• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

andycapps

IMO its the top 10 teams in all time wins, that shows consistent success, or especially good success at one time

That definitely seems to be one side of it. Some of the stuff I've seen from media outlets combines wins with how they're doing now. Doesn't make sense to me to keep Minnesota as a blue blood for stuff they did in the 1930's.

Yeah let's get back to the topic at hand. The winner of OSU/Michigan being the team to lose against a much superior Bama team in the playoffs.
On paper yeah. Will be interesting to see what Hurts does this week and next week when they'll seemingly stack the box and force him to throw.

KodaRuss

When Stoops took over at OU those first few years he was beating the rest of the Big 12 by some big numbers. I think Herman is going to be doing that at UT. He'll be able to recruit defense and have the first decent defense the Big 12 has seen in 8 years

We can only hope. I had a lot of hope for Strong but the team just never showed good progress. 1 step forward 3 steps back it felt each season.

I think we're getting into offseason CFB talk here. I'd be interested in everyone's definition of a blue blood in CFB. Maybe that's a good podcast question.

I'll tie it back into in-season discussion.

Are the soon-to-be B1G East champion Penn State Nittney Lions blue bloods?

Nah, fuck Herman for that. He's not worth that at this point in his career.

What are people like Urban/Saban/Harbaugh getting right about now?

Herman is clearly good for what he did at UH last year. But he had some WTF moments this year. And for all the talk about playoffs, I'd think that if UH took care of business, they'd be right in the playoff hunt too.

Gurrry

Yeah pretty ridiculous

50% of the reason Strong was fired is because Herman was such a lock and only a few hours away from UT.

The other 50% was because Strong was easily the worst coach in Texas history. You cant lose to Kansas and stay in Austin. Especially if youre making 5 million dollars a year.

Gurrry

Herman going to light up the big 12 for a few years and take over for Urban when he retires.

#hottake

As a Longhorn guy, I hope youre right. Sounds like you have a lot more confidence in him than I do.

I worry that the losses to Army, SMU and Memphis say more about him than his wins.

I guess all we can do now is wait and see. He is inheriting a very young team that has shown bright spots throughout the year. I hope hes the guy that can get them all on track and actually win games.

My dream guy to get was Chip Kelly, but having to wait around for him to get fired wouldve taken too long. Herman has to get here and get recruiting ASAP.

HeySeuss

As a Longhorn guy, I hope youre right. Sounds like you have a lot more confidence in him than I do.

I worry that the losses to Army, SMU and Memphis say more about him than his wins.

I guess all we can do now is wait and see. He is inheriting a very young team that has shown bright spots throughout the year. I hope hes the guy that can get them all on track and actually win games.

Yeah but he's doing what he's doing in Houston with a limited talent pool so he was bound to lose some games that are less than sexy. Once he has access to big time recruits he will do very well.

RBR gets it right. You have to put your stick jn the ground and go with the beat choice. Herman is a better coach than Ed. Period. They shouldn't have balked at the money and they should've used it as a fund raising moment to get enough to keep Aranda. They better hope Coach O's plan plays out.

Also they followed it up with this which I believe too;

The follow-up makes no sense because we know they are already paying Aranda big and giving him another raise. They will pay for guys, they just don't want to commit $6M to one guy especially when, for all he did at UH, he's still relatively unproven.

Yeah but he's doing what he's doing in Houston with a limited talent pool so he was bound to lose some games that are less than sexy. Once he has access to big time recruits he will do very well.

You would think that, and it's a logical conclusion to come to, but people said the same thing about Strong when he was at Louisville. Not saying it'll end up the same, but it's far from a sure thing.

Quake1028

Bluebloods
Alabama
Michigan
OSUn
Tennessee
USCw
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Texas
Oklahoma

Newbloods
Miami
LSU
Gata
FSU
Georgia
Clemson

These are all just my opinion and could be totally wrong. No idea to put someone like Penn State.

Gurrry

Sounds like exactly what I said when we hired Charlie.

Even though I agree with you, ive been kicked into the dirt for the past 5-6 years now as a Texas fan.

Shit, even if we somehow hired Saban id still have no hope. Someone just needs to come here and win, damnit.

Please, someone save us.

Top Bottom