• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D.C. restaurant apologizes after hosting alt-right/nazi dinner with Sieg Heil-salutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...right-dinner-with-sieg-heil-salute/?tid=sm_fb

Cxl-W0RWIAAEUgy.jpg

The guy on the left.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is she...asking to be sexually assaulted?

To be frankly honest, I think she's got a lot of inner self-loathing she vents out through sexual faucets. If you look at her ... "output" in recent years, there's been a lot of questionable things. Basically objectifying self, which is an individuals choice to make but it screams with everything else she may have some issues.

Man... I am so glad I barely know who Tila Tequila is. Also, what the ass... That guy with the round glasses looks like a fucking Nazi doctor stereotype.

I thought you needed to be blonde and blue eyed....and germanic to be considered super human

Im not talking about Tila here, but the four eyes (he has such a punchable face)

inky

Call a spade a spade. It's not "alt-right", it's Neo-Nazi.

Well, it's both, or either. That's how synonyms work.

The fact that they want to call themselves one thing or the other doesn't prevent us from understanding what they are about.

The fact that they want to call themselves one thing or the other doesn't prevent us from understanding what they are about.

Do you think the average person would blink at alt-right or at nazi?

Just because we know doesn't mean everyone does.

Someone needs to make a browser add-on that changes alt-right to Nazi or something.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Taking selfies of hitler salutes is the definition of trolling to me.

they work for a white nationalist think tank

trolling would be doing something to get a reaction not literally doing the thing you believe in that then gets a reaction. there's a difference.

phanphare

Banned
stay safe all my jewish brothers and sisters out there. we're getting to the point where we're so far removed from the holocaust that anti-semitism was bound to pop back up in full force at some point. tbh it's already been bad for a good while in places like france and italy.

Zaphrynn

In this case, I think it does. If I said "alt right" to my parents, they'd have no idea it was equal with neo-nazis, a much more well-known word. That's the point for these people. Not using "Nazi" allows them to hide more easily.

geardo

um, I think that the rest of the world would be wise to look elsewhere for international leadership during the next four years. America is going through some troubles right now.

mjc

Major hover hand skills for the guy next to Tila. Props.

BEAT LIKE THE WARRIORS IN THE FINALS FUCK

inky

Do you think the average person would blink at alt-right or at nazi?

Just because we know doesn't mean everyone does.

Someone needs to make a browser add-on that changes alt-right to Nazi or something.

In this case, I think it does. If I said "alt right" to my parents, they'd have no idea it was equal with neo-nazis, a much more well-known word. That's the point for these people. Not using "Nazi" allows them to hide more easily.

I understand that point perfectly, but if you look at what they are doing and how they are behaving and you still need it spelled out to understand... well, fucking hell, are you really paying attention or care enough in the first place?

The problem is not the name, or them trying to re-brand themselves, it's that for some reason that would be enough to fool otherwise "informed" people. It's not and it shouldn't be.

Karkador

Banned
Didn't we just have a thread about an interview with the founder of National Policy Institute claiming hate speech and swastikas and shit "are only expressions", trying to act like they're not about that?

Sakujou

Banned
i read some articles in germany, where some journalist wrote that trump isnt going to be that bad.

what.
the.
fuck.

RPGCrazied

Gross. Can we deport these people instead? I'd rather live with illegal immigrants than these Hitler supporting trash.

Eylos

Banned
Who is tila? I'm not from usa :/

About nazis and asians, nazis made an Aliance with Japan, but they still considered the asians as an inferior race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom