• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

Ah, so that's where it's from. So cool.

I believe they mention in the Radio 1 interview that they wanted some kind of countdown for an introduction to a track. So they ended up contacting Nasa who gave them access to alot of their stuff which led to them picking that clip because DJ Falcon's nickname is Bob.

I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that right.

What's with the French and their sincere love of things that people elsewhere (mostly) like ironically?

Daft Punk - Disco*
Justice - Hair Metal
Air - Lounge
Phoenix - Soft Rock*

Was the 'proper' way to respond lost in translation?

*I love both

Thank God there are still artists out there like this. I've had a lifetime full of people liking stuff ironically and making near parody homages to them.

Fragments of Time is so good. Find your happy place and bask in the music.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I need to stop listening to contact.

I need to buy more pants.
Invent time machine. Go back in time. Get song into 2001: A Space Odyssey.

tumblr_m7yfon9GoQ1qeh4lio1_500.gif

Maedhros

Loving it so far (track 4).

Daft Punk is the only eletronic music that I really listen. In general, 90% of the music I hear is metal and rock (specially progressive). They are really amazing.

DJ88

Damn it! I can not stop listening to Touch, I completely agree with Daft Punk saying its the core of the album. A true masterpiece.

I'm really enjoying reading this thread and seeing how everyone has completely different favorite and least favorite tracks.

Ran rp

After listening to it all day my top five are:

Give Life Back to Music
Doin' It Right
Beyond
Motherboard
Touch

Honorable mentions:

Fragments of Time
The Game of Love

I want to hear Horizon.

Solo

I do believe the ending 1-2 punch of Doing It Right/Contact are my two favorite tracks. Talk about ending the album with a bang!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Fragments of Time just blossomed for me, now taking the melody and the lyrics in context of every track that came before.

Damn album keeps changing shape like a rubik's cube every listen.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry I just can't believe that will.i.am remix is in any shape or form legit. There's no words to describe that fucking 'horror'

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
That Will.I.Am remix is not legit. I mean Will.I.Am is bad....real bad....but that's clearly a joke. I'm sure the real remix will be a bit more, uh, musically coherent than that.

Majine

Banned
I think I'm reaching a point where I can stand back and look at it all. It's really good. Expertly constructed. Something familiar, yet it feels new. It's not as good as Discovery tho.

RoKKeR

Get Lucky album version is a mixed bag. The extended intro and bridge with the Daft voices are incredible, but the extended bridge with Pharell is boring and drags on too long. It also has a few really weird and sudden transitions.

Still a fun song.

Ran rp

The second half of Motherboard when the drums kick in reminds of Radiohead for some reason.

Oh my god if Thom was a collaborator on the album. I wonder how that'd turn out.

Mordeccai

I gotta say the first track on this album to have the honor of being stuck in my head is Lose Yourself to Dance. Its so god damn catchy.

I was playing it in my car today while at a car wash with do it your self vacuums and couldn't help but notice the girl next to me bobbing her head to the music. At least I think it was to my tunes, didn't hear any coming out of her ride. An employee walked by my car and was trying to emulate the high pitched "Lose yourself to dance!" lyric and it made me laugh, he came up and asked me what I was listening to because he said he loves disco and motown. Pretty sure I inspired him to buy the album when he releases because he loved that track and Get Lucky.

Contact has wayyy too much energy at the end though, my head feels like its going to explode with all the noise building in pitch for the entire back half of the song. I can't decide if I love it or hate it.

tanuki

I can't get over how huge Lose Yourself To Dance is.

The drums are somewhere between something off Prince's Sign of the Times or Bowie's Let's Dance, the melody is reminiscent of If I Was Your Girlfriend (one of my favourite Prince tracks), the incredible vocoder melody with a 2Pac California Love feel, NILE RODGERS, and how relentlessly catchy the whole thing is.

Goddamn these robots.

sephi22

Can't decide what the top song among these 3.

Instant Crush
Contact
Touch

All 3 are instantly recognizable when I hear them. All 3 get different emotions from me. I can listen to all 3 without getting tired.

Top Bottom