• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

flippedb

Banned
01. Give Life Back to Music - good
02. The Game of Love - bad
03. Giorgio by Moroder - very good
04. Within - good
05. Instant Crush - bad
06. Lose Yourself to Dance - bad + Pharrell = very bad
07. Touch - excellent
08. Get Lucky - bad
09. Beyond - bad
10. Motherboard - good
11. Fragments of Time - excellent
12. Doin’ It Right - good
13. Contact - very good

jokkir

And we will never be alone again
Cause it doesn't happen everyday
Kinda counted on you being a friend
Kinda given up on giving away
Now I thought about what I wanna say
But I never really know where to go
So I chained myself to a friend
Cause I don't know what else I can do

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Maybe it's cause I don't like traditional edm at all, but Contact kinda rolls right off of me. It does build up really well, but it's just boring to me :(

mooooose

I mean it's probably because I LOVE Pharrell more than I even like Daft Punk but I love Lose Yourself to Dance and Get Lucky a lot.

Contact is the shit.

Haven't checked out the whole album yet though.

isny

napkin dispenser
Am I the only one who really likes instant crush. It's really the track that's standing out the most to me.

Ran rp

I love N.E.R.D but Pharrell ruins Lose Yourself to Dance. His voice is just too jarring here. At least he sounds better on Get Lucky on the full track.

KingKong

Listening to it now, I liked Give Life Back to Music but everything else has been just really bland, like it's not bad technically but I have no desire to listen to those tracks a second time

flippedb

Banned
PSY・S;57695660 said:
I love N.E.R.D but Pharrell ruins Lose Yourself to Dance. His voice is just too jarring here. At least he sounds better on Get Lucky on the full track.

My thoughts, exactly.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
PSY・S;57695660 said:
I prefer LYTD to get lucky. Should have been the first single IMO.

Shitty day at work, feeling irratable. Puts Contact on the highway home. Epic 90 mph drive with a great release of chills when the song lets up at the end.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
PSY・S;57696052 said:
Is it really that serious.
No matter the situation, "FUCK YOU PITBULL" is always an acceptable response.

MThanded

Even though I have listened to this album like 10 times straight through I am more hype than ever to receive the vinyl.

Bombless

First time listening to RAM (while playing SWTOR). Giorgio comes up and I really dig it, then 5:16 along and I litteraly gasped and stopped playing. Didn't resume until the song ended.

So good.

MThanded

Based mayne, based

4KPdJaq.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
Listening to it for the first time since yesterday, Touch is a damn fine track. Didn't like it much on the first listen but it has grown on me.

Shaneus

FUCK YOU, PITBULL
I like it.

FUCK YOU WE ALL HAVE OPINIONS. NO OPINION IS WRONG EXCEPT THE ONES THAT SAY THIS ALBUM ISN'T FIVE STARS ZOMG.

For what it's worth, the last 3 months have been huge for me personally with 6 MAJOR albums I was intensely looking forward to, with this being the last I got to hear:

New Bowie
New James Blake
New Phoenix
New Vampire Weekend
New National
New Daft Punk

RAM has grabbed me the most out of the 6, which frankly says A LOT, because all 6 have been damn superb. Great, great year so far.
Oh my. You're not aware that Jacques Lu Cont has a new album, are you? Or that he produced the upcoming Pet Shop Boys album?

I'll just leave this here, then. I had a feeling I was going to be more looking forward to the new PSB album over RAM a few weeks ago (when Get Lucky just came out) and I think I'm now even more hyped for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDCU17wXktY

Hell, I might even create an |OT| for it.

Fjordson

PSY・S;57695660 said:
Yeah, hate his vocal on there.

The non-vocoder vocals in general make the songs they're on worse for me. Panda Bear, Paul Williams, Pharrell. Todd Edwards on Fragments of Time is the only one I don't mind.

MThanded

I have no idea what's the problem people have with Pharrell's voice in either song.
Admittedly I am extremely biased. Love N.E.R.D. and his solo album(especially the live instrument version that never got released, produced by questlove).

I still have an In Search of... vinyl that is unopened.

Blader

I have no idea what's the problem people have with Pharrell's voice in either song.

Me neither.

Bring Life Back to Music, Lose Yourself to Dance, and Doin it Right are the standouts for me. Giorgio is a great, epic track but the length + monologue brings it down for me. Contact is cool too, but it's a giant build up that just fizzles out at the end, not sure what all the love is about.

Great album though, has a much nicer flower than any of their other regular LPs (I say regular because Alive 07 is clearly the champ).

I've listened to RAM a few times and I can't think of a single thing I don't like about the album. It's beautiful and so well layered. The stream sounds surprisingly good through my speakers.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my. You're not aware that Jacques Lu Cont has a new album, are you? Or that he produced the upcoming Pet Shop Boys album?

I'll just leave this here, then. I had a feeling I was going to be more looking forward to the new PSB album over RAM a few weeks ago (when Get Lucky just came out) and I think I'm now even more hyped for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDCU17wXktY

Hell, I might even create an |OT| for it.

Can't fucking wait for the new PSB's album.

Top Bottom