• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My brother received the game on Thursday and today, he traded it for another game.
To paraphrase what he said “the game is full of bugs and hiccups, but most importantly, the game itself ain’t that fun. It’s no different from Rage 2 with tacked-on RPG elements. It’s meh.”

Anyone else here share similar sentiments about the game?
What system did he play it on?

No, you dumbass. Lmao

The Witcher 3 quest design overuses this template

Get Quest->Follow Trail->Use Witcher Sense->Reach Objective->Fight.

That's not good quest design. That has nothing to do with the quality of writing though
Lol was the bloody baron quest that structure?

Was the godling quest that structure?

Was the quest where youbwere possesed by ghost in at a party that structure?

Was the succubus quest that structure?

What about the quest where the bear came into the skellige castle?

I can go on and on, theres more quests without that structure than with. It seems you're only talking about the contracts and not even all the contracts were designed that way

The majority of quests werent even structured like that period

Writing, and coming up with a creative concept made those quests what they are. When the writing is poor, and the creativity surrounding it is poor, then you get generic uninspired quests.

You are so dishonest lol you either never completed the witcher 3, or never played it.
Acting as if that was the way these quests were as a whole is just...wrong lol

So now you are trying to argue the quests werent good. You're full of shit

Didn’t CDPR advertise this as an open world sandbox? I’m not sure why that giggling poster keeps making the distinction between RPGs and sandbox games. There’s nothing that prevents an RPG from being a sandbox game. In fact, that’s explicitly what CDPR sold this game as.
They sold it as an open world rpg. They explicitly said so in all the gameplay demonstrations. Did you not follow this game?

hymanator

I've been playing Cyberpunk on Stadia and I've been having a good experience with it performance wise. As far as the game itself, the ratio between dialog and gameplay makes it feel like a Kojima game (for better or worse). The AI is definitely broken though. In my first boss fight, I was able to climb on a small ledge, which made the AI logic completely freeze up. I'm still not sure how I feel about this game yet, because there are moments that feel truly next-gen and others that feel extremely dated. I guess that explains some of the love/hate opinions in this thread.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I've been playing Cyberpunk on Stadia and I've been having a good experience with it performance wise. As far as the game itself, the ratio between dialog and gameplay makes it feel like a Kojima game (for better or worse). The AI is definitely broken though. In my first boss fight, I was able to climb on a small ledge, which made the AI logic completely freeze up. I'm still not sure how I feel about this game yet, because there are moments that feel truly next-gen and others that feel extremely dated. I guess that explains some of the love/hate opinions in this thread.
Leaked videos show the AI can be dumb as rocks or broken. But your experience with Stadia seems to be confirmation again that the Stadia version seems to be pretty good and better than what people were expecting.

Isendurl

My brother received the game on Thursday and today, he traded it for another game.
To paraphrase what he said “the game is full of bugs and hiccups, but most importantly, the game itself ain’t that fun. It’s no different from Rage 2 with tacked-on RPG elements. It’s meh.”

Anyone else here share similar sentiments about the game?

Sorry you had to learn it this way but...
I disagree with your brothers opinion about Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Lol was the bloody baron quest that structure?

Was the godling quest that structure?

Was the quest where youbwere possesed by ghost in at a party that structure?

Was the succubus quest that structure?

What about the quest where the bear came into the skellige castle?

I can go on and on, theres more quests without that structure than with. It seems you're only talking about the contracts and not even all the contracts were designed that way

The majority of quests werent even structured like that period

Writing, and coming up with a creative concept made those quests what they are. When the writing is poor, and the creativity surrounding it is poor, then you get generic uninspired quests.

You are so dishonest lol you either never completed the witcher 3, or never played it.
Acting as if that was the way these quests were as a whole is just...wrong lol

So now you are trying to argue the quests werent good. You're full of shit

Yup to all of them. Overreliance on batman vision made the game a complete chore to play

Here's an example of good quest design

427FUSD.jpg

Madflavor

Seeing people shit on the police AI in this game, and use RDR2 as an example of good AI. Hey no doubt. But I also recall in RDR2, I could be in the bum fuck nowhere, shoot a guy, and there's always a witness and get into a cycle of killing witness after witness. I remember being shot at for no reason by random NPCs, then defend myself, and would gain a Wanted level.

RDR2 was fantastic, but there was retarded shit to be found.

Yup to all of them.
Overreliance on batman vision made the game a complete chore to play

Ah so you didnt like the witcher 3.

Thats all i was looking for. Therefore of course you dont like cyberpunk.

You just blatantly lied and said all the quests i listed were conceptualized like that which is simply is not true. Most of those quests didnt even involve the witcher sense at all.

You didnt complete the witcher 3. Probably didnt even play it.

Nice to slowly expose that these are skyrim loving, witcher hating folks in this thread.

Glad im here, otherwise we wouldnt have known what you are

Catphish

All I know is, I'm glad I didn't jump on this at release. Definitely gonna give it a few months to see if they clean it up. I'm not paying $60 to be an early access beta tester.

Well, I'm playing on the base PS4 where Ive clocked in 14 hours so far. I've tried to imagine playing without graphical bugs(texture popping up late) and crashes. And I can honestly say that without those problems I would still give this game so far a 7.5/10.

The issues lies with AI and outdated game design. However I'm still enjoying the game.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I remember when the developers of Dying Light moved away from last gen consoles. The game was originally suppose to release on Xbox 360 and PS3. XBO/PS4 gen was still new. Despite the big install base they decided to screw old gen. Same thing should have happened with Cyberpunk.

Astorian

16 hours in and I haven’t even touched crafting, goes to show how important that system is, it’s really silly that people complained about the GameStop reviewer ignoring it.

Ah so you didnt like the witcher 3.

Thats all i was looking for. Therefore of course you dont like cyberpunk.

You just blatantly lied and said all the quests i listed were conceptualized like that which is simply is not true. Most of those quests didnt even involve the witcher sense at all.

You didnt complete the witcher 3. Probably didnt even play it.

Nice to slowly expose that these are skyrim loving, witcher hating folks in this thread.

Glad im here, otherwise we wouldnt have known what you are

I very much know what i'm talking about

nemSkJ1.png

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
The most exciting thing I've experienced while exploring this world is a body flying from the sky and splatting on the ground randomly
I had this happen too. I assumed it was someone jumping to their death from a nearby skyscraper. Thought it was cool initially, less so when everyone else continued walking by as if nothing happened.

vpance

I had this happen too. I assumed it was someone jumping to their death from a nearby skyscraper. Thought it was cool initially, less so when everyone else continued walking by as if nothing happened.

Same thing happened to me, in the first hour. Thought it was supposed to be like part of a funny event.

ethomaz

Banned
That sucks he thinks it's that bad. Pro and One X are supposed to be "ok at best".
I believe it is close to unplayable in both PS4 Pro and XB1 X.

The situation is a bit better on Series X|S and PS5 even so there are a lot o lf crashes that need to restart the game.

THEAP99

Banned
Same thing happened to me, in the first hour. Thought it was supposed to be like part of a funny event.
I feel like it's a representation of how I feel after I played the game. Or a cd Projekt red investor

Last edited:

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
If 40-50 hours is not that much.
He did all main quest, some sub-quests that she praised, etc.

I mean she really played a lot.

She was saying she didn't do much of the side quests or involve herself much with customization tools in her interview review with another woman and dude. In her writing and the interview review, she says she does lol

It seems we'd both be right, because she gave out contradictory information lol

Last edited:
She was saying she didn't do much of the side quests or involve herself much with customization tools in her interview review with another woman and dude. In her writing and the interview review, she says she does lol

She did the side quests. She didn't do the repetitive content

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

I believe if you ask her if he played all the things the game she will say played very little... it is obvious... same for every other review.

She put enough hours to finish the main quest, played some side-quests that she found interesting (even praised these) and get superficial enough to the system mechanics required to finish the game.

That is what I believe so both her stances are right.

Internet is trashing her just because she found issues while playing the game (and the game has a lot of them) that weighed in her review score while most reviewers choose to ignore any issue they faced playing the game.

I can understand reviewers ignoring some bugs, after all games have some bugs.
But what they did with Cyberpunk is a direct lie to their viewers/readers just to help a studio to meet sales target.

Last edited:

bxrz

I believe if you ask her if he played all the things the game she will say played very little... it is obvious... same for every other review.

She put enough hours to finish the main quest, played some side-quests that she found interesting (even praised these) and get superficial enough to the system mechanics required to finish the game.

Internet is trashing her just because she found issues while playing the game (and the game has a lot of them) that weighed in her review score while most reviewers choose to ignore any issue they faced playing the game.

I can understand reviewers ignoring some bugs, after all games have some bugs.
But what they did with Cyberpunk is a direct lie to their viewers/readers just to help a studio to meet sales target.
Internet is trashing her cause all she talked about in her review was trans shit that nobody cares about

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Internet is trashing her cause all she talked about in her review was trans shit that nobody cares about
I believe people were trashing her because she did not play the game... these were the talk from fans... it was even posted a video dedicated to that.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
CD PROJEKT RED INVESTOR CAMEO EASTER EGG IN CYBERPUNK:

And as I said before, this is literally the only interested thing that I've seen happen in my time exploring night city. And I don't even know if it was a glitch or what

Last edited:
Reactions: TJC

bxrz

I believe people were trashing her because she did not play the game... these were the talk from fans... it was even posted a video dedicated to that.
No its cause she talked about trans shit in her review

Also Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping you need to get a life lol. Came in the thread just to shittalk anyone that likes the game. Why not just leave the thread?

ethomaz

Banned
No its cause she talked about trans shit in her review

Also Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping you need to get a life lol. Came in the thread just to shittalk anyone that likes the game. Why not just leave the thread?
My bad because I did not take part of that trans debate just she did not played the game false claims.

I’m not in her side... neither know her trans talk.

Last edited:

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
She did the side quests. She didn't do the repetitive content

She literally says she skipped the content after saying she did it. Kallie has multiple controversies surrounding her, due to awful/half-assed reviews, not the internet wanting to trash her. I've criticized the game for being terrible at launch, but I can also see that this reviewer didn't do their due diligence. She shouldn't be a game reviewer with this track record, and is a prime example of what's wrong with gaming journalism. Her line about skipping content, because she didn't want to help FICTIONAL police, is some shit that seems more political than anything else.

EDIT: In her written review, she also has a line about culture being incorporated offensively, which is another political take honestly.

Last edited:

Madflavor

16 hours in and I haven’t even touched crafting, goes to show how important that system is, it’s really silly that people complained about the GameStop reviewer ignoring it.

Crafting has allowed me to keep using the armor I like by upgrading it, but whatever.

MadAnon

Seeing people shit on the police AI in this game, and use RDR2 as an example of good AI. Hey no doubt. But I also recall in RDR2, I could be in the bum fuck nowhere, shoot a guy, and there's always a witness and get into a cycle of killing witness after witness. I remember being shot at for no reason by random NPCs, then defend myself, and would gain a Wanted level.

RDR2 was fantastic, but there was retarded shit to be found.
There's difference between finding some retarded shit and borderline non existant NPC AI, crime system.

This is the police of Cyberpunk...

Between they can't even drive because there's no driving AI in this game.

It's insulting to even put this embarrassment in the same sentence with RDR2.

Last edited:

Madflavor

There's difference between finding some retarded shit and borderline non existant NPC AI, crime system.

This is the police of Cyberpunk...

Between they can't even drive because there's no driving AI in this game.

It's insulting to even put this embarrassment in the same sentence with RDR2.

RDR2 had much better AI than CP77. But I don't see it as the gold standard.

TJC

I really find this game throws to much filler at you, driving into a new area will trigger the fixer for that area to ring you and then it will add side missons to your journal. It would be served better if they requested a visit from you and pick up the first mission that way.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I really find this game throws to much filler at you, driving into a new area will trigger the fixer for that area to ring you and then it will add side missons to your journal. It would be served better if they requested a visit from you and pick up the first mission that way.

It would have been better to actually discover the fixers yourself instead of them magically knowing right when you entered their area and somehow have your number.

Last edited:
Seems that one of the glitches that is on both pc and console is a nude glitch in which your character still has their underwear on in the game world, but not in the character menu despite all clothing being removed. The CDPR site has a topic about it and one of the moderators did state that it's a known bug and not censorship, like some there are reeeing about.
Warning: Site topic contains NSFW screencaptures from in game, AND potential for spoilers: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...irrors-photo-mode-bug.11041100/#post-12293528

Last edited:
Top Bottom