• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters
It is a better RPG. Witcher is a better story driven game

Get over it

Better rpgs dont level with you and have uninspired fetch quests lol look at you, cant even articulate why thats the case because you dont even know why its a "better rpg"

Admit you just like running around being able to kill whoever so you feel "free" lol

Say it again, so we dont have to take you seriously. The same dude whos shitting on cyberpunk thinks skyrim is a better rpg than the witcher 3. And the kid cant articulate why, his shit perspective that i might have had when i was 12, permeated through his articulation of this game.

People like you are the reason bethesda still even has a chance.

Better rpgs dont level with you and have uninspired fetch quests lol look at you, cant even articulate why thats the case because you dont even know why its a "better rpg"

Admit you just like running around being able to kill whoever so you feel "free" lol

Say it again, so we dont have to take you seriously. The same dude whos shitting on cyberpunk thinks skyrim is a better rpg than the witcher 3. And the kid cant articulate why, his shit perspective that i might have had when i was 12, permeated through his articulation of this game.

People like you are the reason bethesda still even has a chance.

Your only fucking argument that Witcher 3 is a better RPG is because enemies don't scale with you

Whoopdy fucking do. Even Assassin's Creed did that and i'm certainly not going to call them good RPGs either

CDPR only saving grace is its writing right now. That's it

Skyrim is a better RPG than Witcher 3 though. There’s actual character building and an interesting world to explore outside of the main quest. It’s why it’s played by more people every day 9 years after it launched.

What interesting world? The reason why its still played is because of mods so we could TRY and make it a better rpg lmao

Like you no, leveling that doesnt scale, weapons that degrade, better quests, more loot variety and weapons that are locked to levels. You know...shit witcher 3 had upon release.

Understand what people really want from an rpg. A hardcore rpg. Skyrim is a CASUAL rpg dumbed down from its predecessors.

Last edited:

cripterion

How did you feel about the witcher 3?

And how far did you get?

And what game do you find better right now, reccomend one that shits on this game

I loved the Witcher 3 and its expansions. I completed the game and didn't have issues with its length, but I didn't go to every single question mark in Skellige.

The story isn't grabbing me at all right now, I took the nomad route and started following the critical path till I got a bit of freedom and doing a bit of free roaming.

So far it's a lot of car rides and annoying phone calls. Gunplay is ok I guess, probably should have bumped to hard cause it feels easy for now.

Skill system since fairly simple, not too sure about crafting, so far the loot as been pretty bad, maybe it's all that junk I keep looting.
I dunno it's not grabbing like I thought it would and I'm not liking the first person view, just my preference but I'm more a 3rd person guy.

This is probably the most disappointed I’ve been in a video game since Spore. Everything about it is either mediocre or bad. Playing on PC with a 2070S, about 25 hours in now and forcing my way through. I’m not sure what people see in it. Visually it’s ugly as hell. There’s no sense of scale to the city at all. All of it just looks flat and cluttered with terrible sight lines. Aesthetically it’s atrocious with terrible coloring and uninspired design. Add in all the technical visual issues (shimmering, inconsistent lighting, pop-ins) and it’s just a fucking mess to look at.

The way the world reacts to your character is a joke and what you’d expect from a game in 2008. It’s so static and superficial. From the atrocious AI to the window dressing cityscape, there’s really nothing to explore and experience within the world itself. How is this the same studio that made Wild Hunt’s world with its cascading sequences of world building where you’d constantly stumble into something that would uncover a mystery or expand the game’s mythos.

The combat is just as bad as the rest of it. The guns look and sound good but that’s about it. The way enemies react to bullet impact is so inconsistent and bizarre. And of course the AI is as dumb as can be often not even realizing where you are despite being literally right next to them. I’m playing on hard and there’s just no flow to the combat whatsoever. I guess that should have been expected after Wild Hunt but I didn’t think it would be this bad.

I dunno. I guess the narrative is... fine? I’m not in love with the story and think some of the dialog is incredibly awkward. I’ve also experienced a lot of sequencing issues too where I’d do something and get an interaction where it’s clear it didn’t line up with what I had done or not done. Just another example of showing the game is all too scripted without reacting to what you’ve actually experienced.

Ktotheroc

Neo Member
She did. She just didn't interact with some of the systems and now I know why

I thought she didn't like RPGs. Turns out its just because this is a bad RPG

She didn't. She's a reviewer, but decided not to interact. She said she didn't want to when asked. If it was an error on the game's part, she's still a problem, because she didn't detail it when reviewing. Instead, she made it sound like she didn't care about mastering/completion of the game, which is her job.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
What interesting world? The reason why its still played is because of mods so we could TRY and make it a better rpg lmao

Like you no, leveling that doesnt scale, weapons that degrade, better quests, more loot variety and weapons that are locked to levels. You know...shit witcher 3 had upon release.

Understand what people really want from an rpg. A hardcore rpg. Skyrim is a CASUAL rpg dumbed down from its predecessors.
The Witcher 3 is more of an elaborate adventure game, not really an RPG outside of dialogue choices. If you aren’t sticking to the main quests there isn’t much to do or see in the world. It’s very lifeless and boring. More similar to an Ubisoft game, which is weird because they specifically said Skyrim was a huge influence for Witcher 3.

bxrz

This is probably the most disappointed I’ve been in a video game since Spore. Everything about it is either mediocre or bad. Playing on PC with a 2070S, about 25 hours in now and forcing my way through. I’m not sure what people see in it. Visually it’s ugly as hell. There’s no sense of scale to the city at all. All of it just looks flat and cluttered with terrible sight lines. Aesthetically it’s atrocious with terrible coloring and uninspired design. Add in all the technical visual issues (shimmering, inconsistent lighting, pop-ins) and it’s just a fucking mess to look at.

The way the world reacts to your character is a joke and what you’d expect from a game in 2008. It’s so static and superficial. From the atrocious AI to the window dressing cityscape, there’s really nothing to explore and experience within the world itself. How is this the same studio that made Wild Hunt’s world with its cascading sequences of world building where you’d constantly stumble into something that would uncover a mystery or expand the game’s mythos.

The combat is just as bad as the rest of it. The guns look and sound good but that’s about it. The way enemies react to bullet impact is so inconsistent and bizarre. And of course the AI is as dumb as can be often not even realizing where you are despite being literally right next to them. I’m playing on hard and there’s just no flow to the combat whatsoever. I guess that should have been expected after Wild Hunt but I didn’t think it would be this bad.

I dunno. I guess the narrative is... fine? I’m not in love with the story and think some of the dialog is incredibly awkward. I’ve also experienced a lot of sequencing issues too where I’d do something and get an interaction where it’s clear it didn’t line up with what I had done or not done. Just another example of showing the game is all too scripted without reacting to what you’ve actually experienced.
Then don't play? You hate everything about the game but spent 25 hours on it?

Your only fucking argument that Witcher 3 is a better RPG is because enemies don't scale with you

Whoopdy fucking do. Even Assassin's Creed did that and i'm certainly not going to call them good RPGs either

CDPR only saving grace is its writing right now. That's it

lmao I already told you the quests are objectively better which is the heart of a game, the leveling is a HUGE deal for progression, and the loot variety and quest incentives are BETTER, the enemy variety is better, the perks and add on systems are more expansive as well.

saying all i said was the leveling is some dishonest shit.

admit it, you cant come up with anything outside "I have more freedom" to give skyrim any argument that it isn't a casual fuckboy RPG. Like I said, the shit we had to mod INTO it to make it a hardcore rpg is shit the witcher 3 had upon release

quests, leveling, loot variety, weapon degradation that stops weapons from being eternally used, choice, crafting, attachments.

witcher 3 exceeds skyrim in all of these things. but the fact that it levels with you ALONE and has shit quests, takes it out of cntention.

and the same kid that is too stupid to notice any of these things, has the conceit to try and post a loud opinion on this game.

go play skyrim, it's all you can process.

lmao I already told you the quests are objectively better which is the heart of a game, the leveling is a HUGE deal for progression, and the loot variety and quest incentives are BETTER, the enemy variety is better, the perks and add on systems are more expansive as well.

saying all i said was the leveling is some dishonest shit.

admit it, you cant come up with anything outside "I have more freedom" to give skyrim any argument that it isn't a casual fuckboy RPG. Like I said, the shit we had to mod INTO it to make it a hardcore rpg is shit the witcher 3 had upon release

quests, leveling, loot variety, weapon degradation that stops weapons from being eternally used, choice, crafting, attachments.

witcher 3 exceeds skyrim in all of these things. but the fact that it levels with you ALONE and has shit quests, takes it out of cntention.

and the same kid that is too stupid to notice any of these things, has the conceit to try and post a loud opinion on this game.

go play skyrim, it's all you can process.

Are you fucking trolling right now lmao? I mean you're seriously saying the skill tree in Witcher 3 is better than Skyrim? Jesus christ I hope CDPR is paying you above minimum wage in poland right now

The quests are better, so like I said, it's a better story driven game. That's it. No one likes weapon degration btw. It's the most annoying mechanic ever introduced.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 is more of an elaborate adventure game, not really an RPG outside of dialogue choices. If you aren’t sticking to the main quests there isn’t much to do or see in the world. It’s very lifeless and boring. More similar to an Ubisoft game, which is weird because they specifically said Skyrim was a huge influence for Witcher 3.

I literally just told you the systems that made the witcher 3 more of an RPG. and you blatantly ignored it. it being a sandbox, doesn't make it an RPG.

have ever even looked at the hardcore rpg mods for Skyrim?

do you not value anything that I just listed that makes it an RPG? no? then you dont really like fucking rpg's. you like sandbox games.

the game levels with you and has worst quests and also poor loot diversity and quest rewards, how in the fuck is that a better rpg.

sandbox=/= rpg lmao

Then don't play? You hate everything about the game but spent 25 hours on it?

I’ve been anticipating this game for 7 years now. So yes, I’ve played a lot of it. I’ve played enough to come to a conclusion. If I had said the same after three hours you’d probably say I hadn’t played enough to make those criticisms.

And, it is very likely I won’t play much more.

Are you fucking trolling right now lmao? I mean you're seriously saying the skill tree in Witcher 3 is better than Skyrim? Jesus christ I hope CDPR is paying you above minimum wage in poland right now

The quests are better, so like I said, it's a better story driven game. That's it. No one likes weapon degration btw. It's the most annoying mechanic ever introduced.

quests are PART OF AN RPG, arguably the BIGGEST part. and once again, you're ignoring the leveling and loot variety and quest incentives. rpg's that level with you are casual, the mods will show you this. clearly you've never even modded skyrim or spent much time on the nexus which shows how fucking casual you are lmao

weapon degradation in oblivion made it to where if I got umbra, other swords were still viable and there was still a REASON to explore. otherwise if i got Umbra, that's a wrap, I have the best weapon in the game, no need to explore further. er go Skyrim.

casuals were too dense to deal with such a concept so the devs DUMBED it down.

once again,

quests, leveling system, loot variety/quest incentive, are the heart of what keeps an RPG going and have incentive to even play.

witcher 3 is better at all of these things.

saying Skyrim is a better RPG is a noob ass bro take I expect from the guys I know at the fucking gym lol

and you expect anyone to take your viewpoint of this game seriously?

Last edited:
quests are PART OF AN RPG, arguably the BIGGEST part. and once again, you're ignoring the leveling and loot variety and quest incentives. rpg's that level with you are casual, the mods will show you this. clearly you've never even odded skyrim or spent much time on the nexus which shows how fucking casual you are lmao

weapon degradation in oblivion made it to where if I got umbra, other swords were still viable and there was still a REASON to explore. otherwise if i got Umbra, that's a wrap, I have the best weapon in the game, no need to explore further. er go Skyrim.

casuals were too dense to deal with such a concept so the devs DUMBED it down.

once again,

quests, leveling system, loot variety/quest incentive, are the heart of what keeps an RPG going and have incentive to even play.

saying Skyrim is a better RPG is a noob ass bro take I expect from the guys I know at the fucking gym lol

and you expect anyone to take your viewpoint of this game seriously?

Man using mods as a constant argument lmao

I'll tell you now, if Witcher 3 had decent modding tools people would be fixing it the same way they fixed Skyrim. I sincerly hope CDPR actually gives the community some proper modding tools this time around because dear god does this game need it.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
I give Lego Land 1977 a 10/10 on my ps5

EpD-0lNXEAYyQOl

bxrz

I’ve been anticipating this game for 7 years now. So yes, I’ve played a lot of it. I’ve played enough to come to a conclusion. If I had said the same after three hours you’d probably say I hadn’t played enough to make those criticisms.

And, it is very likely I won’t play much more.
I don't think you were anticipating it that much if you think it looks bad visually and the city looks bad and boring. It looks exactly how to does in the trailers/previews. I'm going to assume you didn't like it then so why would you like it now

Kacho

Gold Member
I literally just told you the systems that made the witcher 3 more of an RPG. and you blatantly ignored it. it being a sandbox, doesn't make it an RPG.

have ever even looked at the hardcore rpg mods for Skyrim?

do you not value anything that I just listed that makes it an RPG? no? then you dont really like fucking rpg's. you like sandbox games.

the game levels with you and has worst quests and also poor loot diversity and quest rewards, how in the fuck is that a better rpg.

sandbox=/= rpg lmao
giphy.gif

The newest Assassin’s Creed games are carbon copies of Witcher 3 and I would necessarily classify them as RPGs.

Man using mods as a constant argument lmao

I'll tell you now, if Witcher 3 had decent modding tools people would be fixing it the same way they fixed Skyrim. I sincerly hope CDPR actually gives the community some proper modding tools this time around because dear god does this game need it.

lmao oh look, you have no fucking argument. being dishonest and cant even understand the point I just made regarding why the rpg systems is the #1 thing changed about skyrim on the nexus, and people mod in the hardcore rpg systems that already exist in the witcher 3 upon launch.

seeing how bad you are at arguing for skyrim, makes me realize that cyberpunk is just fine lol you are SO bad at arguing for rpg's and look at you, giving up and trying to distort my points while making no argument for skyrim because you fucking are incapable of doing so.

you cant even rpovide a retort to the weapon degradation point I just made about Umbra, you cant argue for the level scaling in skyrim, and you cant argue for the quests.

you fucking lost this argument but you have too much pride to shut the fuck up, otherwise prove it by arguing why skyrim has better quests (LMAO), or better enemies that don't scale with you (LMAO), or better loot diversity (LMAO)

so long as you make these shit arguments and try to move the goal post, nobody should take yur casual ass seriously as far as an opinion regarding cyberpunk.

assofcanwhooping thinks skyrim is a better RPG than the witcher 3, even though it's RPG systems are casual in comparison. and assofcanwhooping can't articulate why it's a better rpg outside of more or less saying it's a sandbox. And can't argue against it's level scaling, poor quest design, and poor loot diversity/quest incentive

this same person, likes skyrim more than cyberpunk 2077. go figure.

lmao oh look, you have no fucking argument. being dishonest and cant even understand the point I just made regarding why the rpg systems is the #1 thing changed about skyrim on the nexus, and people mod in the hardcore rpg systems that already exist in the witcher 3 upon launch.

seeing how bad you are at arguing for skyrim, makes me realize that cyberpunk is just fine lol you are SO bad at arguing for rpg's and look at you, giving up and trying to distort my points while making no argument for skyrim because you fucking are incapable of doing so.

you cant even rpovide a retort to the weapon degradation point I just made about Umbra, you cant argue for the level scaling in skyrim, and you cant argue for the quests.

you fucking lost this argument but you have too much pride to shut the fuck up, otherwise prove it by arguing why skyrim has better quests (LMAO), or better enemies that don't scale with you (LMAO), or better loot diversity (LMAO)

so long as you make these shit arguments and try to move the goal post, nobody should take yur casual ass seriously as far as an opinion regarding cyberpunk.

assofcanwhooping thinks skyrim is a better RPG than the witcher 3, even though it's RPG systems are casual in comparison. and assofcanwhooping can't articulate why it's a better rpg outside of more or less saying it's a sandbox. And can't argue against it's level scaling, poor quest design, and poor loot diversity/quest incentive

this same person, likes skyrim more than cyberpunk 2077. go figure.

Take a trip to the low sodium cyberpunk reddit. You definitley need it

giphy.gif

The newest Assassin’s Creed games are carbon copies of Witcher 3 and I would necessarily classify them as RPGs.

the newest assassin creed games?

1. why are you even buying those? do you not know generic games when you see them? the fact that you bought those games, but are all hesitant about cyberpunk tell me alot about you as a gamer.

2. the newer assassins creed games like origins are more or less trying to be an open world RPG. it's just bad at it. there's a difference lmao

the only things that makes an RPG an RPG to you is...an open world that you can interact with more? thats not a fucking RPG thats a sandbox kid. the systems are what make a game an rpg

how...how are we confused about this?

Take a trip to the low sodium cyberpunk reddit. You definitley need it

look guys, no argument again from mr. skyrim.

this is what people do when they can't really argue, but want to create the perception of "not losing the argument" lmao sad.

your take on skyrim is terrible lol noob take, understand your games better, I know more about that game than you do and I dont even like it.

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
the newest assassin creed games?

1. why are you even buying those? do you not know generic games when you see them? the fact that you bought those games, but are all hesitant about cyberpunk tell me alot about you as a gamer.

2. the newer assassins creed games like origins are more or less trying to be an open world RPG. it's just bad at it. there's a difference lmao

the only things that makes an RPG an RPG to you is...an open world that you can interact with more? thats not a fucking RPG thats a sandbox kid. the systems are what make a game an rpg

how...how are we confused about this?
My point is that Witcher 3 was bad at being an open world RPG, just like the Assassins Creed games. Witcher 3 had decent writing and an occasionally interesting story but not much else.

Cyberpunk feels much more like an RPG from the little I’ve played. It has an interesting world to explore, more in-depth character building and you can create a personalized character. You know, things that made Skyrim a good RPG.

Impressive systems you have there

you need to post some other persons opinion, instead of arguing the points that were made.

seems to me that you are inundating yourself with negative opinions on the game, in order to confirm your bias.

which you could do for any game. I can find PLENTY of videos shitting on Skyrim or GTA or RDR2.

what are YOUR arguments countering everything I said about it as an RPG?

also you just moved the goal post AGAIN. shut the fuck up, you think skyrim is a harcore RPG and cant tell me why or argue against my points, you lost. and you autistically started posting a hate video.

do hate videos not exist for RDR2 or GTA or SKYRIM? lmao such a stupid thing to post.

you need to post some other persons opinion, instead of arguing the points that were made.

seems to me that you are inundating yourself with negative opinions on the game, in order to confirm your bias.

which you could do for any game. I can find PLENTY of videos shitting on Skyrim or GTA or RDR2.

what are YOUR arguments countering everything I said about it as an RPG?

also you just moved the goal post AGAIN. shut the fuck up, you think skyrim is a harcore RPG and cant tell me why or argue against my points, you lost. and you autistically started posting a hate video.

do hate videos not exist for RDR2 or GTA or SKYRIM? lmao such a stupid thing to post.

That's no hate video. It's pure footage showing some of the shittest AI systems in modern AAA gaming

Accept it

My point is that Witcher 3 was bad at being an open world RPG, just like the Assassins Creed games. Witcher 3 had decent writing and an occasionally interesting story but not much else.

Cyberpunk feels much more like an RPG from the little I’ve played. It has an interesting world to explore, more in-depth character building and you can create a personalized character. You know, things that made Skyrim a good RPG.

I jst told skyrim wasnt a good rpg because of it's systems.

when an rpg has bad quests and level scaling, that pretty much eliminates it from being a "great RPG" how many times do I need to repeat that. you just like interacting with the open world...that doesn't make it an rpg.

with that logic final fantasy or any top down game isn't and rpg either.

Better writing isn't an RPG system you donkey

I like how you intentionally say "writing" instead of quest design. because quest design is an rpg system, and the witcher 3 and cyberpunk are very good at that which you dont want to concede, so you degrade it down to "writing"

also, I love how dishonest you are in acting as if I only made talked about writting (quests)

wait I thought I only talked about level scaling before? now I only talked about writing? lmao which is it? you looking real suspect asswhoopin

I like how you intentionally say "writing" instead of quest design. because quest design is an rpg system, and the witcher 3 and cyberpunk are very good at that which you dont want to concede, so you degrade it down to "writing"

also, I love how dishonest you are in acting as if I only made talked about writting (quests)

wait I thought I only talked about level scaling before? now I only talked about writing? lmao which is it? you looking real suspect asswhoopin

What quest design?

You mean go here, track this, kill this?

I'm not taking you seriously after you had your little retard moment. It's that simple. Turn down the sodium

Last edited:
What quest design?

You mean go here, track this, kill this?

I'm not taking you seriously after you had your little retard moment. It's that simple. Turn down the sodium

wait every quest in the witcher 3 and CP ended in combat? I didn't know lmao

what retard moment? i actually made arguments, you didn't. you're incapable of defending your game properly.

and oh wait, so now you're saying the games have bad writing? I thought you conceded it's writing was good, lmao you're all over the place, you REALLY don't want to like these games.

you work for bethesda? is that you todd howard?

Last edited:
wait every quest in the witcher 3 and CP ended in combat? I didn't know lmao

what retard moment? i actually made arguments, you didn't. you're incapable of defending your game properly.

and oh wait, so now you're saying the games have bad writing? I thought you conceded it's writing was good, lmao you're all over the place, you REALLY don't want to like these games.

Where did I say the games have bad writing? The sodium is fucking with you mate. Turn it down before you really do have a breakdown

Where did I say the games have bad writing? The sodium is fucking with you mate. Turn it down before you really do have a breakdown

bad quest design is typically derived from bad writing, conceptually.

it's okay Todd Howard, I know this game is a threat to your legacy. But you should look at it as an inspiration more so than anything, and there are plenty of kids, new to rpg's that will use your games as stepping stones to this one. so you'll always have a place.

Last edited:
bad quest design is typically derived from bad writing, conceptually.

it's okay Todd Howard, I know this game is a threat to your legacy. But you should look at it as an inspiration more so than anything, and there are plenty of kids, new to rpg's that will use your games as stepping stones to this one. so you'll always have a place.

No, you dumbass. Lmao

The Witcher 3 quest design overuses this template

Get Quest->Follow Trail->Use Witcher Sense->Reach Objective->Fight.

That's not good quest design. That has nothing to do with the quality of writing though

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

IMO, I think this game would have been better served being a graphic adventure title.

I am enjoying the game so far, I didn't get too into the hype and did not really watch much about the game.

The game that changed by thoughts about viewing trailers was KH3, KH3 made me pretty much not want to look at new trailers ever again. 80% of the game was practically in the trailers and it honestly ruined so much for me. Maybe having this idea forward could be why I am enjoying this game more.

Last edited:

Blood Borne

My brother received the game on Thursday and today, he traded it for another game.
To paraphrase what he said “the game is full of bugs and hiccups, but most importantly, the game itself ain’t that fun. It’s no different from Rage 2 with tacked-on RPG elements. It’s meh.”

Anyone else here share similar sentiments about the game?

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Didn’t CDPR advertise this as an open world sandbox? I’m not sure why that giggling poster keeps making the distinction between RPGs and sandbox games. There’s nothing that prevents an RPG from being a sandbox game. In fact, that’s explicitly what CDPR sold this game as.

Top Bottom