• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugare

KKLRfKB.jpg

Hope you're not bragging to ur real friends bud,
Bahahaha, what a pathetic little shit

MadYarpen

So, I think I'll try to use high settings @3440x1440p and see how much I will be disappointed.

I bought a new overpriced GPU for this and I am soo nervous how it performs.

Not long now.

Hold hold hold on countdown :-(

NO SCRUB! Another T- has just been set for about 18 min from now! ( or maybe 1 hour and 18 minutes ) Stupid confusing timezones! :lollipop_beaming_smiling:

EDIT : A new tentative T- has been set for 1 hour 14 min from now

STARSHIP may will still fly today! Believe!:messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

kriolo

Xsx+NZ combo here in Performance mode. Enjoying every minute of it.Looks great,amazing atmosphere a couple of non important bugs.looks like the only difference in quality vs Performance is resolution (1440p vs 1080p?)

Playing in LG oled c9 and i already want to put neon in every corner of my House. THAT HDR

Hey we need a count on three things

Time to Crate .How long it takes you in the game to find a Crate (openable)

Time to Stool. How long before you can find something you can sit on (not a car seat)

Time to Ree. How long until you encounter the Mix it up Poster.
That depends on your life-path and starting location. For nomad, first crate is in the room you start, for example.

MadYarpen

Well, according to this review:

He's playing on high/1080p/60 FPS with

I7-7700, Nvidia 1070, 16 GB Ram, no RT

If it's true we shouldn't be worried.

Ha, that's nice to see. Although you have I think 2 levels above high - ultra and psycho. So what really is high here.

If I'm able to pull off mix of high and ultra on RX6800 with UWQHD i'll be very happy!

Dr. Doak

Ha, that's nice to see. Although you have I think 2 levels above high - ultra and psycho. So what really is high here.

If I'm able to pull off mix of high and ultra on RX6800 with UWQHD i'll be very happy!
Psycho is an option for Ray Tracing (not overall settings) if I remember correctly

-Stryder-

So is anyone hyped for the sequel of Cyberpunk 2077 yet?

:messenger_smirking:

I want those DLC expansions. If you played Witcher 3 and its expansions you know how in-depth and huge those expansions will be.

The Giant Bomb guys said yesterday there are forced combat sequences like in Deus Ex. How dumb would it be to create a charismatic/tech character instead of pumping all your points into guns?

There is forced combat, but you can always choose to knock people out with your fists or via hacking. Intellegence or Body should be part of the equation if you want a charismatic build I think

Raphael

Quick notes after roughly 5 hours of play. Dialogs and atmosphere is fantastic. UI is God aweful. Graphics Vary between passable to nice to terrible on xsx depending On location.

norm9

There is forced combat, but you can always choose to knock people out with your fists or via hacking. Intellegence or Body should be part of the equation if you want a charismatic build I think
Some previous comments about bullet sponges is making me think I might even bump this game down to easy. Yeah, its blasphemous.

Yeh I don't mind as long as the person is actually going to play the game and enjoy it.

But fuck me... have a bit more tact than that. If you're going to do that and scurry back there then at least own the fact that you visit/post here.
Yeah, I completely understand that.
SoggyBiscuit SoggyBiscuit - that was mighty fine of you, to give one code away to the community. :messenger_horns:

Now, please, let's talk about the game. There is a RE thread for those who want to discuss that particular message board.
Haha, thanks for that Komatsu Komatsu sorry for the inadvertent derail 😅 Just wanted to give something back to this wonderful community.

Agreed. The game is the focus here boys and girls

What? You're halfway between a sane place to debate video games and a website filled with inane cunts who think they're superior for being on the right side of history or whatever the fuck their shtick is?
This is is getting off topic but sure:

This reaction is a pretty clear indication why I am halfway between, yes. I mean no offense to you by saying so, it's just the way it is.

I don't disagree the moderation on ResetEra is way out of line, but there's simply way more activity there and as a member of the silent majority who sticks around for that, yeah it has been worth it until this latest frenzy. Also, just straight up the UI/UX is better than GAF's on mobile at least.

The best thing about GAF in comparison is that the Politics sub-forum is off on its own separate section, way better that way.

And just to be clear, I say this with many trans friends IRL, ResetEra's bending over backwards 360° this much is a bit crazy and the massive amounts of bans for innocuous shit like "I'm looking forward to the game" is what made me shift more towards GAF again.

That's about enough of that though. Let's just talk about games like GAF is for yeah?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Some previous comments about bullet sponges is making me think I might even bump this game down to easy. Yeah, its blasphemous.

Tough call. I've heard way too much about lack of difficulty to play on "easy", but bullet sponges are no bueno either. I suppose we could level up or find a way beyond that though.

Schmitty

Trying to do my best to not play anything until release but everything else doesn’t kill time long enough. All preloaded on GOG ready to go. Hoping my 2600x and 5600xt can handle it nicely at 1080p and 60 FPS

Aye, aye.

What version are you getting, Valkyri?
Still holding onto a pre-order I made back in 2018 just before Amazon switched off their 20% off deal for Prime subscribers, so PS4 smh 😂. Glad it can upgrade to PS5 buuut frankly buying consoles at launch is basically alwayd worse than waiting it out so I'm just holding out hope the day 1 patch makes it playable on a base PS4! 😅

Some rough edges here and there like some visual glitches and the dialogue isn't all that great (I think they're going for a style I don't really care for but I'm getting used to it), but all in all I think it's great so far. Runs great on a Series X (seems to mostly be around 60 fps although there are some dips here and there), and load times are really fast from the internal drive.

MadYarpen

Tough call. I've heard way too much about lack of difficulty to play on "easy", but bullet sponges are no bueno either. I suppose we could level up or find a way beyond that though.
I think it will be always like that. Player's skill vs character's skill. Or maybe making the character miss most shots when on low level would be the way to go? Mass Effect 1 was doing something like this I think.

...Actually there are ways to deal with this. Never mind .

Freeman76

Some rough edges here and there like some visual glitches and the dialogue isn't all that great (I think they're going for a style I don't really care for but I'm getting used to it), but all in all I think it's great so far. Runs great on a Series X (seems to mostly be around 60 fps although there are some dips here and there), and load times are really fast from the internal drive.
The framerate badly tanks in places, it can be quite offputting. Hopefully they can patch it though, the graphics are pure last gen stuff so they should be able to hit 60 with minor dips surely

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I want a proper Shadowrun ffs

Shadowrun on SEGA (I guess it might have also been on the SNES) was my first intro to mature RPG's as a kid and I have been waiting for a proper sequel to that forever. I know nothing about Cyperpunk 2020 and am sure the source material is solid, but boy would I be even more hyped if that were the world CDPR had settled on.

. . .this does fit with them choosing kind of untouched properties to put their RPG spin on.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I think it will be always like that. Player's skill vs character's skill. Or maybe making the character miss most shots when on low level would be the way to go? Mass Effect 1 was doing something like this I think.

...Actually there are ways to deal with this. Never mind .

Either way, I like the idea of missing shots as opposed to enemies being "sponges". Reminds me of how the developers of Uncha
The framerate badly tanks in places, it can be quite offputting. Hopefully they can patch it though, the graphics are pure last gen stuff so they should be able to hit 60 with minor dips surely

The graphics aren't wowing you on Series X? I've yet to play.

kiryani

I’m 8 hours down.

This is going to be a lot of people’s GOAT.

Is it just me that’s getting a LOT of MGS vibes? Particularly MGS2, just something about certain details I can’t put my finger on.

I’m getting some Batman AA vibes too particularly from when you approach an area in stealth and start marking.

Point regarding sponges - it’s basically common for people to have upgrades to their frames, so I feel like it’s pretty normal they can take some licks.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Stryder-

I’m 8 hours down.

This is going to be a lot of people’s GOAT.

Is it just me that’s getting a LOT of MGS vibes? Particularly MGS2, just something about certain details I can’t put my finger on.

MGS2 one of my all time favorite games. I'm curious what it is but whatever it is I hope I get those vibes too

Last edited:

kiryani

MGS2 one of my all time favorite games of all time. I'm curious what it is but whatever it is I hope I get those vibes too

I think it’s just a level detail, there’s something very Kojima like about how the world feels, it’s not something I can’t easily explain but you will likely understand it if you’re big into MGS2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freeman76

The graphics aren't wowing you on Series X? I've yet to play.

Not at all. Maybe its because for weeks ive been playing Valhalla, Immortals, Yakuza etc though. To me it looks low res, performance is truly shite most of the time as well. The game is nuts though, I'm really enjoying it. The gameworld is also highly detailed and complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom