• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) praises ISIS's attack on Tehran.

LogN

This guy is insane. Positivity of a terrorist attack, even against a perceived threat is still an attack of terror.

KarmaCow

I appreciate the guy just barrelling through and denouncing the dipshit as he tried to justify his dipshit argument.

If he looses he's no doubt going to be hired into the Trump administration in some capacity after all he's supposedly paid for by the Russians.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Not only does he condone it, he seems to believe all Iranians hit by the attack are the enemy and wants to pin it as a Trump strategy. Dude must be somewhat reflective of the constituents that put him into that seat.

Not only does he condone it, he seems to believe all Iranians hit by the attack are the enemy and wants to pin it as a Trump strategy. Dude must be somewhat reflective of the constituents that put him into that seat.
Oftentimes people don't pay attention to anything below the presidential ticket and will just vote for the incumbent. Incumbents have something like an 85% reelect rate even in bad years for either party.

Madness

Why are Republicans so obsessed with Iran? Is it decades of Saudi oil money?

Part of it. Another main reason is Iran's hatred for Israel. If tomorrow Iran said we support Israel and its right to exist, Jerusalem belongs to Israel and the jews, 98% of American politicians would stop their obsession with Iran. But because unlike Saudi Arabia, they don't accept Israel, threaten it at times, they need to go.

The narrative that Iran is the largest sponsor of terrorism while the US is signing $110 billion dollar deals with SA is crazy. They hate that their puppet dictator the Shah of Iran was overthrown and an anti-American theocratic government now rules.

aeolist

Banned
after 9/11 there was an overwhelmingly sympathetic response from iran to the US, even though we've been treating them like shit ever since the CIA fucked up their government

this US response to this attack is all the more revolting in that light

zeemumu

With the change in feelings about nazis we've seen I wouldn't doubt a change in the way they view the deeds of isis.

I'd doubt it. The people who would excuse the actions of nazis are usually the same people who would also assume that every middle eastern person they see is probably ISIS.

Lev

I heard this guy has a crush on Putin too. Makes me wonder how the hell Trump turned the GOP into admirers of the Russian government when that goes completely against what their "greater leader" (Regan) stood for. It's kind of hilarious how the GOP didn't want Trump to destroy their party and ideals but they aren't stopping him. Tax cuts over morals, lol.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Republicans have learned that it doesn't matter how openly disgusting and inappropriate they are anymore. Their moronic deplorable base will vote for them no matter what. There's no hope for this country.

Republicans

Republicans

I think I'll only begin to understand them better if I take bath salts or some other equally messed up substance.

Trickster

Holy shit, watching that clip I figured he didn't know who was behind the things he was talking about, then the other guy reminds him that it was isis who had done it, and Dana just doubles down on it, like wtf man

Zaphod

This guy is celebrating the deaths of innocents at the hands of our enimies, but we're the inhumans for criticizing Trumps pitiful performance as president. What in the fuck is going on in this country? Do these shitbags have any shame or self respect left?

Clinton won the district last year, it's possible to get rid of him with good turnout.

But ive been around the neighborhoods of that area, and yeah, lots of deplorable people.

He and Darrell Issa should be Democrats' top targets in California. Both represent wealthy, traditionally Republican districts that voted for Romney but swung hard toward Hillary last year. These Republicans tend to be more educated and cosmopolitan (i.e., they actually know and interact with minorities) and bristled at Trump's racism. See also GA-06, another educated suburban district, where Trump won by 1.5 compared to Romney's 20+.

Now that the racist cat has left the bag, so to speak, these districts will likely continue moving toward Democrats. Changing demographics will help accelerate the process.

after 9/11 there was an overwhelmingly sympathetic response from iran to the US, even though we've been treating them like shit ever since the CIA fucked up their government

this US response to this attack is all the more revolting in that light

Agreed. Although Iran still has a ways to go in terms of moderation, the fact that they have been electing the more moderate politicians while Turkey has been going the more fascist islamist route has made me think that 10 years from now we are going to see Iran actually trying to be a NATO ally while Turkey gets completely kicked out of NATO.

Windam

Scaley member
"Is ISIS really so bad? What have they ever done to us? Have you ever heard an ISIS member say 'death to America!' in person, or only from CNN videos?"

Holy shit, watching that clip I figured he didn't know who was behind the things he was talking about, then the other guy reminds him that it was isis who had done it, and Dana just doubles down on it, like wtf man

They threw him a lifeline and he's so dumb he decided to choke himself with it lol!

yes, Iran is a MUCH worse terror organization that ISIS. every day we see more and more Iranian Shiites attacking European cities with horrific terror plots. when is enough enough? i agree with the representative, we should help ISIS destroy Iran and establish a good Saudi style wahhabist monarchy in Teheran! as he said it's what Trump would want too probably.

Top Bottom