNull

Yeah I saw those requirements. I know I won't be able to max it or anything. Just want a playable experience at 1080p, and I want it to look a lot better than it'd look on my PS3.

I would think so. But it will definitely look better over the next year or so if you upgrade your system but it would always look the same on PS3....

aegies

I'm rocking that exact hardware and am not seeing anywhere near the performance most of PC-GAF demands.

OrigiNull

I'm rocking that exact hardware and am not seeing anywhere near the performance most of PC-GAF demands.

Is there a significant performance difference between SP and MP because I am running the beta on my i7 2600 with a GTX660ti on ultra and getting 30-50 fps.

Wow, had no idea about this game. I definitely want to play. When do they open it up, or is it a rolling invite thing? (I registered on their site)

No idea, I signed up about 2 weeks ago and just got in. Definitely good shit. This is the first game Crytek is going f2p with.

OrigiNull

I haven't played MP on PC.

Well right now I would say that the MP beta is giving me just slightly worse performance than the maxed out SP from Crysis 2.

I would expect them to dial things back with textures, scale of environment and such for MP to make it as smooth as possible.

Basically, I am planning on being a sad panda come Tuesday when I have to run it at medium-high settings to get that delicious 60fps. Oh well, guess I just need another gtx660ti :)

Eideka

Banned
I could play the beta with everything maxed + SMAA at 40fps with a GTX670 and a I7 3770.

I hope the SP will run just as good.

Gbraga

Registered for Warface, I liked that video, I hope I can get in soon!

I don't want to use any mods, I want to experience the game as Crytek intended it.

Then setting only Shading to High would also give you rock solid 60fps instead of 40.

If you really just don't give a shit and just want to run things maxed out, ignore me.

Eideka

Banned
Then setting only Shading to High would also give you rock solid 60fps instead of 40.

If you really just don't give a shit and just want to run things maxed out, ignore me.

A stable 30fps is perfectly fine for me, higher the better of course but if I can get that with everything maxed and FXAA/SMAA I will be satisfied.

I predict the shadow setting is the heavy hitter in this game.

file.php

Rasch is in the game.
This game is gonna look amazing.

Dave_6

I won't have it done in time for release but I'm anxious to see how my 3570K/8GB/GTX670 4GB build will run this at 1080p.

Gbraga

The Screenshots Thread will make me sad, I think I'll get fantastic visuals at 60fps, but every time I enter the thread and see shots people take running at 5fps I'll feel bad.

antitrop

The Screenshots Thread will make me sad, I think I'll get fantastic visuals at 60fps, but every time I enter the thread and see shots people take running at 5fps I'll feel bad.
If performance of the final game is as disappointing it was in the Beta, my expensive hardware will be upset.

I have no reason to believe that it will be, though. Crysis 2 Beta ran like shit and the final game ran great, especially after a few sets of Nvidia drivers.

Gbraga

We already knew this at the end of C2 when Alcatraz is contacted by him.

You mean ???

If performance of the final game is as disappointing it was in the Beta, my expensive hardware will be upset.

I have no reason to believe that it will be, though. Crysis 2 Beta ran like shit and the final game ran great, especially after a few sets of Nvidia drivers.

Wow, the beta ran great here, if the SP is even better my mind will explode. Can't wait for Maldo.

Eideka

Banned
You mean ???
You haven't finished Crysis 2 ?

I don't give a damn about the Crysis storyline but I still remember that detail, I'm expecting laughable writing once again with Crysis 3 but that's ok because this is not what matters to me in a FPS.

Gbraga

You haven't finished Crysis 2 ?

I don't give a damn about the Crysis storyline but I still remember that detail, I'm expecting laughable writing once again with Crysis 3 but that's ok because this is not what matters to me in a FPS.

Alcatraz, his real name is ???

Eideka

Banned
Alcatraz, his real name is ???

I don't know if his real identity is disclosed in the game but that matters very little because he is but an avatar, Prophet has taken over his soul via the Nanosuit anyway.

My God, to think someone has been paid to write such bullshit...

Gbraga

I don't know if his real identity is disclosed in the game but that matters very little because he is but an avatar, Prophet has taken over his soul via the Nanosuit anyway.

My God, to think someone has been paid to write such bullshit...

Dude, the thread title.

Top Bottom