• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

CMDjXTX.jpg

They could hire PJ Fleck? He seems classy and has recruited the Midwest. They have the money to hire anybody that is left that they want in all honesty. Most coaches these days are still old enough to consider Notre Dame a destination job.
Does Fleck really want to jump up that quick though to Notre Dame when we can assume better jobs are available for next year? That's my question..

I think they could get Fleck if they wanted.. but if I were Fleck, I'd think long and hard before saying yes to the Irish

Lenz44

Banned
Good for the Buffs. I'm so happy this program has turned it around and put some wins in that column. It's been a long time since a conference game/win.

jjasper

I wonder what Butch Jones's bullshit sayings will be this offense? He clearly can't use the same ones he has been using. Gonna need some new material for his 2017 funeral procession.
UT should fire Butch I think.
They should but won't. Too much turn over going on in the administration for it to happen. Hard to hire someone when he won't know his boss will be.

jjasper

That shit was indefensible you are down 10 with all your timeouts and then use a timeout and then go for it and don't get it. There is so much wrong with that sequence I don't even know where to start.

Pretty sure an FSU win here sends them to the Orange Bowl. Barring a VT win over Clemson next week, FSU will be the second highest ranked ACC team after Louisville's loss today.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Pretty sure an FSU win here sends them to the Orange Bowl. Barring a VT win over Clemson next week, FSU will be the second highest ranked ACC team after Louisville's loss today.
We might have gone to the Sugar bowl even if Louisville won.

Or at least I think I read that.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
That shit was indefensible you are down 10 with all your timeouts and then use a timeout and then go for it and don't get it. There is so much wrong with that sequence I don't even know where to start.

And to think we have another year of his bullshit with a new QB at the helm and less talent on defense.

We might not even make a bowl game next year.

http://gridironnow.com/tom-herman-lsu-coaching-job-joe-alleva/

LSU athletic director Joe Alleva, livid that Tom Herman backtracked on an oral agreement to be the next LSU coach, pulled his offer to the Houston coach late Friday night, a high-ranking source close to the search confirmed.

Herman assured the LSU brass “he wanted to compete in the best conference in the country,” the source said. The source said Herman also was turned off by the “politics” at Texas.

As first reported by HornsDigest.com, Herman and LSU had an agreement in place for him to become LSU’s coach. The source would not divulge exact terms but did concede the annual compensation was “north of five (million per year).” Papers were to be signed Saturday morning in Houston.

That changed when Armstrong called Alleva on Friday night to inform him that Herman wanted to hear out Texas; the Longhorns fell 31-9 to TCU on Friday afternoon to finish 5-7. It was then that Alleva, angered that Herman and Armstrong had reneged, pulled the offer and decided to hire Orgeron, the source said.

“It wasn’t about money,” the source said. “It wasn’t that Texas offered. It was about a gentleman’s handshake in place and you reneged.”

Seems pretty shitty all around.

Does Fleck really want to jump up that quick though to Notre Dame when we can assume better jobs are available for next year? That's my question..

I think they could get Fleck if they wanted.. but if I were Fleck, I'd think long and hard before saying yes to the Irish

What better jobs are going to conceivably open up next year? Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan and Texas are all taken now. Jimbo Fisher isn't going anywhere at FSU it appears. I guess Big Game Bob could be out at Oklahoma but that seems unlikely right now. Helton probably isn't going away from USC. I guess the Oregon of the South East Florida might open up? After that you start getting into other tier 2 programs like UCLA or Oklahoma State.

That was the Utah game, correct?

Yeah they lost on a last minute drive where they couldn't stop Utah from completing the most basic of passes. They also fumbled away a bunch of points.

Jody Demling
‏@jdemling
Louisville announces Tom Jurich Press conference for 4 pm tomorrow for "major coaching announcement."

seems like no one knows what sport this is for

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Jody Demling
‏@jdemling
Louisville announces Tom Jurich Press conference for 4 pm tomorrow for "major coaching announcement."

seems like no one knows what sport this is for
What in the...
It will be the same as virtually every Gatas game.

D holds strong for a half, collapses once the the third quarter comes around as the offense continues to do dick.
Will you guys have enough healthy players to field a defense?

Top Bottom