• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CTF Is the worst fing mode in FPS

I hate this fucking mode in any FPS. I find it very frustrating when your team doesn't know what to do and it gets no fun in a hurry. Please delete CTF mode in all multiplayer games.

M3wThr33

Banned
Thank you for your valued input. We will take this into consideration in our next game. Unfortunately in previous years we based features off of the count of people playing them. With that method, "Capture The Flag" was rated incredibly high. Instead we have now switched to a process where one complaint will have said feature removed.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Whatever. Capture the Flag fucking rocks. Play with people who realize that it's a team oriented game and not free for all

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Just don't choose it. WTF is the point of this thread?

Oh yeah. RE and DKC suck. Good. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's damn satisfying when you're driving a warthog to pick up the flag carrier and the thing is about to explode, then have a banshee/ghost/warthog in pursuit while your gunner is trying to kill them off. Fun stuff...

BUT NOPE, CAPTURE THE FLAG SUCKS! DELETE IT ALL!

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
Your problem isn't CTF. Your problem is playing games online with people you don't know, i.e. idiots.

SyNapSe

MarkRyan said:
Your problem isn't CTF. Your problem is playing games online with people you don't know, i.e. idiots.

Exactly, CTF is one of the most satisfying game modes out there. When played properly. It requires individual skill + team coordination/strategy. Games like CS and CoD's (S&D) are basically playing a half ass version. Where it's a team based game, but just in case most of your team are idiots or have no abilitiy to communicate just killling the whole other team or waiting out the timer will win.

rastex

Banned
Ya, just play CTF with GAF people it's ridiculously fun. Wario64 is pretty damn good though. But op1vy is the best player I've seen so far, that guy just cleans up. ArcadeStickMonk is really good as well.

On a related unrelated anybody have some good strategies for classic CTF on coagulation? The past 2 times I've played on that the games lasted 2 and 1 hours respectively. When you have 4 guys in the base doing flag D it's pretty much impossible to take the flag. In the game we just had we had 5 guys miraculously come together and somehow got the flag out of the base, and ran it back, but it took FOREVER to even get that far.

I've been trying to come up with strategies, but every time we try them we just get rocked. And I know from playing defense that it's really easy to cover the flag and just destroy anybody that comes in the base.

Kuroyume

Banned
I disagree because I don't like the single player deathmatch garbage (no strategy and just not as fun) but I get crazy when my team doesn't work right. To be fair I haven't fixed my mic, but today in Halo 2 I had a teamate drive of with a warthog leaving two others of us behind. How stupid can you be? I also drove a guy to the other base and I stole the flag. When I got out and into the passanger seat the idiot remained in the back shooting at the flying vehicles. I wanted to pull my hair out because I couldn't tell the moron to quit f'ing around and take the wheel.... we both ended up dead.

Vlad

One thing I never liked about CTF is that once a flag carrier gets beyond the general area of the other team, it's next to impossible to catch up with them. Practically every game with a CTF variant I've played has made it so that there's no handicap to being a flag carrier, so all they have to do is get away from where the defenders are spawning and they're in the clear.

The only game that I've played that made things trickier for the flag carrier has been Treadmarks (one of those absolutely awesome games that nobody gave a chance). When you got the flag, you ended up with something like a 20% reduction in your max speed, giving the defenders a bit more of a chance to catch up and retake the flag.

Personally, I've come to prefer game modes like BF1942's Conquest and UT2k4's Onslaught to strict CTF gametypes.

SyNapSe said:
Exactly, CTF is one of the most satisfying game modes out there. When played properly. It requires individual skill + team coordination/strategy. Games like CS and CoD's (S&D) are basically playing a half ass version. Where it's a team based game, but just in case most of your team are idiots or have no abilitiy to communicate just killling the whole other team or waiting out the timer will win.

The opinion of someone who has never played a serious CS game.

CTF with GAF members rocks, but I usually just give support (take down vehicles with rocket launchers, and my crazy snipering magic) which makes a difference in matches as not everyone can rush for the flag. Its when teams break up into smaller units and excell at their jobs that CTF is fun, if everyone playes as an individual the mode sucks ass and everyone is left scratching their heads wondering why we aren't playing TS.

Vlad said:
One thing I never liked about CTF is that once a flag carrier gets beyond the general area of the other team, it's next to impossible to catch up with them. Practically every game with a CTF variant I've played has made it so that there's no handicap to being a flag carrier, so all they have to do is get away from where the defenders are spawning and they're in the clear.

The only game that I've played that made things trickier for the flag carrier has been Treadmarks (one of those absolutely awesome games that nobody gave a chance). When you got the flag, you ended up with something like a 20% reduction in your max speed, giving the defenders a bit more of a chance to catch up and retake the flag.

Personally, I've come to prefer game modes like BF1942's Conquest and UT2k4's Onslaught to strict CTF gametypes.

There's a handicap in Halo 2. The flag carrier runs slower and can't drive vehicles...balances things nicely (as the opposing team can use vehicles to assist them in catching the guy with the flag).

Pedigree Chum said:
There's a handicap in Halo 2. The flag carrier runs slower and can't drive vehicles...balances things nicely (as the opposing team can use vehicles to assist them in catching the guy with the flag).

Also you can't shoot. That's a pretty big disadvantage. Though the flag/bomb is a pretty decent weapon.

Cubsfan23 said:
Nothing has topped UT CTF, and nothing ever will.
UT2K4 Onslaught. IMO, Onslaught is a better gametype than anything in Halo 2, but Halo 2's weapon system and mechanics make it much more satisfying to play.

Took me a damn long time to get fully online, so I'm not tired of capturing flags yet, but it's a shame that modes like Assualt and Onslaught were overlooked in Halo 2.

ArcadeStickMonk said:
UT2K4 Onslaught. IMO, Onslaught is a better gametype than anything in Halo 2, but Halo 2's weapon system and mechanics make it much more satisfying to play.

Took me a damn long time to get fully online, so I'm not tired of capturing flags yet, but it's a shame that modes like Assualt and Onslaught were overlooked in Halo 2.

Territories is Kinda like onslaught

SyNapSe said:
Would you mind qualifying? I'm not sure exactly what your complaint is.

What I meant was, if your complaint about CS is it becomes a fragfest, you've never played a serious competitive game of it. A 5 v 5 scrim or match with 4 guys you work well with, vs a team of equal caliber can be a beautiful thing. And relatively easy to set up.

Sean

Banned
CTF is my favorite mode in FPS because it requires teamwork to win. I don't care for deathmatch modes too much.

lexi

Banned
map.CTF-Face.png
> *

Top Bottom