• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D.C. restaurant apologizes after hosting alt-right/nazi dinner with Sieg Heil-salutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...right-dinner-with-sieg-heil-salute/?tid=sm_fb

Cxl-W0RWIAAEUgy.jpg

A restaurant in Northwest Washington issued an apology Monday after hosting an alt-right, white nationalist event whose participants offered praise of Adolf Hitler.

The dinner, held Friday at Maggiano’s Little Italy in Friendship Heights, was sponsored by the National Policy Institute, a white nationalist organization that supported President-elect Donald Trump in the election and held a conference in the District to celebrate his victory. Protesters tried to confront those attending the dinner Friday, but were forced out by police.

On Monday, Maggiano’s apologized, saying that it was “the inadvertent site” of the protest and that it closed the restaurant for the safety of its staff and guests.

“This was a last minute booking made Friday afternoon, and the reservation was made under a different name, therefore we were not aware that NPI was dining with us or what the group represents,” Steve Provost, the president of the 51-restaurant chain, said in a statement posted to Facebook.

The statement also referred to a tweet sent by “an attendee . . . in which she made a ‘Sieg Heil salute’ in support of Hitler and white supremacy.”

“This expression of support of Hitler is extremely offensive to us, as our restaurant is home to Teammates and Guests of every race, religion and cultural background,” the statement said.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Doing that salute, is an insult to Americans that were killed in WW2.

Treason right there. This should in all honestly land them in jail.

studyguy

Yes that's Tila Tequila
Yes she's saluting like a Nazi
Yes she unironically talks about recruiting Hitler youth
Yes she's dressed up as a Nazi on her Twitter header
Yes this is what a Z list celeb looks like when they hit rock bottom

Jeels

I take the restaurant for their word, but all the restaurants in the DC area need to make sure these people don't feel welcome in the capital. Like some sort of active blacklisting.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I love how in these pictures coming out recently, there's like one black guy always far off in the background and moving out of frame like he's a rare sighting of Bigfoot or something.

Also, tasteless but unfortunately expected.

sphagnum

Banned
Yup, shes been a Neo Nazi for a few years now. Just look at her Twitter page, you literally cant miss it.

Funny thing is, if she ever got her neo nazi dream, she'd be among the first to be gassed.

Nah, Asians are honorary whites remember? They're the only other group that white supremacists can tolerate. Though they want them to stay in Asia.

What kind of world are we living in? How the hell does something like this happen in public? I get the behind closed doors stuff, but these a-holes are openly Nazis!

This is... wow...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Was curious why there was no thread on Tila earlier, saw these pictures this weekend.

I assumed it was some bad joke or something.

Mush

I just spent two minutes scrolling through her Twitter and now I feel like I need to go flush my brain down the toilet.

sphagnum

Banned
How can an asain be a Neo Nazi.

Like, fucking what. You're not even white..

Never heard of the Mongolian Nazi environmentalists I take it?

Nazis aren't quite as taboo in much of Asia as they are in the West since they werent locked in a death struggle with them like we were. They're still viewed as bad guys but you know how sometimes bad guys are seen as cool. It's fucked up.

nachum00

Apologize? How about not letting them book your restaurant in the first place?

Ok maybe they didn't know, but still.

And Tila Tequila? I vaguely recognize her name but have no idea who she is. Trash apparently.

studyguy

Tila doesn't deserve your attention fam. The fact that there was a Nazi dinner definitely does, but a literal has-been celeb gone neo-Nazi for the sake of garnering attention is absolutely not where the discussion needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom