• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D.C. restaurant apologizes after hosting alt-right/nazi dinner with Sieg Heil-salutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...right-dinner-with-sieg-heil-salute/?tid=sm_fb

Cxl-W0RWIAAEUgy.jpg

The guy on the left looks like a bizarro universe John Oliver.

studyguy

Who is tila? I'm not from usa :/

About nazis and asians, nazis made an Aliance with Japan, but they still considered the asians as an inferior race.

Think of her as a youtube star of the Myspace era who broke into television to host/star in some genuinely shitty reality shows no one cares about.

That's literally it. She might be crazy, she might just be looking for attention. It doesn't matter, she's 100% irrelevant.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

At least the fear of a backlash is still enough to force an apology, however sincere it may or may not be. It's a sign that, for now at least, people find naziism aka white nationalism aka the all-white, sorry "alt-right", to be a socially-condemnable ethos to embrace.

It will take people from all walks of life to repudiate and stamp down this hateful racism. We must remain vigilant.

JPLMD

Who is tila? I'm not from usa :/

About nazis and asians, nazis made an Aliance with Japan, but they still considered the asians as an inferior race.

Yea this. Surprised so many people don't know about a lot of self loathing especially amongst Asian women towards their own people. It's the result of brainwashing and belief that white is superior so they ingrain that shit.

Tila has a lot of mental issues, pretty sure I've read at some point she attempted suicide and has major substance abuse problems. More of a sad situation from the way I see it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I've seen this image a dozen times by now, and every time, something about the guy on the left really disturbs me (of course the entire thing is disturbing.)
I feel you on this. It's the dead and complete lack of empathy eyes...looking at you through a hollow shell.

WedgeX

Banned
I agree with this so much. Why is the media agreeing to this re-branding? They should state "The Neo-Nazi group, who wishes to be known as Alt-Right...?

Part of it is they re-branded themselves. And then Clinton tried to allow "regular" GOP members a way out by trying to draw a distinction between the GOP and the alt-right by calling them by their preferred name.

Doesn't change that they are nazis, though.

Breads

Banned
Can we call them racists now?

or will that make them 'hunker' down?

We aren't discouraging them either way.

We call them out to let them know they are unwelcome, to let individuals in the government know we're onto them, and to discourage other people from flirting with the idea.

Ponn

Banned
Call a spade a spade. It's not "alt-right", it's Neo-Nazi.

They should be called both at the same time for now. People have to make very clear the connection between alt-right and racism, bigotry, neo-nazism so they can't hide in the media behind the alt-right moniker. There is no way the media will call them neo-nazis outright. There are people that have no clue who Steve Bannon or Breitbart is like my mom and sister and just had no idea how bad his appointment was.

MechaX

She certainly had a long way to fall after her illustrious career of bisexual dating reality shows and a million Myspace followers.

It was all downhill for her after she got walloped by an airborne bottle of Faygo while performing at the Gathering of the Juggalos one year.

Christ and a half, this neo nazi bullshit needs to be snuff out now before it becomes normalized, and/or before Trump officially becomes Führer President.

Raven117

There really are no words....

Sure, I mean, there have always been these types of groups around the U.S....are there more of them now? Are they just now coming out of the slime in which they have been hiding? More media attention?

Regardless...mentally for me, its easy to write off the Nazi propaganda as a bunch of fringe skin-head dues (Ie American History X) style...but when you see that dude on the left having a "meeting" in D.C...it really brings into question whether this is truly widespread.

I mean....WHAT IN THE EVERLIVING FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE DOING?! That war took the world to brink stopping that evil, and the Nazi's made sure that their evil of genocide would be etched into the stone history of the world.

And now...this child is using their symbol?

I understand the reaction but I think people are committing a slight error here conflating an NPI conference with the Trump presidency. Or, rather: these people didn't just start doing this after Trump won, you've just started to see and hear about it. They didn't spring from nowhere.

There have been multiple NPI conferences where the exact same shit went on in the last year. Half of the speakers are American Renaissance regulars (read, an old man's alt-right) and AmRen has been going for years and years.

Also, some of you have pointed out that we should just call them Neo-Nazis. Well I think that's the whole point of the alt-right moniker. It creates discussion because nobody knows what it is, so any publication reporting on the phenomenon inevitably has to make some kind of effort to provide a definition... nobody ever had to tell you what a Neo-Nazi believes in, but Alt-Right talking points have to be raised at least partially to define what it is being talked about.

Mr. Sam

Ah, yes, the famous alt-right salute, as practiced by the alt-right party, during the 30s and 40s in alt-right Germany.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Friendship Heights.

Would have been interesting if it was a few streets down in the Adams Morgan area....

Those that live in DC will know what I mean. Adams Morgan is a very diverse neighborhood with a heavy dose of Latino.

Friendship Heights area is upper class area so it figures they would try to gather there. At least the restaurant apologized.

Verelios

Is that Tila Tequila?

....its that Tila Tequila?

That's fucking Tila Tequila doing a Nazi salute. Unbelievable.

Tila Tequila?

Tila's been off her rocker for years.

Yes that's Tila Tequila
Yes she's saluting like a Nazi
Yes she unironically talks about recruiting Hitler youth
Yes she's dressed up as a Nazi on her Twitter header
Yes this is what a Z list celeb looks like when they hit rock bottom

Yup, shes been a Neo Nazi for a few years now. Just look at her Twitter page, you literally cant miss it.

Funny thing is, if she ever got her neo nazi dream, she'd be among the first to be gassed.

Yup, she's gone batshit insane. This is her Twitter banner:

web

Yes, that's a Swastika around her arm.
You guys answered with the quickness, no hesitation! I faltered a bit since it could've been a look-alike but damn. Shame

Just came onto off-topic gaf to post about Westworld and my god this board has exploded with Nazi fuckers coming out of the woodwork left, right and centre. I'm English and was initially going to post something along the lines of "oh we had this after Brexit but the worst elements quickly fizzled out and our society isn't yet fucked and neither will yours be" but then I read some more threads and this is way beyond what is happening in the UK. This is crazy. And scary. This is a movement and the media (from what I've read on here, admittedly) is hedging their bets.

Batten down the hatches.

What the hell is wrong with people? How as this a good idea? We have an entire generation of Americans fight against this! You insult our veterans, our allies, and the countless people lost. Millions died! It is a completely disgusting side of humanity that should never be forgotten that it lead to atrocities like this...

Do I have to pretend these people have legitimate concerns I should listen to?

THIS is what their salute stands for
bergenbelsen124_v-contentgross.jpg

Seriously, people seem to not just get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom