• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

timothet

I know that main attraction of the game is the city, but damn, badlands have some great views too:

lceZUk5.png
w7PrB2M.png
KPAfSnr.png
vzBpCDL.png
MXq1Hdh.png
First three photos were taken out of map bounds.

Pakoe

Finally finished the game, took me a total of 60 hours. Although the last few hours I was mostly doing random gigs and ncpd hustles. Was hoping it'd be longer but oh well. Ending was great, now we start the DLC waiting game..
Last three screenshots:

Last edited:

sxodan

Finally finished the game, took me a total of 60 hours. Although the last few hours I was mostly doing random gigs and ncpd hustles. Was hoping it'd be longer but oh well. Ending was great, now we start the DLC waiting game..
Last three screenshots:

Beast! Best looking car in the game imho.

I'm the only fucker with the base car and motorcycle? cars are too pricey, at least the good looking ones...
There are a few unmarked free vehicles around the world and via quests. I got a cool green motorcycle with a gremlin looking ornament on the front and the bike lights shine through its mouth and eyes. It's in a garage north/northwest in Watson. I didn't even go looking for it. I went there to slice up a few gang members for street cred and got a pop-up saying I now own it.

scalman

I'm the only fucker with the base car and motorcycle? cars are too pricey, at least the good looking ones...
go do free roam in streets and go to blue markers to shoot some bandits there, most of them will have there parked they cars after you shoot them you can take their transport. easy to get all bikes early in game at least go shoot bikers gangs on those markers and you will get plenty free bikes there to take. never bought anything to drive i just bought them because for mission marker later.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
go do free roam in streets and go to blue markers to shoot some bandits there, most of them will have there parked they cars after you shoot them you can take their transport. easy to get all bikes early in game at least go shoot bikers gangs on those markers and you will get plenty free bikes there to take. never bought anything to drive i just bought them because for mission marker later.
But how do you keep them ... you can take them but then they disappear when not used

I finally stopped doing side content and advanced the story... why are there nearly no options in most story missions? This feels as scripted as an Uncharted game, is there ever another mission like the Maelstrom one?

GymWolf

Gold Member
Do they remains yours if you steal cars from street bandits?!

KO7

I found a ripperdoc offering legendary gorilla arms cyberware so I spent some time earning enough $$ to buy them (they cost $100,000)
then during a random mission shortly after found legendary mantis blades in a crate for free :messenger_open_mouth:

I didn't realize this was possible lol.

Those legendary mantis blades broke the game for me lol. Extremely overpowered playing on Normal, but the temptation is too great to use em...

KO7

Spoiler question about Placide:

Please tell me I get to wipe him out sometime after the VDBs/Animals quest. Homie’s gonna text me with subtle threats? Aww hell naw, I’m coming for you and your whole crew if the game allows me to!

KO7

Jackie’s bike served me well for the majority of my playthrough. I’m just excited for the Porsche now and wish that was accessible for more of the game. Don’t really care for any other vehicles in the game, especially at those prices.

MMaRsu

Spoiler question about Placide:

Please tell me I get to wipe him out sometime after the VDBs/Animals quest. Homie’s gonna text me with subtle threats? Aww hell naw, I’m coming for you and your whole crew if the game allows me to!

I think siding with the Netwatch agent does it

Not sure you can do it afterwards

Reactions: KO7

Loostreaks

Combat is soooo good in this game. Get Kereznikov ( slow mo during performing slides or dodge)& Hover boots, and you become a superfast cyberkilling machine. It's incredibly fluid and versatile: you can hack enemies and tech while mid air, then follow up with aerial takedown on a guy whose optics you've just fried.
I still end up gunned down pretty fast ( higher level enemies are crazy accurate, even with cover fire), but it feels so damn good when you execute it right.
Someone mentioned here economy is busted ( I'm avoiding crafting): 90 hours in, looting everything that isn't nailed down, and I still can't afford a car ( spent it mostly on cyberware). Jackie's arch is great, but I have my eye on that Akira bike ( cars controls need to be fixed, but bikes are so damn satisfying to drive).

scalman

Combat is soooo good in this game. Get Kereznikov ( slow mo during performing slides or dodge)& Hover boots, and you become a superfast cyberkilling machine. It's incredibly fluid and versatile: you can hack enemies and tech while mid air, then follow up with aerial takedown on a guy whose optics you've just fried.
I still end up gunned down pretty fast ( higher level enemies are crazy accurate, even with cover fire), but it feels so damn good when you execute it right.

Someone mentioned here economy is busted ( I'm avoiding crafting): 90 hours in, looting everything that isn't nailed down, and I still can't afford a car ( spent it mostly on cyberware). Jackie's arch is great, but I have my eye on that Akira bike ( cars controls need to be fixed, but bikes are so damn satisfying to drive).
why you need to afford car ? is it so much problem wit them? shoot bad guys take best cars from them, i loot a lot and i bought most cars from maps icons just because to spend money i never drove car i bought , i just run and take what i want , later in game if you lvl up right stuff you can just take any car anyway.

scalman

Do they remains yours if you steal cars from street bandits?!
wel lyou park car near street you go somewhere you go back and in most cases it will stay there, sometimes it wont but many times it will be there, not after main missions maybe but for other activities you park car you go shoot bad guys you come back car is where you left it . how else i need it to have i dont know. next time go take another car and so on and so on. so many to try.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Found the Mizutani convertible in a random NCPD mission (it was about some dude raging at a mechanic), it's a sweet ride, but unfortunately... you can't keep it. It's not available to buy either AFAIK. It'd be nice if you had one of those things called a "garage" in this game. Even GTA fuckin' III had them 20 years ago for pete's sake.

they are obviously running on lower settings. no AO and definitely no RTX.

i've been playing on PC with RTX and it's way better looking that that.
One thing that RT helps a lot with that I haven't seen anyone talking about is shadow pop-in while driving. It's SOOOOO much better with RT ON. Find a long tunnel and drive through it with and without RT.

Found the Mizutani convertible in a random NCPD mission (it was about some dude raging at a mechanic), it's a sweet ride, but unfortunately... you can't keep it. It's not available to buy either AFAIK. It'd be nice if you had one of those things called a "garage" in this game. Even GTA fuckin' III had them 20 years ago for pete's sake.

There's a parking garage below V's apartment.

Also voiced by an actual transwoman. But I guess outrage is more important than acknowledging positive aspects of representation in the game.

I think people complaining about transpeople being "fetishized," as Jim Sterling put it, is worthy of discussion but they fail to mention everyone is fetishized in the world. People are dispoable in Night City, the corps are kings and cash rules everything.

I've seen more than a few posts from LBGTQ+ people on the LowSodium subreddit praising the game for letting them play as themselves and the quality of same sex romances, Judy's in particular (got a lot I want to say about this and how much I loathe the criticism "the game doesn't really say anything" and will do later when I have time for a proper post).
You read my mind!

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
While I remain paranoïd since that save game disaster thing I'm still looting like an OCD monkey and gambling my walkthrough at about 40 hours.

Also nobody rides a bike besides V and all the smokers are right handed.

Hot garbage 0/10.

Happy Holidays to all you Fabulous Swashbucklers 🎄🎁

MMaRsu

Yeah we need some fucking biker NPC's on the streets man. I was kinda looking forward to something like that, with the Akira influences and all. Not many chase scenes in the game either (havent gone past the point of no return 100 hours in LMAO)

MMaRsu

Claire is one badass Trans character, but Ree will not accept her

I know right? I didnt like the end to that quest so I reloaded and said fuck her. Still, I think the character is done very well.
If she's voiced by a trans woman I never would have thought wow! Great performance.

No interest in reading that shithole forum, but can you give a quick summary as to why they dont accept her? One of the first real trans characters in an AAA release, treated respectfully and with a good backstory. Jesus christ what more could these people want?

MMaRsu

I have played most of this game and I still can't figure out what has SJWs so upset. There are times where even if I disagree I can understand where they come from but not here.

There really isnt anything offensive in this game. Last thing I saw was about a freakout about how all the asian stall owners have asian hats on them

OH NO NOT THE HATS

Its like that time people were hating on mexicans wearing fucking mexican hats and such, saying its racist when lmao hello mexicans love their heritage

GymWolf

Gold Member
Oh cmon i can't buy the epic legs with hovering because i punched that sleazy cunt of a ripperdoc in jig street...

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned

But you don't get to keep those bikes do you?

GymWolf

Gold Member

I have tons of money, i just don't wanna spend 100.000 dollars on a fucking car :ROFLMAO:

right now i'm walking with like 140.000 eurodollars...

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
they are obviously running on lower settings. no AO and definitely no RTX.

i've been playing on PC with RTX and it's way better looking that that.
No I mean the texture seems like a bug, texture in that first picture are common accurence in the game. But I am not sure how about PC stacks up againts this issue. I said if it's PC, because it's definitely sharper picture than from consoles. So I just want to clear this out.

Top Bottom