• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk - RAM lOTl - They're nice robots, they chose to stay.

cacophony

listening again..Game of Love is such a bad 2nd track. it kills all the momentum after Give Life. i think thats why a lot of people dislike it

Addi

Made my first Gif, I'm sorry Daft Punk

ibl6OU0VbdXnFq.gif

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I have no idea what's the problem people have with Pharrell's voice in either song.
He doesnt do a very good falsetto.

IceCold

After multiple playthroughs, Giorgio by Moroder is still my number 1. It's like 5 songs in one. Can't wait for the inevitable remixes.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Pretty much an amazing album start to finish.

Maybe not a lot of singles but something I can see myself listening to all the way through over and over and over and over.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
spent today walking around the city listening to the record and just doin my usual.

it was a good day.

listening again..Game of Love is such a bad 2nd track. it kills all the momentum after Give Life. i think thats why a lot of people dislike it

Have to agree. I like the song, but having that and Within in the first 4 tracks gives the album a more plodding start than it deserves. It's why I much prefer the second half of the album because, despite some songs still being slower, it doesn't feel like any one song stops the groove dead in its tracks. Stopping it just as it's got going was a misstep in my opinion.

Blader

Pretty much an amazing album start to finish.

Maybe not a lot of singles but something I can see myself listening to all the way through over and over and over and over.

I think Doin It Right and Lose Yourself to Dance are single worthy.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Here's my list. S is the best, F is the worst. Dope album overall. Definitely going to be listening to it for a while.

S:
-Instant Crush
-Doin' it Right
A:
-Give Life Back to Music
-Giorgio
-Contact
-Lose Yourself to Dance
-Touch
-Get Lucky
-Fragments of Time
B:
-Within
-Motherboard
C:
-The Game of Love
-Beyond
D:
E:
F:

This album is really sterile and there's a definite lack of energy to it. Even in more upbeat songs like Get Lucky it sounds like Pharrel is going through the motions. I think some of the tepid reactions are completely warranted. If Human After All was an exercise in laziness, this album is Daft Punk taking an incredibly boring direction. At least this time they can blame it on the people they collaborated with.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fragments of time is godlike. You can't even really put the song in a box. I could see this being played on a lot of different stations.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Sounds fine to me...
Well it's not god awful, it just doesn't help that I think of Prince singing LYTD when I hear it.

This album is really sterile and there's a definite lack of energy to it. Even in more upbeat songs like Get Lucky it sounds like Pharrel is going through the motions. I think some of the tepid reactions are completely warranted. If Human After All was an exercise in laziness, this album is Daft Punk taking an incredibly boring direction. At least this time they can blame it on the people they collaborated with.

I couldn't disagree more. They managed to capture a lightning bolt here. It's a wonderful ride and I'm getting a lot of ASMR from it.

I'm also very glad that you never have nor ever will have any influence over their musical decisions.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No chance man.

Its also my least fav track so im biased.
We will see. I think it has a lot of crossover appeal. It's one of those look back and reflect, graduation, wedding reception songs. Almost bluegrass country adult contemporary with a modern feel.

It won't be on your urban/ pop stations most likely but it will get plays on country and adult contemporary stations.

I love the song though. Love the bluegrass feel.

mattiewheels

I can't see it played on anything but dad rock stations. I like it a lot but its super cheesy and sounds like a novelty song.
The steel guitar is amazing on it. But yeah, I don't know what to make of that song.

jtb

Banned
I'm a Fragments of Time hater. Not really feeling that one at all.

Now, Instant Crush on the other hand... perfection.

bomma_man

What's with the French and their sincere love of things that people elsewhere (mostly) like ironically?

Daft Punk - Disco*
Justice - Hair Metal
Air - Lounge
Phoenix - Soft Rock*

Was the 'proper' way to respond lost in translation?

*I love both

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
About halfway through my first listen and loving it. In the middle of Touch.....soooo good

I couldn't disagree more. They managed to capture a lightning bolt here. It's a wonderful ride and I'm getting a lot of ASMR from it.

I'm also very glad that you never have nor ever will have any influence over their musical decisions.

I love the snark in the second sentence. Like it's supposed to invalidate my opinion or something.

Top Bottom