• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D.C. restaurant apologizes after hosting alt-right/nazi dinner with Sieg Heil-salutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent two minutes scrolling through her Twitter and now I feel like I need to go flush my brain down the toilet.

Came here to post precisely this, maybe punch a few walls first on my way to the toilet.

I never carfed for this little shit head of a woman!
How can someone gain enough popularity in pop culture/media and then still turn out this fucked up, I don't mean simply crazy, like say Garry Busey or Lindsay Lohan crazy. fucked up as in a person with twisted beliefs and ideologies.

Came here to post precisely this, maybe punch a few walls first on my way to the toilet.

I never carfed for this little shit head of a woman!
How can someone gain enough popularity in pop culture/media and then still turn out this fucked up, I don't mean simply crazy, like say Garry Busey or Lindsay Lohan crazy. fucked up as in a person with twisted beliefs and ideologies.

Lol Tila is beyond irrelevant tbh. She's a prime example of a has-been.

commedieu

Banned
If these fuckers have their way my wife and child will be hung from trees. And they'll do the same to me but castrate me after. Fuck them. And anyone that makes excuses for them or downplays this.

They been doing it. Like the "national policy institute" for their name. It's a way to normalize White supremacy.

There is a kcrw interview with specter, spencer, whatever his name is.with a black dude.

He wants a white state. He's the real deal.

Saya

Tila needs serious help. I think she had a stroke a while back due to a drug overdose and hasn't been the same since. She's become completely delusional, paranoid, and insane.

Bold One

A feminist/female friend of mine made the below remark in regards to the amount of support Trump has among women:

Given the current political climate the best place for a woman to be is in the arms of a White Man.

What?!!

I97k6js.gif

Tila Tequila is an attention whore. She use to date many black guys. This is her way of getting attention no matter the cost. Don't even give her the time of day.

I completely forgot that Tila Tequila was a thing until now. I actually watched her dating show when she got guys and girls together and went, "lol, I'm bi," to their shocked faces.

An Asian girl named after a Mexican drink is a Nazi, fucking hell.

G0523

It's like these kinds of people haven't learned the lessons Nazi Germany went through in the 1930s and 40s. Like they didn't see what happened when it all went to shit. Why do these people exist? They're probably Holocaust deniers or defenders too. I understand that people who don't know history are doomed to repeat it but do we all have to go through it too?

I get that this is the United States of America and we all have freedom of speech and whatnot, but have a little class and knowledge for fuck's sake!

Wow, I just had a thought. This is like the final expression of the baby boomer's counterculture rebellion against their parents. Elect a Nazi to the presidency.

How about supplementing that apology with a fat donation check from the profits made hosting a Nazi rally? They may not have meant to allow these types of people in their establishment but they were more than happy to take their money eh?

FWIW it looks like they did exactly that.

On Friday night, Maggiano’s in Friendship Heights was the inadvertent site of a protest that caused us to close our restaurant to protect the safety of our Teammates and Guests.
The protesters were upset because of a banquet we were hosting for a group called the National Policy Institute (NPI). This was a last minute booking made Friday afternoon, and the reservation was made under a different name, therefore we were not aware that NPI was dining with us or what the group represents. After the event, an attendee sent a tweet in which she made a “Sieg Heil salute” in support of Hitler and white supremacy. This expression of support of Hitler is extremely offensive to us, as our restaurant is home to Teammates and Guests of every race, religion and cultural background.
We want to sincerely apologize to the community of Friendship Heights for inadvertently hosting this meeting, which resulted in hateful sentiment. We want you to know that at the suggestion of one of our Guests, we are donating the profits from our restaurant sales on Friday, $10,000, to the DC office of the Anti-Defamation League, which for decades has been working to bring people together in peace and understanding.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
A feminist/female friend of mine made the below remark in regards to the amount of support Trump has among women:

Given the current political climate the best place for a woman to be is in the arms of a White Man.

What the fuck are you saying?

studyguy

The biggest irony is that Tila is now trending after years of living in obscurity but only as the butt of a giant nazi joke for getting the boot off social media.

ISOM

There you have it. This is the reason why White women majority supported Trump even after his sexist, rapist comments. They threw feminism to the wind and supported racial politics. smh

Chuckie

About nazis and asians, nazis made an Aliance with Japan, but they still considered the asians as an inferior race.

Hitler said:
Pride in one's own race – and that does not imply contempt for other races – is also a normal and healthy sentiment. I have never regarded the Chinese or the Japanese as being inferior to ourselves.

Just saying.

Laieon

The most fortunate thing of this all is there's a generation grown now who absolutely doesn't know who that is. Lucky them.

I feel like I'm part of a generation who should know who she is, but still has no idea.

I've been hearing about her for what feels like 10+ years now. I'd put her in the Kim Kardashian bin. I've heard of both of them, but have no clue why they're famous.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
I remember a simpler time when Burning the American Flag was lauded by Republicans all over the country. Now for them it's not okay to do that but it's okay to use Hitler's hand sign.

Ridiculous.

Oppo

Call a spade a spade. It's not "alt-right", it's Neo-Nazi.

"Alt-right" is a term invented by this scum specifically to obfuscate their true nature and help make white supremacy more palatable. I won't be using it any longer.

this is the thing. they know it's naziism. they know it.

that's why they book restaurants like this:
This was a last minute booking made Friday afternoon, and the reservation was made under a different name, therefore we were not aware that NPI was dining with us or what the group represents.
... and not loudly and proudly.

so yeah i think i agree. alt right is a useless term. or rather it's a term for us, to ID people who are basically wannabe nazis but can't admit that yet.

this is the thing. they know it's naziism. they know it.

that's why they book restaurants like this:

... and not loudly and proudly.

so yeah i think i agree. alt right is a useless term. or rather it's a term for us, to ID people who are basically wannabe nazis but can't admit that yet.

The problem is that for the world at large, Alt-Right just sounds like the latest wave of young conservatives. Like Tea Party from last cycle. So people who aren't actively for it may still easily turn a blind eye because they aren't aware of what's actually being said by a person who passingly says this is what they are into now.

Tuffty

Saw this yesterday and was scrolling down Tila's timeline, it was literally her talking about imagining her own reality that she could have superpowers and how she manipulated traffic with her superpowers to get her home early.

You can't get too mad at her really, she has multiple screws loose.

I feel you on this. It's the dead and complete lack of empathy eyes...looking at you through a hollow shell.

That's some of it.

He's looks stereotypically Jewish and he's doing a Nazi salute?

Hmm, I don't know about t that.

I think it's more the smugness and complete belief that I see in him. He's not striking this pose to be funny for the camera or to be 'edgy'; you can tell that he 100% believes this ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom