• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D.C. restaurant apologizes after hosting alt-right/nazi dinner with Sieg Heil-salutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

Man I feel embarrassed for her. Like myself, political forces in complete opposition to these neo nazis or whatever the hell they are allowed her family to come here and herself eventually amass a small fortune.

I don't understand. How can she not know they're against her at a basic, human level.

I give up.

Jag

Ironically, Cap's origins as a Brooklyn liberal who went to art school would earn him the classic alt-right monikers of 'SJW' and 'cuck' (funny that he's literally the former, a warrior for social justice).

I love this poster.

Who was created by two Jewish guys, Hymie (Joe) Simon and Jacob Kurzberg (Jack Kirby) to fight Nazis and domestic opponents to fighting them.

Simon said Captain America was a consciously political creation; he and Kirby were morally repulsed by the actions of Nazi Germany in the years leading up to the United States' involvement in World War II and felt war was inevitable: "The opponents to the war were all quite well organized. We wanted to have our say too."

My school does a lot of events there throughout the year. Their response is fine.

I'd hope to see new policies in place that if staff notices behavior like this, they can report to management and can have it shut down immediately and remove participants from the property. Something to add to the event agreement form/contract if it isn't there already.

I've done a little bit of digging on this story and apparently the restaurant was warned earlier by the protestors who was going to dining at their establishment, and still chose to honor the reservation, no doubt because of how much was being spent. Also, there initial response on facebook was lukewarm at best, and it wasn't until they faced significant pressure that they released an official statement and donated money.

Boney

Banned
If a fucking internet frog meme about a loser basement dweller can be categorized as hate speech how the fuck is the Nazi salute becoming acceptable.

Throw a big fine and a night in a cell to these fuckers

Keasar

World_War_2_Memorial.jpg

Each star on this wall represents a hundred American soldiers who died fighting in World War 2, fighting against the Nazi Reich, against Adolf Hitler, against fascism and all it stood for as well as their allies.

Beneath the wall is a sign that says "The Price of Freedom".

Talk about fucking pissing on the graves of those soldiers. All their talk about treason to their country of bringing in foreign elements, when their ancestors fought and gave their lives against the very ideals they now embrace.

I am a European, but as a European I have a lot of appreciation for everyone in America, Canada, Australia and many others outside of Europe who came to us and fought against the common enemy that was the Third Reich. Even I get offended at this shit.

bedlamite

Has anything happened to the guy on the left, though? Has nobody identified him yet?

I mean, how can you expose yourself like this and still expect to keep your job in this day and age?

There you have it. This is the reason why White women majority supported Trump even after his sexist, rapist comments. They threw feminism to the wind and supported racial politics. smh

Essentially. The fascist machine is cranking up unimpeded and these people know who they're coming for and don't want to get a boot on their neck along with the victims of fascism.

Crayon

World_War_2_Memorial.jpg

Each star on this wall represents a hundred American soldiers who died fighting in World War 2, fighting against the Nazi Reich, against Adolf Hitler, against fascism and all it stood for as well as their allies.

Beneath the wall is a sign that says "The Price of Freedom".

Talk about fucking pissing on the graves of those soldiers. All their talk about treason to their country of bringing in foreign elements, when their ancestors fought and gave their lives against the very ideals they now embrace.

I am a European, but as a European I have a lot of appreciation for everyone in America, Canada, Australia and many others outside of Europe who came to us and fought against the common enemy that was the Third Reich. Even I get offended at this shit.

This makes me sick
A few of my friends are immigrants from Poland and had grandparents in concentration camps(nazis hated catholics as well).
This hurts my heart like why do people view this way.
Why cant there be love? :(
Trump is our ner Hitler
Stay safe veeryone not straight and white
He gonna make life terrible for yall sadly and these groups are awoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom