• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Can we rock the boat and start a movement to get Western Michigan in the top 4? LoL

bmb-2016-04-16-wmufootballspringgame-572-4b2ce7912ea14b67.jpg

cdyhybrid

I just think it's shitty that teams like Washington, Clemson, and even Bama have to go out next weekend and put their playoff chances on the line while Ohio State just gets to sit home and get a pass because they blew the right game.

Could figure it all out on the field if they went to an expanded playoff /shrug

Sulik2

Ohio State solved Michigan's defense half way through the fourth quarter and Michigan's offense couldn't capitalize on too many good scoring opportunities. Sloppy badly officiated game, but entertaining.

nah man that wasn't him, that was total miscommunication plus a great layout by awbren.

I'm not super nervous yet but if their offense starts to click they're deadly.

Also I'm in this weird space where I want Jeremy Johnson to do well since the entire town crapped on him but also I want to hammer him into submission.

I still think Michigan should get in.

They were in all year from week one and yet lose one game and are now out

Kinda ridiculous if we want a playoff based on the best teams getting in.

Mrbob

I don't like the vibe of this game right now. Feels like Wisconsin felt like they could just show up and win without effort.

I still think Michigan should get in.

They were in all year from week one and yet lose one game and are now out

Kinda ridiculous if we want a playoff based on the best teams getting in.

Yeah it's why I want more than four. If eight too many what about six. Top two teams get a first round bye.

Sparty making Penn State look weak af right now. Seriously, these important games really show just how good Sparty's players are, but are letdown by bad QBs and bad coaching.

Velcro Fly

Four is fine. The Iowa loss is hideous. If they were 11-1 and going to the B1G title game they'd be in with a win. They have some great wins (Colorado, Wisconsin, Penn St.) but that Iowa loss is what separates them. You just can't have that loss.

You put any more than four and the games this weekend are meaningless. It basically is for Alabama anyway since with a loss today they probably still get in with a win next week. You'd have a scenario where almost regardless of outcome three B1G teams are in and only Wisconsin and Penn St. would be must win to get in. Clemson could lose but win next week and be in. Four prevents that. Four is fine. Any more than that you risk a team that has two losses basically stealing the season away from a team that has played amazing football all year.

My man the Peppers int is all on you talking that shit all season lol

I said on the pod that there's no way he doesn't get one due to me lol. We just letting him feel good about himself.

But real talk, I would be embarrassed to have harbaugh as my coach. Dude is a grown ass man and acts 13

HeySeuss

I said on the pod that there's no way he doesn't get one due to me lol. We just letting him feel good about himself.

But real talk, I would be embarrassed to have harbaugh as my coach. Dude is a grown ass man and acts 13

Yeah that was cringeworthy. Throwing an absolute tantrum like that.

I've always said 6 is the best number because it allows you to put in all the conference champions and one at-large team.

I've always scratched my head as to why the talk always goes from 4 teams right to 8 and a 6 team playoff isn't even discussed. It makes more sense.

Miggytronz

So someone break down all the scenarios in the BIG10 now?!

If Michigan State wins Ohio State goes to BIG10 Championship vs Wisconsin.

If Penn State wins they go to the BIG10 Championship vs Wisconsin.

......onto BIG10 Championship

If Wisconsin beats Ohio State in Championship they go...........

If Pen State beats Wisconsin in Championship they go...........

Kevtones

So:

Penn State loses
Wisky Loses
Wisky beats OSU

Utah beats Colorado
USC beats Washington

Clemson loses in the ACC title game

Alabama loses to Auburn
Alabama loses to Florida

LOL

Velcro Fly

Feel like Ohio St. is in and if they have to play next week the winner of that is going to be in.

If the title game is Wisconsin vs. Penn St. I feel like the winner of that gets the Rose Bowl and the loser gets something behind Michigan in the pecking order. But anything can happen.

I wouldn't be sure about Penn State. I could see a scenario where they win the Big Ten and still don't get in. Don't agree with it, but I could see it.

Mrbob

Only scenario I can think of is the irony of Ohio state rooting for Penn St to win because not playing next week guarantees them a spot in the cfb.

Feel like Ohio St. is in and if they have to play next week the winner of that is going to be in.

If the title game is Wisconsin vs. Penn St. I feel like the winner of that gets the Rose Bowl and the loser gets something behind Michigan in the pecking order. But anything can happen.

B1G champ is in the CFP, no doubt.

Top Bottom