• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despair 08

This one is pure setup for a fallout next episode, but damn if that wasn't intense. The fact that Mikan was clearly brainwashed by the video worries me about the whole Ultimate Despair origin story, but I hope Kodaka doesn't use such a lame plot contrivance when there might be a better alternative considering Junko's charisma and talent.

There's no way Chiaki will leave that place unscathed - she has seen both Junko and Izuru and is pretty much aware that they are involved in something. Considering the buildup, probably that comic with Kamukura and Chiaki may become truth.

And goddamn at Komaeda. I've always wanted to see him confronting Junko, and we got that here (with a dash of Mukuro vs Peko that's also appreciated). I believe that he is aware of everything that happened concerning that Student Council, but I want an explanation about how he related Junko and Mukuro to the incident. The show will probably not give that info, but I'd love to see how he defined his plans and let his luck take care of the details. Also, that comment about Nagito's and Izuru's luck was great, if a little recon that may be solved later.

And finally Kodaka remembered Matsuda's existence! I assume the events of Zero carry from the fallout here, so a non-voiced cameo was enough for now. As Junko was summoned by the Steering Committee and then questioned by him, I believe next episode we are going to see Chisa reporting her findings to the school (and Munakata), linking Enoshima to the incident and prompting the hiding of Izuru, but probably with a high cost (as Chiaki's status and Juzo's flashback implies).

If that timeline happens, I think the NWP won't be shown at all, as Matsuda is pretty close to death at this point and I don't believe it was made in so little time.

all I care about is that Mikan smiles. nothing else matters. Mikan is happy, she is cared about, she is loved, imposter is killing me -holy shit to think how he'd react if he saw mikan now-, everything about Komaeda was fucking god tier. I love it. Best episode so far.

Nohar

Well, we all saw the drop in animation's quality. That episode was definitly less enjoyable than the others because of it. On top of the bad quality, everything felt so rushed... Really disappointing.

I really hope the brain washing videos end up as a thing just for the reserve students. I don't want to see Junko's charisma going down the drain, but it´s getting harder by the minute.

Eumi

Ok, I feel like this has basically just confirmed a theory I've had for a while.

Nagito is going to be the true hero of the series, and it's ultimate villain.

He's gonna be the one who enables Junko to do her thing, and he's gonna be the catalyst for Naegi finally saving the world, all in the sake of hope.

I'm betting he'll never have really fell to despair beyond his natural state and will really have been waiting for the day hope would finally conquer the Ultimate Despair that is Junko.

Aside from that, great episode (although it looked like crap). Pretty sure that it's gonna be hypnosis that pushes the rest of the DR2 cast to be evil, but honestly I don't mind that. I never really bought Junko being able to turn them all individually (like, how the fuck do you turn Nekomaru to despair?).

Despair 8: AGHHHHH the cliffhanger goddamnit,
1 week to find out her fate
fuck. The animation quality dropped quite significantly here though it was still enjoyable to watch but I also wouldn't mind if they took a 1 week or so break so they aren't rushing episodes out of the door assuming this is why the episodes are a bit late lately.

Its safe to say that what Mikan referred to as her beloved can't be taken any other way than it being Junko after this.

Kalor

I really enjoyed that episode. Next week might finally be Chiaki's time to shine. I didn't notice the drop in animation quality though it makes sense considering they are doing two episodes a week.

Sakakura and Juzo are literally investigating the corrupt practices of the academy so the natural conclusion is to beat the living shit out of the people who are protesting because of their unwilling involvement.

Just... Just fuck those two.

Anyway, the episode was amazing and was actually the first time I've been more excited for Despair Arc than Future ark in over a month. That brainwashing thing is still garbage, though.

That was a really tense episode. It all ended up being buildup, but it had me on the edge of my seat just about the whole way through.

But it's fine. Chisa says everything's gonna be daijoubu, and why should I doubt her?
lol

DNAbro

Well apparently I'm the only one who didn't notice the drop in animation quality.

Super worried about Chiaki in the next episode.

Eumi

Sakakura and Juzo are literally investigating the corrupt practices of the academy so the natural conclusion is to beat the living shit out of the people who are protesting because of their unwilling involvement.

Just... Just fuck those two.
At least Munakata is Nagito levels of insane so it makes sense, but Juzo is getting harder and harder to justify. Dude needs someone to put him in his place in future. Hopefully it'll be Super Hope God Super Hope Hajime.

junko sure isn't the ultimate powerpoint creator, that word art, yeesh

also kodaka don't let the time spent in DR2 creating backstories that could possibly justify their turn to despair go to waste only to use a brainwashing anime instead please and thank you

Mikan was always gonna be by far the easiest one for Junko to get to but I still don't like they had to bring up the video like it was the sole reason for her fall.(guess I gotta really brace myself for the rest of the class getting the cop out brainwashing excuse)

lol was Nagito really gonna pull out the gun before Hiyoko interrupted him

yep there's that Yasuke cameo I was expecting, though this is still before Zero.

I wonder what's gonna happen with Peko, she just got into a deathmatch and we know Mukuro goes back to her normal school life in Zero. Just forgive and forget? Well I guess that kinda did happen a lot with Madarai in Zero, Naegi's chump ass just let it go.

PsionBolt

dgztdTa.gif

Best.

Did Komaeda read the script or something?

He needs to tell me if he read the script.

I'm sure that by complete coincidence, his long-lost uncle turned out to be on the anime production team. Just like how, totally by chance, the ED singer was out sick and they needed a replacement on the one day that he stopped by the studio for a visit.

Mukuro fighting Peko, Mukuro jumping in to set up Junko's presentation, Nekomaru needing two umbrellas, and Nagito pulling a gun on Junko were all pretty entertaining. The anime brainwashing I think is actually a good idea as long as it's there to supplement Junko's charm. Hopefully that actually happens.

Chase17

Izuru being just as lucky as Nagito was really cool. Brainwashing videos, not so much. Still really enjoyed the episode.
Yeah, that was fun.

Although, I wonder if the gun jamming was luck on Nagito's part since Izuru is the stepping stone he needs or something (sometimes I get lost in his rants).

Also enjoyed Nagito pulling a Victor Sullivan from Uncharted 1.

junko sure isn't the ultimate powerpoint creator, that word art, yeesh

also kodaka don't let the time spent in DR2 creating backstories that could possibly justify their turn to despair go to waste only to use a brainwashing anime instead please and thank you

You are going to get your dead Chiaki, your anime brainwashing and will fully understand dr2 cast were really chumps all along.

h0tp0ck3t

At this point I really can't see Chiaki being killed despite being teased about it countless times. She has had zero interaction with anyone from the Neo World Program, specifically Chihiro who created her AI in the first place. I mentioned before I thought there was a chance Chisa was in on Makoto's plan but I don't see that being the case now that I'm thinking about how dedicated she is to Munakata.

I'm thinking its going down like this. Chiaki's gonna recognize that Izuru is Hajime and he's going to relapse, probably freak out, and beat the shit out of Chiaki. Chisa's gonna come in the nick of time and rescue her. Juzo is finally gonna redeem himself and fight Junko, buying time for Chisa and Munakata get Chiaki to a hospital.

Now Izuru is gonna come back to his senses not knowing what happened. Junko tells him he killed Chiaki and that's gonna be when he hits despair.

Now once Chiaki is recovered she joins Future Foundation (13th branch head maybe) she finds out about Makoto's plan to save her former friends and wants in. Works with Alter Ego to modify Chihiro's AI into her image and bam now we have DR2

Another possibility is that the Chiaki AI was built from the memories Izuru had of the real Chiaki. After all, Izuru possessed all the talents.

MSMrRound

He didn't even find it himself.

He just clicked "I'm feeling Lucky"

That's a good one.

I liked how Nekomaru needed two umbrellas all by himself to shield him from the rain.

Did Gundham's 4 dark devas of destruction breed...or something? Never knew he had an army of them.

PK Gaming

Despair 8

I could talk about how laughable it is that the government MIGHT get involved, even though there was a literal massacre that went viral.

I could talk about the MIND CONTROL DESPAIR VIDEO, being a plot point.

But screw that. I'm going to talk about how the anime completely, completely, completely ruined Mikan.

Mikan's character in DR2 was a tragedy. She was someone who experienced so much abuse and bullying that it literally broke her. It was the fact that she never truly felt love that allowed Junko to come in and entice her into joining the Ultimate Despair. Junko gave her love and affection towards when nobody else in the world would.

Her entire character is predicated on abuse & love. But the anime says fuuuuuuuuuck that. Instead, let's have Mikan get kidnapped and Despair'd by some video, turning her Mikan into someone sexed-up Despair pig. They totally ignored how abuse completely shaped her. She went from being one of the most compelling characters in the series to literal garbage. And that my friends, is no bueno.

Well to be fair, it's not uncommon that educational institutions get shielded from government intervention (this is obviously an extreme example, but this is also an extreme universe).

Also, I'm definitely suddenly convinced that Chisa was on Makoto's side. She would do anything to protect her students, so doesn't it stand to reason that she would help there too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom