• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

Wasn't a big fan on how stubborn Frost was in not playing Holman in the last few games.

MM has a noodle arm.
Hopefully he can see some improvement as he goes through the full weight program this off season. He needs it. He certainly has flashes, but, he just isn't ready to run a D1 program yet.

He should have been on the bench a few times this season just to be able to observe.

cashman

Banned
Yeah the fact that your money guys are the exact opposite of ours and want to keep Sumlin when we'd have tossed his drunk ass years ago is certainly odd.

I don't get how he's still got a job after the choke this year but hey I guess I don't get paid millions to make those calls.
The buyout costs too much money for this year.

CyPHF4xWgAAiJuU.jpg

That didnt work out great for you huh Kyle?

This tweet:

‏@ScottDochterman
In 3rd AP poll this year, Texas was 11th, Michigan State 12th, Notre Dame 18th, Ole Miss 19th, Oregon 22nd. None are bowl eligible.

jjasper

Can't see where the ball comes out compared to his knee so I am sure Vandy will get it.

Edit: Vandy not getting every review go their way? Weird. That is like an SEC constant.

This tweet:

‏@ScottDochterman
In 3rd AP poll this year, Texas was 11th, Michigan State 12th, Notre Dame 18th, Ole Miss 19th, Oregon 22nd. None are bowl eligible.

I think Texas will get an offer to go to a bowl due to our APR but we'll probably decline it due to our coaching transition.

UCLA just lost to Cal

@ThePlayoffGuru
If UCLA loses to Cal, Texas clinches a bowl bid via APR. I think they'll accept, that gets Herman time to look at his new players

ryseing

Interesting. He got, what, three years?

His two post Mariota weren't exactly the greatest. I think if he beat Oregon State today he would have gotten another, especially after beating Utah, but it was not to be.

Uncle Phil getting up there in age certainly doesn't help matters.

Pat FordeVerified account
‏@YahooForde
Y sources: Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly exploring options through representatives

coaching carousel is mighty interesting this year

Kevtones

I would've argued retention had Oregon continued their uptick today. They didn't. They couldn't stop Oregon State who ran the ball 21 straight times. That's just… Wtf.

PJ Fleck
Les Miles
Charlie Strong
Chip Kelly (lol)

I would not expect Scott Frost.

Apparently it's coming Tuesday.

Where did you hear this?

Man where does Oregon go, they kinda have to go with a spread guy with their personnel, does future recruiting classes show any hope?

They're suuuuper young this year. 15 freshman on the two-deep. Coupled with a ton of injuries and a new DC/OC, close losses, it's not really that bad of a situation.

The young talent is there but the leadership is not. Recruiting class is decent but not great next year. A change of the guard may/may not help.

I understand that Oregon rarely fires coaches. But I guess there is pressure from an aging Phil Knight?

They haven't since 1976.

I would've argued retention had Oregon continued their uptick today. They didn't. They couldn't stop Oregon State who ran the ball 21 straight times. That's just… Wtf.

PJ Fleck
Les Miles
Charlie Strong
Chip Kelly (lol)

I would not expect Scott Frost

I can guarantee Scott isn't coming back to Oregon.

jjasper

Butch Jones losing to Vandy the same week he said championship of life would be the most Butch Jones thing ever (and effectively end his time at UT even if he doesn't get fired until next year)

Brian Kelly runs one of the dirtiest, losingest teams in the country, anyone hiring him would be doing Notre Dame a favor.

UCLA averaged 84 rushing yards a game.

They finished with 84 rushing yards against Cal, the second worst rush defense in division 1 football.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Vandy up on Tennessee? They might be the most Jekyll and Hyde team in the country.

And were Pitt and Syracuse do realize that they were supposed to be playing football and not basketball, right?

Interesting. He got, what, three years?

The problem is that their defense went from top 10 to bottom 5 over the course of the last 4 years. Nick Aliotti retired and Oregon decided to cheap out and promoted a line backer coach to DC for 2 years, then they demoted him and promoted Brady Hoke, who tried to convert them from a 3-4 to a 4-3 (which never works in the first year) and they had a ton of injuries and not enough depth. If Oregon's defense is even mediocre instead of disastrous they at least go to a bowl game.

Brian Kelly runs one of the dirtiest, losingest teams in the country, anyone hiring him would be doing Notre Dame a favor.

UCLA averaged 84 rushing yards a game.

They finished with 84 rushing yards against Cal, the second worst rush defense in division 1 football.
If Kelly ditches them..

1) :jnc
2) Who the hell would they go for? I don't have any idea where they would go to find his replacement?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They aren't really Jekyll and Hyde. They just suck.

They seem to consistently be playing to the level of their opponents -1. I guess that's what happens when you have a somewhat decent defense and a bad offense.

Not quite to the extremes of Boston College though, where their offense and defense are ranked a full 100 positions apart in S&P.

If Kelly ditches them..

1) :jnc
2) Who the hell would they go for? I don't have any idea where they would go to find his replacement?

They could hire PJ Fleck? He seems classy and has recruited the Midwest. They have the money to hire anybody that is left that they want in all honesty. Most coaches these days are still old enough to consider Notre Dame a destination job.

jjasper

They seem to consistently be playing to the level of their opponents -1. I guess that's what happens when you have a somewhat decent defense and a bad offense.
It's the other way around. The defense is record setting bad. Offense is ok but should probably be better.

Edit: Butch need to cash out now. He isn't going to get fired this year but it's done unless he wins the SEC next year so yeah.

Top Bottom