• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched episode 2 of the despair dub and at the time though the script was really bad. Chiaki said something stupid and charicature like "everyone's too agro, no co-op" and then Chisa had a dumb line of "HPA, it's metamorphosing!" or something.

Now that I know Despair sucks though, the more off the rails the script gets the better.

Luigi87

Alright, done Despair arc...

You know, the whole brainwashing thing would have been so much better if they didn't realize that they had become despairs, and instead do atrocious things, yet thought they were bettering the world.

I mean, their speeches sort of imply something like that, but they know they're despairs so it's a moot point.

The music, visuals, puzzles, and Tokomaru combo make UDG at least a good game. I don't know if I'd describe Future arc as good, sooo

SDR2 >> DR1 >>>>>>> UDG >>Future >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Despair

1) Izuru almost certainly used the broadcast of the mutual killing game in DR1 to create AI Chiaki. he used his ultimate analyst ability to copy Chihiros work which kind of makes Izuru and Chihiro both the creator.
2) There was definitely some aspects of Hajime still present in DR2 despite what we had been led to believe.
3) Junko really did Juzo and Munokata raw compared to just about every one else. Killing them would have been much less tragic outcomes to each of them im sure.
4) I guess the difference in Komaeda's luck and makoto's makes sense. Komaeda's luck will always make bullshit bad and good things happen. Makoto's only really activates when he truly needs it. less predictable since you don't know when the heavens will decide he needs it. id also say makoto's luck is also more subtle than nagito's.
5) Future and Hope will be a 2 part conclusion to Future. prediction : most of the Despairs will be rehabilitated aside from Mikan(she was already teetering on despair without brainwashing), Teruteru(just seems the thing since he's a pervert), and Nagito ( cause he's batshit anyway ). Mastermind to be either Tengan, Gozu, Banda(very unlikely), Kizakura(very very unlikely), Nagito through pre-nwp machinations and luck, or Chisa.

PK Gaming

New something was off, really liked the games dubbed junko, this one is alright too but I'm not feeling it as much.

Amanda C. Miller is without a doubt one of the best VAs in the business, so I feel you. She brought this indelible quality to Junko that really made her memorable. The new VA is pretty damn solid too, but the "i'm a fashionistaaaaaaaa" direction only goes so far.

Gradon

Junko also says 'Yaass queen' in the dub haha. Amazing direction.

I miss Amanda C Miller, it's a sin that her and Erin Fitzgerald are in the anime but don't voice Toko and Junko.

Christhor

So I just recently beat DR1+2 and just got caught up with DR3 and I have a question. In DR2 Monokuma says that one of the profiles in the student profile book that Nagito got was fake, and that the fake one was the traitor's. But how does that make sense if Chiaki was a real person in their class? All of the student profiles should have been real.

Anyway, I V3 seems to be a soft reboot. It's not like anyone is into this series for the overarching plot. Everything was much cooler before they started explaining things, lol.

Drago

So I just recently beat DR1+2 and just got caught up with DR3 and I have a question. In DR2 Monokuma says that one of the profiles in the student profile book that Nagito got was fake, and that the fake one was the traitor's. But how does that make sense if Chiaki was a real person in their class? All of the student profiles should have been real.

Retcons

Christhor

I mean, I guess you could make the argument that Junko was just messing with everyone and there's not really a way to argue against that. That whole thing was weird in the game too though, Monokuma said that they had added the profile of the traitor but at other points they say that they don't know who the traitor is.

Eumi

I mean, I guess you could make the argument that Junko was just messing with everyone and there's not really a way to argue against that. That whole thing was weird in the game too though, Monokuma said that they had added the profile of the traitor but at other points they say that they don't know who the traitor is.
I think him saying he didn't know the traitor was bullshit, to hide that he couldn't directly harm them. If he said he knew who the traitor was, then people would start asking why he doesn't do anything about them.

Plus he couldn't reveal who they were since he was bound by the same rules as Chiaki and monomi. Probably.

Christhor

I think him saying he didn't know the traitor was bullshit, to hide that he couldn't directly harm them. If he said he knew who the traitor was, then people would start asking why he doesn't do anything about them.

Plus he couldn't reveal who they were since he was bound by the same rules as Chiaki and monomi. Probably.

Now that actually makes a lot of sense. And it was a good move to cause some of the students to feel uneasy... Or at least Kazuichi.

oldmario

after watching the last episode it came to thought, the "random" monokuma things that happen when you go to sleep in DR1 and DR2 are they the hypno videos that junko created and then we get a death afterwards? been a while since i played the games so my memory isn't that specific on the games

after watching the last episode it came to thought, the "random" monokuma things that happen when you go to sleep in DR1 and DR2 are they the hypno videos that junko created and then we get a death afterwards? been a while since i played the games so my memory isn't that specific on the games

No, the Monokuma Theater plays every night in both games.

Just T

Future Volume: 11

Well they solved part of the mystery, would have preferred Naegi breaking out of the brainwashing himself but ah well. What a scene that was though that was plenty creepy until Mondo butter just made it a bit funny. Juzo still is shit but points for saving Naegi and shutting the power off, doesn’t make up for what he did at all but still it’s noted. Kirigiri should have gave up her arm too, drastic measure but come on she could have tried something (let the cure theory be legit). Props to Naegi for also making the Mitarai connection. Tengan seemed pretty done in so someone must have his phone.
Now then…

Despair Volume: 11

This was…something. Will say the 78th Class cameo was great and found Naegi luck scene to be humorous. I was a bit surprised Mukuro seemed indifferent towards Naegi, know IF isn’t cannon but there was still something in DR: Zero, which they glossed over that besides the Junko outfit change so guess it already happened, alright then moving on. The DR2 cast last scenes were underwhelming once again to say the least and then skip to AI Chiaki who they make it seem like Izuru made her, which he has the talent for but what about Chihiro? Did Izuru collab with Chihiro during DR: Zero time or what, how did he come into this? And Chisa has been annoying with the crying then smirking, we got it, she’s manipulating him.

The good thing is this side of the story is finished. It was always below the Future Volume imo but it had some cool moments like the cameos, using it to tell backstories of the Future characters and I mainly just mean Seiko, it made me like her character. Junko first appearances were good too. Compared to the DR1 cast I always enjoyed the DR2 class less so my expectations for them in this wasn’t the highest but still gotta say it’s a bit disappointing. The initial trailer revolved around them yet they weren’t really even a main focus in this, they really are an afterthought. How they fell into despair was underwhelming too and one of the most nonsensical scenes in both shows, just standing there, still wtf. Also the whole Chiaki thing, I don’t think it was necessary to have her be a real person and didn’t buy into the connection she had with the class and vice versa, it felt empty and forced.

Well there is still one more episode of the Future Arc and now the Hope episode too. Hopefully it can close out nicely.

Christhor

Oh yeah and also for Future 11, how did Makoto get out of his ropes? In one scene he's struggling inside the ropes like crazy and in the next he's just sitting there with the knife. And why didn't they tie his hands together, when they knew that a knife was going to be involved?

And as for Despair 11, I have to agree with what some people were saying. it seemed way too sudden for Class 78 to just agree to spend the rest of their lives living inside the school. After they revealed that part in the game I expected it to have been after all of the world had gone to shit, but the only thing that happened was related to the school.

Permanently A

I don't trust Munakata, not one bit

7orQw61.png

Yeah, Munakata's comments make him seem super suspicious.

What if when he apologized after finding Sakakura's corpse, he was apologizing that he couldn't make it in time to stop him from ending the game?

Munakata isn't the mastermind. You people are overestimating this show yet again.

Honestly, I think I have had more fun speculating on possibilities of what the show could do than I have watching the show - and honestly, I think the show's pretty good honestly (though mainly because of Future, which is much more ripe for fun speculation).

That said, the contradictory information is really weird. Even if we called it bad writing, it's REALLY bad writing if they leave that contradiction unexplained. Munakata knows that he can't answer a question with a lie, he knows that he said he wasn't a Remnant, so why does he think he's a Remnant? He's not an idiot, after all.

That said, the contradictory information is really weird. Even if we called it bad writing, it's REALLY bad writing if they leave that contradiction unexplained. Munakata knows that he can't answer a question with a lie, he knows that he said he wasn't a Remnant, so why does he think he's a Remnant? He's not an idiot, after all.

I mean, that's up for debate.

Aren't you guys forgetting one little thing? This is Danganronpa, so the mastermind is Junko by default.

Pretty much. Junko's the tentpole that holds up the Hope's Peak Academy story, so to have the final chapter of a story she's been so prevalent throughout not involve her at all would ring hollow. At the very least, we should expect that Munakata/Tengan/Chisa/Nagito/still alive Despair!Chiaki/Revolver Ocelot/whoever the mastermind turns out to be will at least be enacting a plan that Junko formulated in case of her death to ensure that humanity never recovers or some shit like that.

I'm worried that F-12 will not sufficiently wrap the story up in a neat little bow. At the very least, I need Nagito to be the mastermind, because if he does not, it feels like they built Nagito up to nothing. Every single story has been giving him more and more character and creating more and more questions, so if he doesn't show up, I'm going to be cranky.

I don't care if it is Junko hand bullshit, I just want it to BE. If it isn't, Future's going to tank for me.

DESPAIR 11

Ahh poor Munakata, with Hope's Peak Academy overseas branch being cancelled and Juzo and Chisa betraying him. Whaaa is Junko wearing her attire from Zero? So it already happened? But wasn't Izuru hidden in an unknown place by the end of it? Chiaki's student place :(

Ahh why does Junko always does that? lol Memes! Poor security guards and students D: I suppose Nagito saved Ruruka, Izayoi and Seiko from being killed. Sweeet the song/theme from Chapter 5! Lmao I love how Kazuichi's like "I'm gonna get rid of air pollution!" while Akane's like "i'm gonna eat yo". "I could even be the president!" That's true o: Watching Nagito with the brainwashed eyes is lame :/ but his actions in Despair Girls make it seem like the previous Nagito is still in there.

So that explains why Nagito doesn't recognize Izuru at the boats. So Junko didn't even break Izuru or anything, that liar. Noooo Jin don't remain there. Such bros. Aaaand there's the mass suicide, ugh. I guess Junko is a talent-elitist too, poor Hajime was right. "Okay!" Wtf? If Mukuro already knew that possibility would happen, wouldn't she be happy when she gets pierced by Junko instead of surprised?

Yooo the DR1 guys again. Lmao at them using the exact same outfits with which they arrived to the school while the DR2 ones all changed them in some way. Leon and Ishimaru working together, Mondo helping Chihiro and Celes doing nothing <3 Get lost Sayaka. "Isn't he just some loser?" -> All MukuroxMakoto fans from If destroyed. Eh, Nagito would have evade that too. Pretty lame that even before the first game Makoto was treated like the best thing ever. So if you found Makoto defeating you to be despair, why did you try to kill him in chapter 5?

RIP Memories. So we get to see Izuru, Peko and Fuyuhiko, Sonia and Akane. No Kazuichi? :( Is that Ryota in the last building? Lmao how many times do we have to see Chisa hugging Munakata with the evil smile. Awwww I admit that the last scene gave me the feels.

Alright, so we didn't get to see any Zero story, backstories for the DR2 Cast, why Izuru hates Junko so much, who invented the Chiaki AI after all that confusion, no NWP program scene with Matsuda Chihiro and Miaya, no scene with Gozu Bandai or Miaya, no scene with the Hope Warriors or the Monokumas being made at Towa's, etc etc. Booooooo :/ Was dissapointed by the brainwashing too, and Chiaki existing solely to be killed. Only characters which I felt were true to the games were Nagito, Gundham and maybe Hiyoko and Hajime (since we only got three episodes of him). Enjoyed Teruteru and Peko more, while disliked Mikan and Mukuro a lot. I didn't mind the Future characters appearing, and even though I enjoyed watching Junko, I do feel she seems more lame here than in the games where she was menacing. She reaaaally got lucky, by having an Ultimate Soldier which obeys everything she says, meeting an Ultimate Animator with the ability of brainwashing, having Jun group her class in just one place, somehow not getting truly "discovered" while she was running around school doing everything, etc. and it seemed bs to me having Junko get motives from the whole Student Council and having the whole Reserve Course by her hand in such short time while also preparing the Zero events. Overall dissapointed by Despair Arc. I don't hate it, but it had so much potential.

Eumi

I seriously have to play ZTE. All the memes about COMPLEX MOTIVES are killing me.
They were so devoted to the whole anachronistic gimmick that they put all the high points in the middle before dropping off a cliff for the ending.

Well I didn't mind the end but I've seen enough bad reactions to know that I'm definitely in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom