• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Review Thread

Should we lock this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 196 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 628 76.2%

• Total voters

Armorian

Banned
Some bits taken from the GamesRadar+ Review

As I mentioned in my preview, while Cyberpunk 2077 offers up the more traditional dialogue choices, it also comes the closest to mimicking human interaction. No longer do you need to "press X to interact" with someone, just go up to them and start talking. You can choose to pick up on something else that's happening in the room mid-conversation if you want, speak to someone else for a bit, or simply just walk away. The choices you make may not always cause the story to divert dramatically, but you'll never quite know how far-reaching your decisions are until you've made them.
Even after 50+ hours with Cyberpunk 2077, which includes seeing my first ending and completing all the main side quests, I still feel like I have plenty to see in Night City. Gigs still litter the map, fixers still call me for help, and I've not even started my car collection yet.
The only bugs I've encountered to date have mostly been visual - like missing vehicles, floating weapons, or random stuck menu bars - and have been easily fixed with a quick save and reload.

I like the pros:

• Most immersive game world to date
  • Absolutely gorgeous
  • Freedom of choice in story and combat

imsosleepy

from the ign review: ''It’s a shame that frustratingly frequent bugs can occasionally kill an otherwise well-set mood, ''
I dont get it, you are a god dam reviewer, you know it wil get patched out just like the witcher. Why weigh it in your review? when I read the ign conclusion it sounds like a 10 but they gave it a 9

Bergoglio

"Just ban all Cyberpunk threads and from now on if X game affects X minority group, said minority group should have veto power on everything related to that game here (general discussion, OT, review thread, etc) or even put them in charge of the OT if they want to."

HAHAHA!

PotatoBoy

I was ready for bugs, and I was ready for static environments and "waypoint chasing" like in Witcher 3.

What I was hoping CDPR would accomplish, though, was the actual "immersive sim" goal, where you have a wide variety of ways to engage in a situation, like in Deus Ex or even Fallout. Sounds like they just made Witcher 3 "in space."

Too bad. I'll still enjoy it, of course.

PotatoBoy

from the ign review: ''It’s a shame that frustratingly frequent bugs can occasionally kill an otherwise well-set mood, ''
I dont get it, you are a god dam reviewer, you know it wil get patched out just like the witcher. Why weigh it in your review? when I read the ign conclusion it sounds like a 10 but they gave it a 9

That's BS. You can't reward companies for shipping buggy and unpolished products like that. If anything they should be harsher.

xrnzaaas

Damn, so many people complaining about the main story being shorter. I've only finished The Witcher 3 once despite playing the game a lot in three different playthroughs.

Bugs should definitely be mentioned and taken under consideration in the review. Ffs don't let the companies ship more and more broken games. Is it so hard to expect to play the game comfortably on day 1 instead of waiting for it to be patched? (and who knows how much will be fixed in the end)

Last edited:

FunkMiller

tenor.gif

Dude... I didn't read it, remember.

giphy.gif

So not underwhelming but a bit overpromised i think about some aspects like the world it self.

Otherwise it lives up to my expectation and i am happy about the game

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
e9P29R5.png

I'm all for trans representation, but surely this cannot be the deciding factor in a review? At least 18 mentions on Polygon's review.
lol wtf is wrong with the world. Nobody cares if there are trans in game or elfes or whoever, whatever...
It's a product of a company. YOu can't please everyone in every game. YOu can take any game and say not enough gay, straight etc...
it's just idiotic thing to judge a game lower because it does not represent your feelings, ethnicity or what You have in pants. By that standard, I should be mad at Tomb Raider because I don't play at 31yo nerd so this means nerds are missrepresented...
Fuck this trend of having to make everyone happy. It is truly impossible and would ruin the narrative of every game.

Also - cdpr is a polish company. Polish people kinda barely tolerate gays. Trans are also barely a go and the unicorn weirdos are laughed at. I know, I am polish.
This does not mean that cdpr/poland hates gay or trans people. NOT AT ALL. this just means they are not going out of their way to represent them because they don't know personally probably any people like that, it's not in the family, in media here, nowhere.
I am 31, work in a big company in poland(hiring over 1000 people) and believe me. There are no obvious gay or trans people. no black people... it's a slavic backwards country. Again - I don't mind/care. It's everyones personal preference who they are of course... But they cannot demand a wide representation just like that.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

Noo, I don't think developers should get a pass when it comes to bugs on the release date. As much as I love CDPR, they deserve lowered scores. How much, I cant tell but a game in which bugs kill the pleasure of playing doesnt deserve 10/10 score IMO.

Witcher III got a lot of shit for the state it was released on, and personally I had 0 issues with it. I mean nothing serious happened, mostly performance problems in some areas. It doesn't look like this will be the case here.

Last edited:

Freeman76

These cunts are a danger to themselves and society....seriously fucking disturbed set of individuals

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Any word on mission design? Can you take missions on different ways Deus Ex style?

FastyMar7

Neo Member
I'm so hyped man, I expected 80-85 becasue of the bugs, 91 is a dream, once the bugs get ironed out which they inevitably will be, it might be one of the best games ever made

GTA6 is going to lose all parody and extremes that GTA5 had, going by these loonies in the review and social media sphere, innit?

It was a few years ago now that Dan Houser said making a new GTA game right now would be tough because of how easily everyone is offended by everything and said "Both intense liberal progression and intense conservatism are both very militant, and very angry. " and REEEE were calling him a coward and saying they were over him etc because he called out liberals when he said both sides, lol. Basically just proving his point, even though what he said wasn't at all offensive, but factual.

You really can't say shit these days without these fools literally shaking and having meltdowns and tantrums. Just look at the Polygon CP2077 review.

South Park seems to be the only last remaining piece of media that hasn't stopped doing what they've always done, make fun of everyone.

Last edited:

Karunamon

I dont get it, you are a god dam reviewer, you know it wil get patched out just like the witcher. Why weigh it in your review?
A reviewer's job is to review what's in front of them, not what may be in front of them days, weeks, or months in the future. If you deliver a buggy thing to a reviewer, those bugs can and should be counted against it.

Keep in mind this game was delayed 3 times this year already for polishing, so there's little excuse.

Also keep in mind that most of the game's sales will happen very shortly after release, so regular people can be expected to run into bugs.

Last edited:
T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
God damn it, I peeked the reviews.

200.gif

I can handle a bit of jank and glitches, as long as the game is good. After Fallout, I'm used to buggy ass RPG games. Thanks Todd.

FastyMar7

Neo Member

Calls it the best game he has ever played

You don’t weigh your reviews on future patches. They made the right decision.

CloudNull

Banned
A reviewer's job is to review what's in front of them, not what may be in front of them days, weeks, or months in the future. If you deliver a buggy thing to a reviewer, those bugs can and should be counted against it.
And yet we are sitting around a 90 aggregate, kind of wild. I dont get all the doomers in here but whatever. Game is going to be one for the books.... I never even played Witcher 3 so I am extra stoked.

Why some reviews mention that there are occiasional glitches and some like gamespot etc said that game is swimming in glitches? Pretty strange

chris121580

I'm so excited to see such positive reviews. Currently pre-loading. This discussion between Bloodworth and Ben Moore is incredibly informative and and seems very positive. They are raving about how great Keanu is in the game which is good to hear!

Top Bottom