• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Average gameplay lol, show me similar average gameplay from other game.

What other game allows you to jump in the air, shoot an arrow into the water to electrecture some dudes behind cover and then proceed to speed run and slide your way acrross a field of fire.

Sometimes I think people are blind...

This is the closest thing we have to vanquish in fps form IMO.

What other game allows you to jump in the air, shoot an arrow into the water to electrecture some dudes behind cover and then proceed to speed run and slide your way acrross a field of fire.

Sometimes I think people are blind...

This is the closest thing we have to vanquish in fps form IMO.

But my fingers, man; why no one thinks of my fingers? SHIFT and CTRL keys make my pinky tired.

Z_Y_W_Y

Banned
Average gameplay lol, show me similar average gameplay from other game.

OK maybe not the overall gameplay because I really like all that parkour stuff, but GUNplay - which is the most important thing for me in shooters, totally sucks in Crysis, you just don't "feel" the guns like in CoD or BF, not to mention every gun (as long as it's a non-alien one) is pretty much the same - every assault rifle feels the same, every smg feels the same, etc. A shooter can't be good if the shooting isn't good, right?

OK maybe not the overall gameplay because I really like all that parkour stuff, but GUNplay - which is the most important thing for me in shooters, totally sucks in Crysis, you just don't "feel" the guns like in CoD or BF, not to mention every gun (as long as it's a non-alien one) is pretty much the same - every assault rifle feels the same, every smg feels the same, etc. A shooter can't be good if the shooting isn't good, right?

I am sorry. BUt no.

The shooting (the way the guns react, relaod, and effect enemies) is class A in crytek games.

It is one of the few things that has gotten better with each installment.

And using COD as an example is a joke... if you said Killzone or an id game I would believe what you are saying.

Sethos

Banned
I am sorry. BUt no.

The shooting (the way the guns react, relaod, and effect enemies) is class A in crytek games.

It is one of the few things that has gotten better with each installment.

And using COD as an example is a joke... if you said Killzone or an id game I would believe what you are saying.

I almost agreed with you until you had to go and shit on Call of Duty's gunplay, which is one of the best in the business.

No it isn't smothered in Hollywood effects and overdone sounds, it's just snappy, fast and ultra satisfying to fire a weapon.

exYle

You cannot praise BF and CoD while simultaneously espousing this.

Moff

wow, we must have a completely different view of what good gunplay is.
CoD has terrible gunplay, seriously one of the worst on the market. it feels like a shooting gallery. hit feedback is also terrible, the enemies look like they have no weight when they react to shots.

crysis on the other hand, has pretty decent gunplay, not the best, but its satisfying and feels good

Eideka

Banned

Exact reverse for me, COD's gunplay is lame and all weapons feel the same.

Crysis nailed this aspect, the shotgun in C1/C2 feels so powerful. The gun sounds are the best I've heard in a FPS.

exYle

have you not played a CoD or BF game? All the weapons act very different...

The main difference between weapons in the same class, aside from aesthetics and sound, is fire rate and recoil rate. Functionally, there's little difference between two assault rifles. Similarly, in Crysis, a Typhoon and a Scarab can seem really different, but really, all that's different is that a Typhoon fires faster.

It's a pretty common downfall of most modern shooters. You cannot criticize one without it applying to most of the others.

Z_Y_W_Y

Banned
OK so let me put it this way - the weapons fire rate aren't match with how are they animated and with the sounds, unlike CoD and BF, and CoD supposely doesn't even have any recoil, but I can clearly see the guns shaking while I shoot them, unlike Crysis where the gun/crosshair is just sticked to the center of the screen with maximum glue, and the sounds don't match with the muzzle flash at all. Sorry, but that just turns me off so hard.

scitek

The guns in Crysis 2 were the best part of the game, IMO. They had weight to them, and sounded awesome. Call of Duty's fun because of its weapons, too. I don't know what any of you are talking about.

Sethos

Banned
HOLY SHIT I FINALLY GET THE TITLE

underpants-gnomes.jpg

patapuf

The main difference between weapons in the same class, aside from aesthetics and sound, is fire rate and recoil rate. Functionally, there's little difference between two assault rifles. Similarly, in Crysis, a Typhoon and a Scarab can seem really different, but really, all that's different is that a Typhoon fires faster.

It's a pretty common downfall of most modern shooters. You cannot criticize one without it applying to most of the others.

I don't know about COD but in BF different AR's do fulfill different roles.

eshwaaz

wow, we must have a completely different view of what good gunplay is.
CoD has terrible gunplay, seriously one of the worst on the market. it feels like a shooting gallery. hit feedback is also terrible, the enemies look like they have no weight when they react to shots.

crysis on the other hand, has pretty decent gunplay, not the best, but its satisfying and feels good
Totally agree with this. CoD's gunplay feels toothless and hollow. No sense of impact or mass to anything.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I could not possibly disagree more. The feeling of the guns and general controls in Crysis 2 were some of the best I've ever experienced. Far superior to the gun on a stick feeling of CoD. Absolutely loved the controls in Crysis 2.

All right, I'm probably going to get this for my new PC when it arrives. Do you computer-savvy folks think this'll run well on a GeForce GTX 660? Rest of the specs should be more than adequate.

PnCIa

Call of Duty and good gunplay in the same sentence? The models and animations are good, but the sound totaly breaks any "feeling" you might get.

OrigiNull

So are there any fellow PC players that will be using a 360 controller for this one or is everyone sticking with the keyboard and mouse controls?

OrigiNull

360 on pc here. worked great with crysis 2

Yeah I actually did my 1st play through in C2 on M/K and the next 2 on 360.

I love the analog movement but miss the precision aiming, not to mention that I feel like I am getting rolled when I play the C3 Mp Beta. Has anyone tried an analog left hand and mouse right hand combo?

Gbraga

So are there any fellow PC players that will be using a 360 controller for this one or is everyone sticking with the keyboard and mouse controls?

1st playthrough using a controller to enjoy dat comfy couch and see it in full glory on my TV, but then I'll play it on Delta using K+M to really start exploring the gameplay.

DieH@rd

Banned
I am now a new and proud owner of the octacore FX 8350 processor. :D

Sadly, I dont have money for better GPU right now. R6870 will have to do.

Here.

I have a wired one right now, but I might just get a wireless receiver for my expensive wireless controller.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I play SP games with a controller. It's just a better fit for me (playing on comfy couch).

For MP I'll hop on m+k.

360 on pc here. worked great with crysis 2
Yep, I had Crysis 1 working incredibly well w/kb+mouse after I went in and re-mapped the suit powers to individual buttons/keys. It felt perfect.

But I was frustrated with Crysis 2 and just could not get it to feel right... until I swapped it for the 360 controller, which felt much more natural for that game.

I'm sure it would be a major handicap in mp, but I play Crysis for the campaign. I'm fully expecting to use the 360 controller for Crysis 3 too.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
If I'm sitting at my desk then I'll use a keyboard and mouse. If I'm playing on my plasma, however, I'll use a 360 pad.

It's kind of a give or take. The mouse provides finer aiming but the analog stick provides smoother movement (while walking/running).

OrigiNull

I've found that I use the powers much more effectively while using the controller and have a better sense of where I am with my movement. Also I aim totally different while using the controller as I lock in a vertical point and then strafe to line up the shots. When I use keyboard and mouse, I find myself standing still dialing in shots more often.

I wish there was some middle ground that would give me the best of both worlds but not sure what that would be.

DieH@rd

Banned
With keyb/mouse i am free as a bird, constantly on the move and conststantly shooting.

But, that will be true for everyone who knows how to play Q3. :)

Spazznid

After very many tests, I find that I'm a bit better with M/KB on multiplayer, but I enjoy it more with a controller. I still kill the homies, but meh.

As for SP, that will be m/kb only. ONLY.

Top Bottom