• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Snaven Shake

Neo Member
Looking for some help. Every time I come in here I see people taking some absolutely gorgeous shots, and I need help. When I use the photo editor to save photos, it is immediately downscaling them and they lose a lot of their quality when I access them through the folder they go to. What are you guys doing to get such high quality shots? Can I get some step by step instructions?

I really enjoy the photo mode, but I am super discouraged.

Last edited:

John Day

I love the Kusanagi but this bike looks cool too,I like the wheels.

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-24-21-56-35.png

They need to implement a way to customize a lot of things, like vehicles and clothes, it's very lacking in this game.
In my wishlist, after they fight off the bugs and mayyybe the AI (if that is possible that is), i want this! Or atleast things like dealerships, cuatomizing to some extent (V and vehicles, mayyyyyybe options for getting other apartments? But that’s no priority). More side stuff like races and fights, other than fists.

scalman

Did 100hrs lvl50 nice numbers and saw one ending.. then checked another version of it . So thats done. Maybe will check another endings..or will start new char from start. Not sure yet. Would not leave those side quests for so long anymore as they mostly very easy diff. So later they become just simple to do. And now i would know to not clean too much map too soon as then in the end of game you dont have any loot because there is anyone to shoot anymore besides missions. Like last 20 hrs i think i played with same weapons almost because i found those very good ones too early maybe. But thats same problems for all open worlds with story.
Last 1.06 update fixed that talk to dum dum mission prob that was on previous patch but now some other side missio was broken for me like i needed go to lift but lift was not there i just fall trough map and game hanged. That was first time ever this happened in this game. Never before not from 1.03 version never. So yh duno it fixed one mission but brake another for me. And i just left it then.

Ohh and lvl up after 50 its still gives you point to spend on perks i think but not on other thing. But its gives you smt still i think so but should need recheck that for sure.
Game has no more random quests or activities after you clear all its done its cleared. Not like ubi games where its still activities like respawning,here its just done no more doing anything on map all peacefull and clear ... so no point play after you done all but its ok its enough rly.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

If someone is fed up with the V's car and does not want to spend E$, you can
find a black calibrun
in a "bat cave" in a tunnel behind the raffen shiev cave, which you attack with
Panam

Last edited:

scalman

Looking for some help. Every time I come in here I see people taking some absolutely gorgeous shots, and I need help. When I use the photo editor to save photos, it is immediately downscaling them and they lose a lot of their quality when I access them through the folder they go to. What are you guys doing to get such high quality shots? Can I get some step by step instructions?

I really enjoy the photo mode, but I am super discouraged.
I do them in 2 ways. Using game photo mode L3+R3 on controller or using xbox app screenshot mode with win+G or faster CTRL+F11 . Then i find those game screenshots in pictures/cyberpunk 2077 or in videos/captures.
So then i just go to imgur.com site to my acc and upload those pictures there and copy link to it here. Done. I do it faster then i wrote this in reality. Its very fast. Its allways looses some quality with any upload stuff. Still it looks ok enough i think.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Yup, the one where you leave your car in after the first mission with Jackie. You can take an elevator up to your apartment from there.
I load up my save and go back to the garage, the car was still there but it seemed to be having sex with another car that was right on top of it. GTA V had this problem too IIRC behind the strip club, cars would be spawning in spaces that were already occupied. I thought it was strange but shrugged and moved it to a different spot even though I began to suspect this wasn't a viable solution. I come back again and notice a truck was parked right next to it, like basically touching. But I didn't think anything of it since the car was still there. I check up on it a 3rd time after a Judy mission and.... it's gone.

tenoremjw9.gif

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Charged jump legs are also really good just to move around the enviroment. I really regret not getting it until pretty much the end of the game.
I tested that out too and it seems like the height I get is not much more than a double jump, unless I was doing it wrong. I just find the double jump has so much more mobility and utility.

Krisprolls

Banned
Have you ever been called "motherfucker" by a dead headless dude? Be sure to turn on the sound.

Another feature you won't see in GTA V.

Cyberpunk open world is far beyond everything, even beyond laws of physics and nature.

This open world is so dynamic even headless corpses are talking.

Last edited:

regawdless

Banned
Another feature you won't see in GTA V.

Cyberpunk open world is far beyond everything, even beyond laws of physics and nature.

This open world is so dynamic even headless corpses are talking.

Yeah there's some wild shit in this game. It's nuts how much goes wrong. Pretty fun tbh

Loostreaks

Whaaat?! I'm loving double jump, but I've got to check that out.
They are more combat oriented it really opens up a lot of maneuverability in combat. Plus probably more useful as you can hover forward over obstacles.
I love the Kusanagi but this bike looks cool too,I like the wheels.

Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-24-21-56-35.png

They need to implement a way to customize a lot of things, like vehicles and clothes, it's very lacking in this game.
Eh, that really isn't the case. Someone put together a website that lets you preview all clothing in the game:

This is crazy variety for SP rpg, 10-20 times more next to even Bethesda rpgs.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They are more combat oriented it really opens up a lot of maneuverability in combat. Plus probably more useful as you can hover forward over obstacles.

Eh, that really isn't the case. Someone put together a website that lets you preview all clothing in the game:

This is crazy variety for SP rpg, 10-20 times more next to even Bethesda rpgs.

But every item in Bethesda RPGs has a 3D model and physics associated with it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I wish there was more to the game. While I haven't finished the story or anything. I feel like the street cred could have been expanded way more..

Yeah, I think they had plans for it to matter more than just being a gate to certain abilities. I remember reading about them planning a whole faction system and there's a lot in the game to make you think they intended for reputation to be key part of the game. I've got a feeling they ended up cutting like over half of the systems they had planned within the last year or so.

aries_71

I miss having an autodrive feature, at least in the Delamains.

I guess the AI it’s not up to task. I tried letting Claire drive me home after the first race and she got stuck in the first 5 seconds. I had to skip the travel to continue.

Act 2 story spoilers

I just found out from my brother I could have jumped up to the second floor and helped takemura I hope I didn't seal his death sentence by not doing that

find a black calibrun
Panam
I didn't even realize there were vehicles you could find around the map. I thought you only got vehicles by buying them or from quests. Thanks for that!

zkorejo

find a black calibrun
Panam
Good car. Looks great but sounds like an electric car. Must have if you don't spend money on cars.

I still prefer Quadra Turbo R V tech to every other car in the game.

zkorejo

you guys need to download reshade for cyberpunk. the game looks nowhere near its full potential without it. my custom one: HDR+Vibrance+AMD sharpening at 3000 strength

Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-23-20-21-04-40.png

Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-23-20-06-27-51.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-24-18-38-20-88.png
Cyberpunk-2077-Screenshot-2020-12-23-20-21-42-48.png
It doesn't work for me. I added in the files in the steam directory as mentioned but when I press home or page down the menu doesn't show up.

It doesn't work for me. I added in the files in the steam directory as mentioned but when I press home or page down the menu doesn't show up.
did you go to the reshade site and download it there first? bc they ask you what games you want to you use it for.

you cant just go to nexus and download somebody's. you gotta go to the site first.

But yeah...you guys are playing blurry washed out cyberpunk until you add some sharpening and vibrance+HDR.

game is SOOOO blurry, sharpening is the most important. then Vibrance+HDR IMO.

Last edited:
I like reshades but this one looks absolutely tasteless. Luckily there are infinite options out there.

lol well each pic has different settings so I'd ask which one? xD lol

the one with judy is the most natural though...doesn't have as much bloom.

but my main point is, the image is wayyy sharper

Last edited:

Loostreaks

EVERYTHING in this game could have been expanded more. Every feature included feels like its just a beta version and there is some missing content or something. Feels weird
I definitely don't get the same impression. I mean sure, you could ask for things like more apartments, car/clothing/more character customization, riding trains, etc...but if they had to put in every "essential feature" that the players want, the game wouldn't be released for the next few years at least.
What single player rpgs out there offer as much while coming with high production values? Only thing comparable is Bethesda's TES or Fallout, but they are technically far more "rough"/outdated.

Loostreaks

The world/detail/ambiance in this game is incredible. Even when you enter a market in Pacifica, you hear Haitian music playing in the background. Every "zone" is distinct and so well realized.

Best Sniper rifle in video games: SPT32 Grad ( you can buy a legendary version in the market in Santa Domingo/Arroyo)

Some of the weapons in this game straight up belong in FPS hall of fame.

Starfield

I definitely don't get the same impression. I mean sure, you could ask for things like more apartments, car/clothing/more character customization, riding trains, etc...but if they had to put in every "essential feature" that the players want, the game wouldn't be released for the next few years at least.
What single player rpgs out there offer as much while coming with high production values? Only thing comparable is Bethesda's TES or Fallout, but they are technically far more "rough"/outdated.
While outdated they offer far more things you can do than Cyberpunk does. That is why people still play games like Skyrim today. I love Cyberpunk, but to me the world feels just like an empty world made for experiencing the main and side stories.

There isn't alot to do in the game besides completing those quests. You can walk around and look at all the awesome details Night City has, but that's it.

I hope CDPR will adress that with future patches but I seriously doubt it since they always tend to concentrate on story and quests instead of creating a living and breathing world. Witcher 3 was the same (but not as bad as Cyberpunk).

Let's see what features in Cyberpunk feel completely empty:

• shops (you have certain shops where you can buy things but actually not do ANYTHING with it - eg. sex shops, dildos)
  • races (you only get to a few races with claire, after that...nothing)
  • romances (whats the point of romancing if you cant even call your romance option to your apartment, go out with her, have dates, have sex more than just 1 cutscene, etc
  • transit system (literally the first thing we saw 2018 was V being inside a monorail train, in-game you can only use it as a fast travel option)
  • joy-toys (theres literally only TWO joy-toys you can interact with in the ENTIRE city, a city where you can find xxx and 18+ signs hanging around every corner)
  • clubs (while the clubs look really cool in-game you cant really do much there besides going into them and standing around, theres no interaction for drinking (except for buying into your inventory, or striptease or whatever, theres nothing besides Press F to dance)
  • Apartment/housing (the only apartment you have is V's, later you can get Judy's apartment and Panams tent but WAIT, theres a catch...they are listed as YOUR apartment on the map but you cant do ANYTHING there. not even sleep in the bed, what?)
  • no character customization post character creation (seriously?)
  • no vehicle customization (i know they already said before launch that it got cancelled but...why? you cant even choose the color of your car when you buy a new one even though theres multiple color options)
  • AI that can actually count as AI (and not yet another illusion of something that should to be expected in an open world rpg)

To me this isn't an RPG game but a story driven open-world game, I'd compare with with games like Metro Exodus and GTA (alltough even GTA offers more to do in its world)

This game will NEVER be comparable to games like Fallout, Skyrim, etc. NEVER. This is the reason why Bethesda Game Studios as a video game developer will always be superior to CDPR and others and you can laugh at their engine all you want but they actually TRY to create a believable world wher you can sink into and find new things around every corner. Where the world is the character.

If BGS sorts out their weak story and quest design aswell as their engine problems they can never ever be matched again.
Cyberpunk 2077 will be abscent in people's minds in 1 or 2 years while at the same time people will still play games like Skyrim.

I love love LOVE how people were saying right before Cyberpunk came out "there is going to be so many dissapointed people thinking they're buying a GTA in Cyberpunk universe when it is actually a FULLY FLESHED OUT RPG instead." Now you can't even say it is comparable to GTA because even THAT game has a better world and more features. lmao

Last edited:

2AdEPT

This is lengthy
K Here it is!

I spent all day making Judy's song and slideshow video (mostly owing to havign to make all the music myself)....toatlly lucked out getting the sunrise at just the right time without reloading LOL!

Dont watch the video yet if you dont want to be spoiled about the Judy story progression.

The world/detail/ambiance in this game is incredible. Even when you enter a market in Pacifica, you hear Haitian music playing in the background. Every "zone" is distinct and so well realized.

Best Sniper rifle in video games: SPT32 Grad ( you can buy a legendary version in the market in Santa Domingo/Arroyo)

Some of the weapons in this game straight up belong in FPS hall of fame.

LOL I posted a video on how to find an Epic verison right away at the start of the game and some game play at leavel 20 when you can first use it a few pages back, but when I checked other "best sniper" videos they dont even list it...I gather if you upgrade everything and make smart weapons with high crit your thing and get instant head shots without aiming then OK ....but it itakes the fun out of sniping IMO.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

While outdated they offer far more things you can do than Cyberpunk does. That is why people still play games like Skyrim today. I love Cyberpunk, but to me the world feels just like an empty world made for experiencing the main and side stories.

There isn't alot to do in the game besides completing those quests. You can walk around and look at all the awesome details Night City has, but that's it.

I hope CDPR will adress that with future patches but I seriously doubt it since they always tend to concentrate on story and quests instead of creating a living and breathing world. Witcher 3 was the same (but not as bad as Cyberpunk).

Let's see what features in Cyberpunk feel completely empty:

• shops (you have certain shops where you can buy things but actually not do ANYTHING with it - eg. sex shops, dildos)
  • races (you only get to a few races with claire, after that...nothing)
  • romances (whats the point of romancing if you cant even call your romance option to your apartment, go out with her, have dates, have sex more than just 1 cutscene, etc
  • transit system (literally the first thing we saw 2018 was V being inside a monorail train, in-game you can only use it as a fast travel option)
  • joy-toys (theres literally only TWO joy-toys you can interact with in the ENTIRE city, a city where you can find xxx and 18+ signs hanging around every corner)
  • clubs (while the clubs look really cool in-game you cant really do much there besides going into them and standing around, theres no interaction for drinking (except for buying into your inventory, or striptease or whatever, theres nothing besides Press F to dance)
  • Apartment/housing (the only apartment you have is V's, later you can get Judy's apartment and Panams tent but WAIT, theres a catch...they are listed as YOUR apartment on the map but you cant do ANYTHING there. not even sleep in the bed, what?)
  • no vehicle customization (i know they already said before launch that it got cancelled but...why? you cant even choose the color of your car when you buy a new one even though theres multiple color options)
  • AI that can actually count as AI (and not yet another illusion of something that should to be expected in an open world rpg)

To me this isn't an RPG game but a story driven open-world game, I'd compare with with games like Metro Exodus and GTA (alltough even GTA offers more to do in its world)

This game will NEVER be comparable to games like Fallout, Skyrim, etc. NEVER. This is the reason why Bethesda Game Studios as a video game developer will always be superior to CDPR and others and you can laugh at their engine all you want but they actually TRY to create a believable world wher you can sink into and find new things around every corner. Where the world is the character.

If BGS sorts out their weak story and quest design aswell as their engine problems they can never ever be matched again.
Cyberpunk 2077 will be abscent in people's minds in 1 or 2 years while at the same time people will still play games like Skyrim.

I love love LOVE how people were saying right before Cyberpunk came out "there is going to be so many dissapointed people thinking they're buying a GTA in Cyberpunk universe when it is actually a FULLY FLESHED OUT RPG instead." Now you can't even say it is comparable to GTA because even THAT game has a better world and more features. lmao

Yeah the dev with 15+ years of experience making open world games makes a better open world game 🤷🏼‍♂️ what a surprise. Why even compare them

Loostreaks

Hado:
I've played ( and enjoyed) all of Bethesda games, but you're cherrypicking here and comparing two essentially very different games. Bethesda worlds are practically microscopic next to Night City. A city in Skyrim or Fallout has less than twenty people in it. It completely fails in any sense of scale or authenticity.

And while you can pick up a lot of objects in the world, actual interaction with the world in a sense of "meaningful" gameplay interaction is almost non existant. A hacker here can create a ton of sandbox scenarios: a Mage in Skyrim plays like an archer and just flings projectiles at enemies.

It has decent enough shops and a lot of them actually offer great weapons/gear. I agree though, they could've reduced amount of loot in the game and placed it more with vendors.

Err..yes? It's a video game, not a Romance/Dating sim simulator. And from what I've seen, they've done a far better job ( with what options are there) than any rpg out there.

They never confirmed this to be in game. It's like saying why does Skyrim does not have live-carriage system, or similar in Fallout. At the end, they have to choose what features they want to be fun/implement.

Pretty much the same, as in most rpgs. There is always "more" that can be added, but some people went in with the impression this will be MMO-like Sims 2077, real life simulator.

• The game has a ton of vehicles, with phenomenal design ( that put even racing games to shame). Again, they could've added "more", but it's not a driving game, so you could say this feature is somehow essential/"missing".

All AI in video games is illusion and something with scripted behavior based on specific circumstances. Only legit flaw here is simplistic police/npc AI ( which they're already working on improving). Adding individual day life cycles for thousands of npcs in the game would be pointless: what purpose would it serve in this game.

Sorry, but that is plain nonsense. Bethesda games are designed more about looting/dungeon delving and have more fine-tuned "world simulation mechanics", because of their far smaller size. ( like crime system, owning property, etc).
But on rpg aspect, they are not even comparable to Cyberpunk. Here you have character backgrounds with different dialogue options, stat checks, skill checks, very open/complex level design, narrative choices and consequences, meaningful character skills.
Bethesda games have fully linear quest design, pretty simple/linear level design, no stats or skill checks, skills only serve as means to "gate" perks, almost no c&c, race/background choice is mostly cosmetic. Only thing really comparable between the two is the perk system ( they both have good number of playstyles/character builds).

Last edited:

Isendurl

Well, maybe next time you play Fallout from Bethesda try to ask yourself why is everybody still living in ruins after TWO CENTURIES after war, or how the hell would these people even survive without any agriculture. I wouldn't call that very believable personally....

Last edited:
Top Bottom