• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Labrys

I didn't know about the first game. I just clicked trying to find out what kind of game this is. Now that I know it's on PSV I'm gonna go find the first one.

Here is the OT for the first game, I'm sorry if I came off as a bit harsh. This game is just really stupid with how easily you can get spoiled.

Hugstable

Banned
I didn't know about the first game. I just clicked trying to find out what kind of game this is. Now that I know it's on PSV I'm gonna go find the first one.

This also means you haven't been spoiled on anything really yet, (well maybe one thing you might be spoiled on, but you probably don't realize it yet haha) So go play now!! It's not too long and it's one hell of a wild ride all the way to the end!

Final prediction: The cook has to be the one controlling Monokuma. But then again Buya is kinda suspicious too...

I mean there has to be special circumstances for him being there at least. How can he be part of some school trip after the first game? :/

Chris R

Time to dust off and charge up my Vita. Wish I had this game this week instead of most likely the week after it releases due to slow shipping :(

JNA

Banned
Can't wait!

Sonya Nevermind looks like my new Waifu. Either her or Ultimate Gamer.

...please don't die. :(

I'm VERY excited for this. Danganronpa 1 was a huge surprise for me. It wasn't on my radar at all and it ended up being one of the best (maybe THE best) games that I played this year.

Hugstable

Banned
It's cool, we just didn't want you to get spoiled. It's a very plot heavy series.

Plus there are spoilers for the first game right in the characters in the OP, probably best for those who haven't played the first to not come in yet.

I'm VERY excited for this. Danganronpa 1 was a huge suprise for me. It wasn't on my radar at all and it ended up being one of the best (maybe THE best) games that I played this year.

Yup! I didn't plan to get the game until like the day before it came out, and I was instantly hooked once I started playing. It's still easily part of the top 3 games I've played so far this year. (Others being Kirby Triple Deluxe and Shovel Knight)

ss-hikaru

That only means you'll be playing this game at least twice~

Are there people who actually do that? Play a game twice using the different voices each time that is. You'd think you'd automatically be biased towards the first vocal track you used and not enjoy the second playthough as much?

CrazyDude

Final prediction: The cook has to be the one controlling Monokuma. But then again Buya is kinda suspicious too...

I mean there has to be special circumstances for him being there at least. How can he be part of some school trip after the first game? :/

You can never trust a cook who is not British and is not cursing at people all the time.

Labrys

Are there people who actually do that? Play a game twice using the different voices each time that is. You'd think you'd automatically be biased towards the first vocal track you used and not enjoy the second playthough as much?

I experienced the game with the Japanese vocal track the first time, and am still very much excited/looking forward to playing it with the dub. Same thing happened with the first game.

pariah164

After hearing repeatedly that this game is EVEN BETTER than the first, my hype is ridiculously high. Cannot wait for this to come out. Have not been this hyped since VLR came out.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, I wonder if I'll be able to stop myself from downloading the PSN version before my LE copy arrives.

Usually this would not be a problem for me, but I legitimately cannot wait to play this game even one second longer than I have to, and the last time my LE didn't arrive until 4 or 5 days after the release date. I'm getting the shakes thinking about it.

nikos

I really want to read this OT and participate in the thread, but I'm currently 19 hours into the first game. Trying to power through the rest of it as fast as possible.

FLD

Oh man, this one really snuck up on me. I've been anticipating it for months but for some reason I was still thinking of it as coming out "in a few weeks". It finally sunk in today that it's coming out next week. Really looking forward to it, I absolutely loved the first game and apparently this one is much better.

I started a new playthrough of the original a couple months back but stopped about halfway through. I think I'll go back to finish it as soon as I'm done with Disgaea 4.

Hugstable

Banned
I really want to read this OT and participate in the thread, but I'm currently 19 hours into the first game. Trying to power through the rest of it as fast as possible.

NOOOO don't look in this topic! Leave now and don't spoil the first game yet! Don't come back til you finish the final case lol.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, I wonder if I'll be able to stop myself from downloading the PSN version before my LE copy arrives.

Usually this would not be a problem for me, but I legitimately cannot wait to play this game even one second longer than I have to, and the last time my LE didn't arrive until 4 or 5 days after the release date. I'm getting the shakes thinking about it.

I'll probably double dip just cause I did like having a digital copy when I played the first game. Well unless NISA does the amazing thing and get the copy here before Labor Day.

Don't take this in a mean way, but I think you shouldn't come back here until you're done. :p

Ah time to experience another journey through: "Ah shit I didn't want him/her to die ;__;"

Might also be the only CE I'll buy from NISA EU's extortionist store...

Labrys

Who is voicing Chiaki? She seems like she is gonna be a fun character, hopefully she's a bit different from Kyoko

Christine Cabanos, she's also Madoka and Filia from Skullgirls.

....Dammit I forgot to put voice actors somewhere. I should do that.

Also I forget where I read it but I think they're shipping the 29th

SSnake

Only bought the first game because of gaf hype. It became one of my favorite games. Had the second one pre-ordered since March. Can't wait.

HYPED! Hopefully my Limited Edition doesn't take long to arrive even though I have the Standard Edition pre-ordered at my local EB too so I don't have to wait! :D

kewlmyc

We don't know, but they're supposed to start charging people who pre-ordered from the official store tomorrow, and some stores have already received their shipments of the standard edition.

Good thing I have enough money in my account.

Not even sure why I'm excited for this game considering I've already "finished it." Guess I want to see how the dub compares to the sub with certain characters.

Sooooooo fucking hype!!!

Thanks to GameStop and their trade-in deal, I almost paid off the whole thing already.

If it wasn't for the red mark on the sunglasses, I would've pre-ordered the LE.

Hugstable

Banned
Good thing I have enough money in my account.

Not even sure why I'm excited for this game considering I've already "finished it." Guess I want to see how the dub compares to the sub with certain characters.

Oh god I just realized what your avatar is and now I'm dying XD

Mamdio

Major Problem: I am already far too attached to about 85% of this cast.

The power of my love will keep everyone alive. The real twist: no murder!!!

Labrys

Speaking of JJBA, we actually have two voice actors that share characters from the Stardust Crusaders dub!

Ibuki is Holy Kujo, and Gundham is Avdol.

PK Gaming

Major Problem: I am already far too attached to about 85% of this cast.

The power of my love will keep everyone alive. The real twist: no murder!!!

tumblr_mph5kyU9N41rdhs82o1_500.gif

Top Bottom