• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daily Steals Rush - 7 in 9500 Chance For $42 iPad Mini 3

daveo42

Banned
Oh god xbox. I just kind of lucked into that one.

Edit: I might have won one of the monkeys? I didn't get a loser credit for it but I never got an email.

yodandy

I'm im doing my math right, this is a 1 in 5200 shot in purchasing this Xbox one bundle for $33 right?

so a 00.019% change at 'winning' this?

I mean...why am I wasting my time? I suppose the odds are higher if someone doesn't claim it, but...what am I missing?

edit: disclaimer, first time trying this and I skimmed the FAQ, sorry if this has been answered.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'm im doing my math right, this is a 1 in 5200 shot in purchasing this Xbox one bundle for $33 right?

I mean...why am I wasting my time? I suppose the odds are higher if someone doesn't claim it, but...what am I missing?

edit: disclaimer, first time trying this and I skimmed the FAQ, sorry if this has been answered.
It's a 3 in 5200 chance

For the rush.

On a more serious note, even with the low chances, someone from GAF won, so it's not impossible. Actually two people won, but one wasn't able to claim it on time. You can't win something that you haven't tried.

It runs in the background while I'm working so it's not a time sync. It's a lottery you have to be present to win. If it's fun for you try it and if not no big deal.

toohectic

It's much better odds than the lottery. And you are only required to pay for the lottery ticket after you have won. It's great.

daveo42

Banned
Man...I've gotta go to lunch soon and this is taking forever. I should have gone earlier cause I would have been back in time for the end of this rush.

Also, what's the deal with the stream? They have a guy with his hands tied and duct tape covering his mouth...

Edit: not on the stream now I guess.

yodandy

It runs in the background while I'm working so it's not a time sync. It's a lottery you have to be present to win. If it's fun for you try it and if not no big deal.

It's much better odds than the lottery. And you are only required to pay for the lottery ticket after you have won. It's great.

Got it, I was just making sure! This is a no brainer to have open on 2nd monitor in a small window while I work all day.

surprised it takes this long for ~5000 people to opt in. I guess it's not as popular as I thought?

I still don't have an email about it so I would bet that's part of it. Last time they had a Rush with X1 (with about 4000 slots) and a decent heads up, it was gone in literally 30 seconds.

Ballistik

So I received an email about a minute ago that I won a rush, YES RIGHT NOW, for the monkey one. Then a few seconds later, received another email telling me that I missed the window to buy it, all in the same minute.

Edit: Seeing that a lot of people got the same e-mail! Oh well, some kind of glitch.

johnny956

So I received an email about a minute ago that I won a rush, YES RIGHT NOW, for the monkey one. Then a few seconds later, received another email telling me that I missed the window to buy it, all in the same minute. Uhhh... what?

Same here. I wouldn't have bought it but the emails were 1 minute apart

Gopro3
2 in 3500
$38 (I misheard the price, edited)
Time not announced yet. Only one dude on the stream today. Apparently the holiday party was crazy. It reminds me of the 30 Rock one where Liz made griz cry.

yodandy

Someone should build a script that crawls this page every minute for changes and then emails you if you sign up, they (Daily Steals) clearly arent email alerting us when it's Rush time.

Thanks for the heads up. This is the first time in a while that I've not gotten an email from them. Maybe this is punishment for me not entering yesterday's rush.

Got in, but it's crawling again. We got a list of what's coming up today?

This is the only one they said.

Thanks for the heads up. This is the first time in a while that I've not gotten an email from them. Maybe this is punishment for me not entering yesterday's rush.
They said they wanted to mix it up a little. Sometimes they'll email others they won't. They seemed to be operating at very low capacity because of the Christmas party.

Dhx

That's great! Congrats! Did you buy it?

Thanks! I did buy it.

Honestly, a little bummed that it looks like it's a GoPro Hero 1 and not a 3 given the price vs other rushes, but it's still a steal and I'll definitely get some use out of it.

NzeDDBQ.jpg

For those curious, when I won, It give a clear blue button in the area you usually click reserve that said "You've Won!"

Ran rp

Thanks! I did buy it.

Honestly, a little bummed that it looks like it's a GoPro Hero 1 and not a 3 given the price vs other rushes, but it's still a steal and I'll definitely get some use out of it.

NzeDDBQ.jpg

For those curious, when I won, It give a clear blue button in the area you usually click reserve that said "You've Won!"

270278,xcitefun-congratulations.gif

congratulations-comment-060.gif

Thanks! I did buy it.

NzeDDBQ.jpg

Did you get an email too? Was it the same email address as the rush notifications? I want to set a notification for it If it's different.

You may still score a three. They were pretty disorganized today and the guy said maybe it would still be a three even with the pic.

Gonna be a rush today apparently. Live stream will be starting at 12:50 PM EST apparently and they'll announce what they'll be giving away I guess. Hope its a SP3 and I actually win it lol.

They said they wanted to mix it up a little. Sometimes they'll email others they won't. They seemed to be operating at very low capacity because of the Christmas party.

Ah, thanks. I guess that makes sense...... and I am so totally replying to this super late lol.

EDIT: mmm don't want to double post so hopefully someone sees this...
Galaxy S5 16 GB $50/5000/2.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I actually won one of the three mystery boxes from today's Rush. Supposedly it's valued at $150 so I'll post an update once I receive it. Paid $20 for it. Anyone know what other people have received in their Rush mystery boxes?

Did you ever get your box yet?

Top Bottom