• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed the episode but the whole "don't unclench your fist" order seems impossible.

It's too unbelievable that he could fall asleep and keep it clenched into a fist. Though it was clearly a way to get him to sacrifice himself for Kyoko.

Enjoyed the episode but the whole "don't unclench your fist" order seems impossible. It's too unbelievable that he could fall asleep and keep it clenched into a fist. Though it was clearly a way to get him to sacrifice himself for Kyoko.

episode is officially out. no need to spoiler tag anymore. A lot of the NG codes seem unfair. You'd have to have a lot of control to not unclench your fist while sleeping though.
Ruruka is a pyschopath, and Seiko was the sane one. Little bit afraid for Kyoko being alone with Ryota. Up til this point, Kizakura's being keeping an out.

episode is officially out. no need to spoiler tag anymore. A lot of the NG codes seem unfair. You'd have to have a lot of control to not unclench your fist while sleeping though.
Ruruka is a pyschopath, and Seiko was the sane one. Little bit afraid for Kyoko being alone with Ryota. Up til this point, Kizakura's being keeping an out.

Ah alright, didn't really look into what the spoiler policy was on here, haha.

My guess is that Kirigiri's NG code is that she can't make assertions until she's completely sure she has enough evidence to back it up. Hence the statement about Kizakura's motives at the end, and her only giving her thoughts on Ruruka and Izayoi after a ton of evidence had piled up

If Izayoi has been controlled for quite some time, then his NG code was actually breaking the spell over him, I wonder if he actually came to, causing Ruruka to kill him.

Also, placing bets now, Ruruka is Junko (or more likely a remnant of Despair) somehow. The obvious answer is the biggest twist of all here

PK Gaming

My guess is that Kirigiri's NG code is that she can't make assertions until she's completely sure she has enough evidence to back it up. Hence the statement about Kizakura's motives at the end, and her only giving her thoughts on Ruruka and Izayoi after a ton of evidence had piled up

That, or it could be a case of Kyoko being Kyoko. That was her bread and butter in the first game.

My prediction for Kyoko's NG: she cannot reveal information relating to the attacker.

If Izayoi has been controlled for quite some time, then his NG code was actually breaking the spell over him, I wonder if he actually came to, causing Ruruka to kill him.

Also, placing bets now, Ruruka is Junko somehow

I'd be disappointed if that was the case. I'd be super happy if Junko didn't show up in Future. Not that I disliked the character, but it wouldn't be an interesting twist since they did it once already.

Debirudog

I think I'm sorta annoyed that Kodaka always manages to develop a character fairly nicely only to kill 'em off. Izayoi was really cool this episode.

e5e5a3d6f0124c2cb8d065fef211d5f6.png

always and forever

so now that we've gotten a "kyoko is in danger and needs to be saved" moment we'll be spared that towards the end of the series, right?

Opto

Banned
I started watching this when recovering from a hangover.

Jesus, Future Foundation, how the fuck did you even start winning if your leaders fall apart this quickly

Jesus, Future Foundation, how the fuck did you even start winning if your leaders fall apart this quickly

Izuru turned himself over. Nagito had wacky plans which also necessitated being captured. aside from Junko and Ultimate Impostor(who seems like a person who would probably be kind even in despair), those are the only two that are really leaders. without them, most of the unnamed despair probably fell apart leaving not much army to protect the other remnants.

basically, Junko, nagito, and Izuru were the only three effective leaders of Despair. it's not that much different than Future foundation having Gozu, Byakuya, Tengan, and Kizakura as really the only competent/not psychopathic heads.

Luigi87

Let them think they were winning so when they learn the truth they will fall further into despair!

kewlmyc

Izuru turned himself over. Nagito had wacky plans which also necessitated being captured. aside from Junko and Ultimate Impostor(who seems like a person who would probably be kind even in despair), those are the only two that are really leaders. without them, most of the unnamed despair probably fell apart leaving not much army to protect the other remnants.

basically, Junko, nagito, and Izuru were the only three effective leaders of Despair. it's not that much different than Future foundation having Gozu, Byakuya, Tengan, and Kizakura as really the only competent/not psychopathic heads.

I'm pretty sure The Ultimate Gangster would be a pretty good leader. Plus Despair seems to be treating Nagito as if no one ever liked him, so I doubt they would have followed him, even when they all fell into despair. Also, the prologue of DR2 showed that Nagito had no idea who Izuru was, and most of Future Foundation didn't know he existed. I was probably a wildcard who worked on his own.

Enjoyed the episode but the whole "don't unclench your fist" order seems impossible.

It's too unbelievable that he could fall asleep and keep it clenched into a fist. Though it was clearly a way to get him to sacrifice himself for Kyoko.

It would have been so easy to make it "don't grab anything with your left hand"... It would both work as intended and be believable.

It could still be Ryota or Komaeda. I really don't think this is Junko - just look at Monokuma's lack of presence and the lack of worldwide transmission (and even when he was around he spoke with a different speech pattern). The methods are just too different from hers.
But Nagito is still in a coma, isnt he. Ryota just seems like a nobody, but then people might not suspect him since he seems all useless and shit.....

What episodes is monokuma in so I know which dub episodes to skip.

Eumi

I'm pretty sure The Ultimate Gangster would be a pretty good leader. Plus Despair seems to be treating Nagito as if no one ever liked him, so I doubt they would have followed him, even when they all fell into despair. Also, the prologue of DR2 showed that Nagito had no idea who Izuru was, and most of Future Foundation didn't know he existed. I was probably a wildcard who worked on his own.
Everything we've seen seems to imply that all the remnants worked solo under Junko, aside from some of the obvious pairing s like Peko and Fuyuhiko.

Honestly I'm more curious as to what the hell Izuru even did. Dudes racked up a single indirect kill over the entire series at this point (unless I'm forgetting stuff?) but he's treated almost like he's Junko levels at times.

I wonder if he was never really into it and the reveal will be that he's in control of Hajime still but also on the side of hope.

h0tp0ck3t

Probably nothing but I just realized the jingle that plays when their NG code triggers is the exact same as the one that plays at the start of Chiaki's execution.

Chiaki mastermind

I'm pretty sure The Ultimate Gangster would be a pretty good leader.
Ultimate Princess and Team Manager too. Despite being goofy secondary characters here, I wouldn't say they were useless on their own.

What episodes is monokuma in so I know which dub episodes to skip.
I would just watch it anyway. Monokuma is in like three episodes (1, 2 and 4), and he only really has a large speaking role in the first. Even then it's not very long.

Permanently A

It's some side scrolling 2D mobile shoot em up game. DR characters are being added to the game's gacha and there will be special levels to fight monokumas.

it was announced at like summer wonderfes last month

a crossover with a mobile game that isn't all that super popular nor that many people in the west play it so nobody really cared :p

art's nice though

Just found out that the Danganronpa cross-over everyone has been waiting for was announced at some point earlier this month. No one told me about this.
So we got Naegi, Kirigiri, Hajime, Nagito and Chiaki, but no Togami :p
Pretty cool that Gundham got selected out of all other DR2 male characters.

Rich!

Despair tomorrow

I think shit is gonna kick off for real with the DR2 crew now. Or at least it had better do.

And I do think Izuru is a good guy despite everything we have been led to believe so far.

Despair tomorrow

I think shit is gonna kick off for real with the DR2 crew now. Or at least it had better do.

And I do think Izuru is a good guy despite everything we have been led to believe so far.

That would need Junko herself to happen, and considering the story is on the brink of getting into Zero territory (if Kodaka doesn't outright ignore it) it may not occur until she comes back.

Red Frost

Banned
I think they'll probably just skip Zero and assume the viewer is aware of it. That way more could be fit in regarding the collapse of the school and then society.

We'll probably have Junko talking about the memory erasing stuff, maybe her waking up as Ryoko, quick cameo of Yasuke, and then right to the end of Zero.

We'll probably have Junko talking about the memory erasing stuff, maybe her waking up as Ryoko, quick cameo of Yasuke, and then right to the end of Zero.
I said earlier that I think we'll get the lead-up and fallout, and that it'll get the Twilight Syndrome Treatment. So far the anime has been assuming you've read/experienced everything in the timline up until now, and I think that will hold true here.

I am expecting at least a little more than a cameo for Yasuke. If they want to cover the NWP stuff and show the real Miaya (most of the important FF members have had at least one appearance in Despair), we may get a scene with the creators collaborating together.

Edit, when they want to get into the existence of the Chiaki AI, that could mean more screen time devoted to NWP's creation. Or at least something with Chihiro after the fact.

PsionBolt

Am I missing something here with all y'all talking about codes? I'm pretty sure it's 行動 (koudou). As in, action. Like it says in the subtitles, y'know?

In other news, the OP and ED continue to be the best parts of Future. Man, as far as vaguely-generic anisons go, Danganronpa 3 is top-tier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom