• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

LJ11

Harson, how is Harbs choking when he's over performing. How many recruiting classes? This is year 2 and he went 10-2. Huge choker! He can't make decisions for his QB. If the D wraps up the ball carrier on 3rd down they may end up with the W. Stay salty.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Won't happen but would be funny as fuck if somehow the committee just gave everyone LuLz for Xmas and put in Western Michigan as the 4th.

tebunker

Banned
Pettway is a stud for Auburn, will give that dude his due. Gus is a fool letting JJ throw though. He should just be running it four downs. Screw punting. Run the wheels off his bus. What's he got to lose?

C'mon Michigan State, I don't like that OSU beat us, but I'd rather see them rep the East than a team that shouldn't even still be playing football.

Fuck it, I hope MSU wins and Wisconsin clowns OSU. Unless of course OSU pays the B1G championship refs as much as they blatantly homered for them today.

Harson, how is Harbs choking when he's over performing. How many recruiting classes? This is year 2 and he went 10-2. Huge choker! He can't make decisions for his QB. If the D wraps up the ball carrier on 3rd down they may end up with the W. Stay salty.

I don't really think you can say Harbs choked when he turned a scrub QB in Wilton Speights into a serviceable starter and then coached an injured Speights within a play of beating the #2 team in the nation on the road.

I mean yeah Harbs called some dumb plays in the third and fourth, but how many other coaches get a team with an injured and mediocre Wilton Speights that close?

Absolutely yes if it's Wisconsin. The head-to-head was close enough that a conference championship should be a deciding factor if the committee puts as much weight in it as they've claimed in the past.

Sure if LSU didn't turn out to be shit. The win over Oklahoma will be the difference and no offense going to Camp Randall and winning when Wiscy comes off a bye is huge no matter the score. So yes they are in over Wiscy or at least both of them.

ryseing

They could, but then you risk leaving out the Pac-12 champion, which is also bad.

At the end of the day, I don't think Ohio State should be rewarded for losing and not having to play an extra game against a top team.

Committee views CC as a tiebreaker, not as a main resume point.

tOSU has a substantially better resume than either Wisconsin/PSU, so the tiebreaker wouldn't be needed.

LJ11

I don't really think you can say Harbs choked when he turned a scrub QB in Wilton Speights into a serviceable starter and then coached an injured Speights within a play of beating the #2 team in the nation on the road.

I mean yeah Harbs called some dumb plays in the third and fourth, but how many other coaches get a team with an injured and mediocre Wilton Speights that close?
Agreed, I need him in Buffalo.

Yes, we certainly gave that game away with the free 14 points. Oh well. Gotta play better if you want to win The Game. That's all there is to be said about it. Defense really only gave up 3 points. BUT the defensive penalties late cost them as much as anything else. The late game pass interference in particular.

The one where the receiver had no chance to catch the ball?

tebunker

Banned
I hate Gary Danielson. Period. Always. He would be so much better if he spoke in less absolutes. He could be good, but damn the absolutes are dumb. Right or not.

Losing Brown sucks. Good thing Auburn can't pass.

Sure if LSU didn't turn out to be shit. The win over Oklahoma will be the difference and no offense going to Camp Randall and winning when Wiscy comes off a bye is huge no matter the score. So yes they are in over Wiscy or at least both of them.

LSU's only bad loss is Florida. There other three are to Wisconsin and Auburn and Bama, who are all top 10-15. LSU is a good win for them.

The game was over if speight didn't hurt his arm this game isn't even close.

LSU's only bad loss is Florida. There other three are to Wisconsin and Auburn and Bama, who are all top 10-15. LSU is a good win for them.

Sure I guess saying shit was not the correct term however Oklahoma is at this point a far greater win than LSU especially if they beat Okie State. If Wiscy wins the Big 10 they aren't keeping out a team that beat two Conf. Champs and the number 3 team. Regardless they won't beat Bama anyway.

I just think it's shitty that teams like Washington, Clemson, and even Bama have to go out next weekend and put their playoff chances on the line while Ohio State just gets to sit home and get a pass because they blew the right game.

Agreed, I need him in Buffalo.

I think the one mistake they were making was asking Speights to throw downfield in the second half. I know they weren't a great screen team this season but it was working for them today. If they stick to the script of run, play action, screen I think they win.

tebunker

Banned
I just think it's shitty that teams like Washington, Clemson, and even Bama have to go out next weekend and put their playoff chances on the line while Ohio State just gets to sit home and get a pass because they blew the right game.

Dude you're assuming PSU is gonna win. They look horrible right now. And in a neutral field rematch I will take Wiscy over anOSU next week. One team is playing much better and one isn't.

Yup. Bye week and back into the playoffs. The ratings they'll draw though...

Top Bottom