• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

just moved to the outskirts of columbus, debating if i should make it down around campus and dick around drinking and watching the game somewhere around there just to see the atmosphere for once, hmm

Congratulations LSU, you just entered the "carousel" phase of firing a perfectly good head coach.

lol, the reports are that they didn't even meet with Herman. That was supposed to happen today. Seriously, wtf LSU?

squicken

I have no idea what to think. Seems like the same guys who said Herman was going to lsu are now saying he is going to Texas. Good hire by UT if that is the case

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Good job Joe Alleva, LSU will be shit for years. Time to fire his incompetent ass. Unfuckingbelievable.

Now watch Herman take Aranda with him to Texas. Fuck.

tebunker

Banned
Finebaum says he thinks that Kiffin will be Orgeron's OC.

Right but there is no evidence behind it.

Regardless though, I think this was the whole point of bringing Sark in. Kiffin was moving on eventually, and Sark is given a chance to get his head on straight.

I still can't believe that Kiffin will go to LSU instead of HC somewhere else or staying OC at a much better program that helps him get better than LSU ever will.

Slo

The only reason I can think of is if he thinks that Duck Dynasty motherfucker who's HC now is a lame duck.

Right but there is no evidence behind it.

Regardless though, I think this was the whole point of bringing Sark in. Kiffin was moving on eventually, and Sark is given a chance to get his head on straight.

I still can't believe that Kiffin will go to LSU instead of HC somewhere else or staying OC at a much better program that helps him get better than LSU ever will.

Why the hell would Lane leave Bama and go to LSU..

That makes absolutely no sense..

He and Coach O are incredibly close friends. If he thought he could help solidify Coach O's job next year while also proving his continued success somewhere other than under Saban, he might do it. Or at least, that's the logic being reported.

Really though, if he can make a great offense out of LSU, he deserves a HC job.

The only reason I can think of is if he thinks that Duck Dynasty motherfucker who's HC now is a lame duck.
Then why not just wait for Ed to get fired? Leaving Bama for an objectively harder job in Baton Rouge?

He and Coach O are incredibly close friends. If he thought he could help solidify Coach O's job next year while also proving his continued success somewhere other than under Saban, he might do it. Or at least, that's the logic being reported.

Really though, if he can make a great offense out of LSU, he deserves a HC job.
But that's a gamble.. shit an unnecessary one.. Kirby has shown that you can get a job waiting at Bama

squicken

I can see LSU feeling jilted but why put on the show that they always wanted Ogeron all along? I mean who really knows but I don't see how they think he is some upgrade on Les

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Orgeron's plan is to bring Kiffen, but that shit ain't happening. We'll be stuck with some shit-tier OC like Ensminger. Kiffen isn't leaving Alabama for this shit show.

Orgeron's plan is to bring Kiffen, but that shit ain't happening. We'll be stuck with some shit-tier OC like Ensminger. Kiffen isn't leaving Alabama for this shit show.

No one ever said Kiffin was smart though so like O has that in his favor.

jjasper

There is really no smart reason for Kiffin to leave Bama. He would be smart to just the the OC there till he gets the right job offer. Dude has worked hard to rebuild his image both character and coaching wise and going to LSU is just going to fuck it all up. Him and O are a disaster full of NCAA violations waiting to happen.

Edit: Anyway this is why you don't fire someone 3 games into the season.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Good job Joe Alleva, LSU will be shit for years. Time to fire his incompetent ass. Unfuckingbelievable.

Now watch Herman take Aranda with him to Texas. Fuck.

Now you see why NOBODY at Duke misses Alleva. Technically this is Coach K's fault. Alleva was K's racquetball buddy when K pushed him for the AD job. If Alleva doesn't get the Duke AD job, then LSU can't hire him away sooooo......

I still don't know what LSU saw in him. I know Duke is not a football school but the program was a complete joke under his watch. If you can't manage the meager football expectations at Duke, you sure as hell don't need the keys to LSU athletics.

Slo

Then why not just wait for Ed to get fired? Leaving Bama for an objectively harder job in Baton Rouge?

Look, I'm making up somebody else's reasoning here. Hell if I know.

I guess he could be thinking that him being the crown prince OC would make him a more qualified candidate when that happens than if the job were wide open to applicants.

LSU will announce @Coach_EdOrgeron HFC at noon - sources telling me Lane Kiffin tied to the deal as OC. Presser at noon @1045espn

"Tied to the deal"

Whatever that means

There is really no smart reason for Kiffin to leave Bama. He would be smart to just the the OC there till he gets the right job offer. Dude has worked hard to rebuild his image both character and coaching wise and going to LSU is just going to fuck it all up. Him and O are a disaster full of NCAA violations waiting to happen.

Edit: Anyway this is why you don't fire someone 3 games into the season.

That's the problem though. He, reportedly, isn't getting any HC offers even with his success. Most people making decisions seem to be discrediting his success because he works for Saban.

HeySeuss

They were begging officers to work in the Shoe today and I could've been working at the goal line on the field with my buddies.

But I'd rather watch it from my couch with a beer.

tebunker

Banned
"Tied to the deal"

Whatever that means

It means he thinks he can pull Kiffy. Outside of Kiffin being miserable though? Less money, worse talent, less exposure etc.

We'll see. None of us can know Kiffins personal feelings, but me, I wouldn't want to cross Saban. He is Lane's best chance of getting a HC job in the long run. Hard to argue withh being with a friend though.

I just dont see coach O lasting more than 3 years tops. Saban will gladly stick around that much longer to wreck them.

Also how the hell is LSU going to pay both Lane and Aranda?

Top Bottom