• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

You all are probably sick of hearing it but sheesh.

Auburn was averaging near 300 yatds rushing a game. Alabama held them to 66.

On top of that Auburn had a halfway decent D and Alabama hung a ton on them.

We can joke and laugh, but honestly in all sobriety the only thin beating this team is themselves or a ridiculously hot QB hitting every stupid throw. As the last five years have shown us.

I am not confident that any of the potential playoff teams, or UF for that matter, have a QB, outside of Watson who has looked human as hell this year compared to last, and sure as hell none of them have a running game.

I'd say anOsu looks to be the most rounded team but I would legitimately take Bama's front four 99/100 there.

Yall are gonna be sick of it; Sick of Bama; Sick of Bama fans, but I am serious in that this may be the best overall defense Saban has fielded. It is built to handle almost any type of Offense.

I am ready for the darn playoffs. I honestly don't think UF will break 10 if Awwwwwbren needed 2 turnovers and a killer punt return to hit 12.

Looking at the rest of CFB I see a mess. Not sure next week is gonna clear it up any better. Clemson could lose to VT. We will be screaming about the winner of PSU/Wiscy.

OKs and OU can make arguements. I mean legitimately I can see anOSU getting in.

I think UW is in if they win the ccg. Hoping the Buffs hold serve tonight and we get that matchup.

Man I am stoked right now...

They may cry. They may kick and scream. They may claim SEC bias. But #17 is coming. Roll Tide.

Nice bounceback from last week. Still disappointing to shit the bed like that against the Sooners, but still a chance for a 10 win season if we can beat Baylor in Morgantown next weekend. Please no more turnovers.

iQRwB.jpg

So what are people's top 4 minus Bama obviously if Clemson wins out....Wiscy wins Big 10 Oklahoma wins Big 12 and USC wins Pac 12?

I'm assuming it's gonna be Bama, Clemson, OSU, and Penn State.

I think Washington loses the Pac-12 title game. If they win, Penn State is going to be very very upset…maybe.

Jesus, this is messy.

Edit: Totally missed your hypothetical lol I'd have Bama, OSU, Clemson, OU. Leaving Wisky out is easy considering they lost to OSU.

So what are people's top 4 minus Bama obviously if Clemson wins out....Wiscy wins Big 10 Oklahoma wins Big 12 and USC wins Pac 12?

If USC wins the PAC and Wisky wins the BIG

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Wisky
First two out
Michigan and Oklahoma

If Penn State wins and USC wins
Bama
Clemson
Penn State
Oklahoma

First two out
Ohio State and Michigan

If Wisky wins and Washington wins
Bama
Clemson
Washington
Wisky
First two out
Ohio State and Michigan

Baylor is turning its sights on Larry Fedora. Apparently they are angry that Morris had the audacity to demand an out clause (rumors are that it's if the A&M job opens up) so talks have soured.

I'm being honest here.

I don't think Baylor is a better job than UNC, if we're comparing them.

squicken

Baylor is turning its sights on Larry Fedora. Apparently they are angry that Morris had the audacity to demand an out clause (rumors are that it's if the A&M job opens up) so talks have soured.

I'm being honest here.

I don't think Baylor is a better job than UNC, if we're comparing them.

A&M is Fedora's dream job. He wanted to go there when they chose Sumlin, and there we some in the administration that thought they were too eager when they hired Sumlin. It's strange. Everyone knows Sumlin won't survive beyond 2017 but they won't fire him

A&M is Fedora's dream job. He wanted to go there when they chose Sumlin, and there we some in the administration that thought they were too eager when they hired Sumlin. It's strange. Everyone knows Sumlin won't survive beyond 2017 but they won't fire him

Yeah the fact that your money guys are the exact opposite of ours and want to keep Sumlin when we'd have tossed his drunk ass years ago is certainly odd.

I don't get how he's still got a job after the choke this year but hey I guess I don't get paid millions to make those calls.

Also in the Pac-12, UCLA is being shut out at the half vs Cal. UCLA has almost their season average in rushing yards (74 vs 87) but Mike Faufal is 2-11 passing. Cal allows the 2nd most rushing yards per game in the NCAA.

Utah just went for it on 4th and 1 in their own territory and got stuffed. Colorado takes over.

mjp2417

Banned

Bama and tOSU are already in. If Clemson and Washington win out then they stay at 3 and 4. If either loses then the Big 10 winner gets 4. If Clemson and Washington both lose then the Big 10 probably should get 3 teams (Bama, tOSU, Big 10 winner, Michigan).

Need to get Cheeto on Fox. Thank you for the updates. I'm not currently home to watch the Gatas lose

I'm flipping between Colorado Utah and the Floridas. I have a tab open to the ESPN box score for UCLA/Cal.

Colorado just dropped an easy TD.

Matt Hinton ‏@MattRHinton 26s26 seconds ago
I like the idea of Fleck rowing his boat to Oregon. Another thought: Is it too soon for the Ducks to make a call to Scott Frost?

Interesting choices. Not who Ducks fans have in mind.

squicken

Yeah the fact that your money guys are the exact opposite of ours and want to keep Sumlin when we'd have tossed his drunk ass years ago is certainly odd.

I don't get how he's still got a job after the choke this year but hey I guess I don't get paid millions to make those calls.

They spent about $500m on facility upgrades after Manziel left, and they have one win at Kyle Field against the SECW in that period.

Agreed. Let him get UCF up and running for a couple of years first.
He certainly isn't perfect. He's made some boneheaded decisions by keeping MM in as long as he did. Holman should have got a shot earlier this game I think.

Being a fan of a smaller school like Houston or UCF has to suck. Your coach either sucks/is mediocre or gets stolen after a year or two of success.

Like I said earlier in this thread. Schools like ours are apparently good enough to produce coaches and sometimes players good enough for rich programs, but I guess we're just not good enough to compete with one of those programs on a regular basis.

Nialrot

He certainly isn't perfect. He's made some boneheaded decisions by keeping MM in as long as he did. Holman should have got a shot earlier this game I think.

Like I said earlier in this thread. Schools like ours are apparently good enough to produce coaches and sometimes players good enough for rich programs, but I guess we're just not good enough to compete with one of those programs on a regular basis.

Wasn't a big fan on how stubborn Frost was in not playing Holman in the last few games.

MM has a noodle arm.

One of the other Florida schools could be a power I think. Miami has fallen off and there's a power vacuum that a USF or UCF could fill reasonably. There's certainly not a deficit of talent in the state to use.

One of the other Florida schools could be a power I think. Miami has fallen off and there's a power vacuum that a USF or UCF could fill reasonably. There's certainly not a deficit of talent in the state to use.

I thought there was a chance Miami could be back this season. Weren't they Top 10 at one point?

I'm on PSN, I got a discount code, and I'm considering pulling the trigger on The Division (that or a few other games).

I thought there was a chance Miami could be back this season. Weren't they Top 10 at one point?

I'm on PSN, I got a discount code, and I'm considering pulling the trigger on The Division (that or a few other games).
I feel like Miami doesn't really have an identity even if they are good. They play in a pro stadium they will never sell out and they just don't have the swagger of the 90s and Big East days. They're an expensive private school that few actually have a chance at attending.

UCF and USF are just too big to be overlooked at this point.

ryseing

Get other games unless you have other people to play the Division with.

Division is fun enough solo IMO. Really liked the 1-30 leveling and apparently that survival thing that is coming is easily playable solo.

Your AD is flying to Texas tomorrow. Gary Patterson?

Patterson isn't leaving TCU.

Nobody knows how much he makes since TCU is private but apparently they can and will outbid everyone.

Oregon should row the boat.

i fucking love college football

crazy, I didn't care about football at all until I started at clemson 6 years ago. was a good time to start watching though :)

Top Bottom