• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

Gobias

Banned
I was too busy hugging strangers and drinking from a strangers flask to notice the refs so Imma assume JT got the first down

Slurmer

Banned
The officiating wasn't even close to being even, he has every right to bitch about the refs as they were one sided and terrible

Grown man throwing temper tantrums on the field during the game that cost his team is now throwing more temper tantrums after the game. Being passionate is one thing but being a man-child is another.

BajiBoxer

Banned
The officiating wasn't even close to being even, he has every right to bitch about the refs as they were one sided and terrible
Best officiated game of the year.

Lol, ESPN showing Peppers punching a fan and Harbaugh whining about an evenly called game. Beautiful.

That missed armbar PI was way worse than the spot.

Yeah it was bad a no call at the beginning of the game also I even tweeted it like damn I felt bad for UM on that one. The spot though I thought was fine rewatching it a million times it was way too close to overturn. They should have measured but not sure what the rule is about it.

Best officiated game of the year.

Lol, showing Peppers punching a fan and Harbaugh whining about an evenly called game. Beautiful.

Even if you weren't wrong about that - it's College Football. That's not saying much. That wasn't really "evenly called". Especially after a really shit non-call.

jfkgoblue

Grown man throwing temper tantrums on the field during the game that cost his team is now throwing more temper tantrums after the game. Being passionate is one thing but being a man-child is another.
I don't blame the refs often, but this game was utter horse shit

Ohio State was the 4th ranked team in the country, not the 5th or anything under. Seriously, that's a horrible point to bring up lmao

Rankings don't mean shit though, it's pretty painfully obvious to see what teams are the best teams just by watching.

OSU, Michigan, Bammers and Washington are the best teams.

Iowa isn't middling, Kirk Ferentz has literally made his job entirely around being good enough to beat a ranked team or two every year.

Why though? Beating 3 top 10 teams and a loss on a blocked FG on the road to another? I mean what is a catch right?

I just can't forgive the fact that they'll sit at home next week while every other top team has to play a tough opponent. They should not get in over any of the conference champions, especially not their own. It's not the committee's fault that tOSU blew the one game that keeps them out of the conference title game.

If we're gonna out importance onto winning the conference, then keeping out the team that does win it if OSU doesn't even go to the game is kinda ridiculous. Tbh.

Rankings don't mean shit though, it's pretty painfully obvious to see what teams are the best teams just by watching.

OSU, Michigan, Bammers and Washington are the best teams.

Iowa isn't middling, Kirk Ferentz has literally made his job entirely around being good enough to beat a ranked team or two every year.

You're drunk if you think a 1 loss ACC champion Clemson is out instead of Michigan.

We play football games for a reason. Michigan lost today. That happened. It was their second loss of the season and there are enough 1 loss teams with shots at conference titles to exclude them from the discussion. They're out. Quit being weird about it.

Gobias

Banned
Penn State and Wisconsin are currently losing. Let's get the Ohio State-Nebraska rematch we've all been waiting for.

e- wait nevermind Wisconsin would still be in

Velcro Fly

So is beating a maybe 3 loss Wisconsin in a nothing to gain and everything to lose scenario that important? They just got lucky. They didn't rig this on purpose. And State Penn could easily still lose too. Being punished for something not of their own making is foolish when their resume says they are good enough to be in.

Putting a 2 loss Wisconsin in over them when they beat Wisconsin in the regular season is laughable too.

Just eliminate divisions and have one table and the top two play at the end of the season.

I just can't forgive the fact that they'll sit at home next week while every other top team has to play a tough opponent. They should not get in over any of the conference champions, especially not their own. It's not the committee's fault that tOSU blew the one game that keeps them out of the conference title game.

While if Penn St wins the Big10 I agree they lost to them they shouldn't go ahead. In the case of Wisconsin they should they beat them and play in a much tougher division. Other conferences as long as it's Bama and Clemson then yes. If OU wins the B12 again no they lost to them and that one wasn't close so it comes down to Pac 12. Washington? Yeah keep OSU out anyone else? Hell no.

Slurmer

Banned

I'm an OSU fan and honestly, if things break in a way that we don't make it in, I will understand it. I think they deserve to be in, but if PSU wins the conference and takes the last spot over us, I dont think we have too much to be mad about.

Right now, I'm just happy that Michigan has to keep holding that L for another year.

So is beating a maybe 3 loss Wisconsin in a nothing to gain and everything to lose scenario that important? They just got lucky. They didn't rig this on purpose. And State Penn could easily still lose too. Being punished for something not of their own making is foolish when their resume says they are good enough to be in.

Putting a 2 loss Wisconsin in over them when they beat Wisconsin in the regular season is laughable too.

Just eliminate divisions and have one table and the top two play at the end of the season.

It absolutely, 100% is. Every other team in the top four (Bama, Clemson, and Washington) has to go out next week and play relatively tough opponents. They have to risk fluke upsets. They have to risk injuries. They have to earn it.

Ohio State should not be rewarded for sitting out of a potentially tough game.

Velcro Fly

The problem again is the polls.

There is no way around it.

You have 5 power conferences and 4 spots.

Tie the committees hands and make them take the 4 best conference champions.

We probably have LSU winning another title on the heels of the 9-6 win over Alabama that one year instead of the 21-0 whipping Alabama put on them in the title game.

We're essentially saying that we no longer want the 4 best teams regardless of scenario, we only want conference champions.

tebunker

Banned

We probably have LSU winning another title on the heels of the 9-6 win over Alabama that one year instead of the 21-0 whipping Alabama put on them in the title game.

We're essentially saying that we no longer want the 4 best teams regardless of scenario, we only want conference champions.

For all the hate the BCS got it generally had the teo best teams. There are exceptions and the Comittee should use something similar outside of gut feel.

We can't make conference championship games meaningless. Then what's the point of playing them?

For all the hate the BCS got it generally had the teo best teams. There are exceptions and the Comittee should use something similar outside of gut feel.

I think the issue was mainly that sometimes that there were more than two teams that could make a case for the post season. Then the BCS had questionable methodology with the computers and crap. Just feels weird that computers dictate who is good or not.

Not that the CFP committee is much better because they do not appear to keep a consistent set of metrics to judge teams on.

Bottom line it is very tough to balance this many teams with so few spots without adding a bunch of weeks to the season.

I think it's time to do away with divisions. Just make teams play (9) conference games on a rotating schedule that allows every player to visit every other conference team's stadiums. Have the two best teams play each other at the end for the conference title.

Or eliminate the conference title game, switch to an 8 team playoff, and name conference titles based off records. In the event of ties between two teams that haven't played, name co-champions and put them both in. There might be years that multiple conferences have co-champs, which would mean there aren't enough spots, but thems the breaks. Use strength of schedule and eye test to determine the spots and move on. The system will never be perfect (unless we make the Power 5 the Power 4).

bachikarn

On what planet was that Michigan team we just watched not one of the best in the country?

This reminds me of the end of 2006 when everyone thought clearly OSU and Michigan were the best two teams in the country. Of course OSU got blown out by UF in the MNC and Michigan got blown out by USC in the Rose Bowl. Stop relying so heavily on the 'eyes test.'

Top Bottom