• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakAtmo

Ah shit. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries. I really would recommend it though, it's a bargain compared to buying anime in general. You can watch most of the library in 480p Japanese with subs and ads for free, but subscribing gives you HD, dubs, no ads, and access to the simulcast shows like DanganRonpa.

Eumi

Not sure if this had been discussed here, but I'm replaying DR2 and I noticed that it states that Chiaki explicitly doesn't exist. Or more accurately, that Monokuma created fake files for her. Considering Hajime's file existed and he 'disappeared' long before Chiaki died (assuming she will), is this a retcon or are there some shenanigans about?

Mendrox

Not sure if this had been discussed here, but I'm replaying DR2 and I noticed that it states that Chiaki explicitly doesn't exist. Or more accurately, that Monokuma created fake files for her. Considering Hajime's file existed and he 'disappeared' long before Chiaki died (assuming she will), is this a retcon or are there some shenanigans about?

jD7XKt1.png

AI Chiaki didn't know that she really existed. The profile is the one of the real Chiaki. :3

h0tp0ck3t

Well based on the last despair episode it seems Junko flat out lied about Izuru and his involvement in the killing game so who's to say she's not doing the same for Chiaki?

The way things are going, it's looking like Izuru will end up not having killed anyone directly (chainsaw kid was self-defense - if anything he was warning him to back off).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I'm thinking that she has to at least meet Chihiro at some point, because how else would the FF be able to program her personality into the simulation? Unless they found some yearbook and decided to use her because she happened to be in the same class.

Or maybe she is actually alive in some capacity or put in the simulation itself...

h0tp0ck3t

I'm thinking that she has to at least meet Chihiro at some point, because how else would the FF be able to program her personality into the simulation? Unless they found some yearbook and decided to use her because she happened to be in the same class.

Or maybe she is actually alive in some capacity or put in the simulation itself...

For me it's boiling down to either she's alive and maybe not able to go into the simulation herself (maybe Makoto didn't want her to take the risk or since we saw Izuru leaving flowers on her desk that she not healthy enough) or Chisa was in on Makoto's plan and it was her idea.

It seems too late for Chihiro and Chiaki to meet up and build up a strong enough releationship that Chihiro models his life's work after her.

GreyDaise

Neo Member
I have a theory I want to get out there, just in case I'm right. (I'm not sure I'm right, though, as there are a couple of pretty hefty reasons why I may not be.)

I think that either:
  1. Miaya/Monaca has never actually been a part of the game, and the "count" at the end of each OP has been counting someone that we're not aware of
  2. OR Miaya was alive and part of the game at the beginning, but was killed off-screen sometime between Chisa's death and Great Gozu's death. This would mean that either Bandai or Great Gozu is actually still alive. If one of them isn't, then the count of living participants wouldn't add up (if Miaya died during the game).
Why? Because IMHO, Miaya/Monaca's continued inclusion in the game is stretching incredulity at this point. Like, I know, we've had both a robot (Mechamaru) and an AI (Chiaki) as part of the game before. The catch there is that in both cases you had a real person there (so far as an AI can be considered a person) and the person was actually "killable" within the constraints of the game.

This time, we have a robot...where the person controlling the robot is off-site...really far off-site in another city from what we've seen...and can't possibly be killed by another game participant...and has now hared off, so no one is controlling the robot. And it seems like the robot is in some sort of self-destruct mode, now?

I was actually hoping we'd have this cleared up by this or next episode, by virtue of the Miaya-robot not working any longer and being declared "dead". Then we would've been able to look at the count at the beginning, and tell whether Miaya-robot's death was being counted. But, alas, it was not to be.

So, re: our options if the Miaya-robot is not being counted as a participant:

#1: Could be the case, we'll have to wait and see. We have no further data or hints at this point (that I'm aware of). It also means that, if Hakagure isn't being counted as a participant (which seems pretty likely, since he's outside the building and can't physically interact with anyone), we have TWO participants that we aren't aware of.

#2: This is my pet theory. There are two opportunities for Miaya to die off-screen between Chisa and Great Gozu's death. At one point she's separated from the group, and then she pops up again and is like "I want to stay with you guys!" (Makoto and Aoi). And then there's also the night of Gozu's death, when everyone was asleep. The count wasn't updated until the next episode after Gozu's death, so we wouldn't know that it was Miaya who died rather than Bandai or Gozu.

The catch here is that we've seen both bodies, and they are both laying around many episodes after their deaths. I was unsure if Bandai's body was still around, but h0tp0ck3t pointed out earlier in this thread that you see it for a brief moment at the beginning of ep 6. (Thank you, h0tp0ck3t!) So that's out.

So, if one of them is still alive, either one of the bodies has to be a fake body (in which case, why hasn't Kyoko caught on to that, or is she unable to tell anyone due to her forbidden action?) OR we've got some sort of Romeo-and-Juliet-like potion in effect, where either the "dead" person is taking something that makes them appear dead by day...or maybe the bracelet automatically administers the drug, I don't know.

Also, if this happened, someone had to take Miaya's body and move it out of the building and far away. Which implies that the mastermind is either involved and helping the "dead" person out, or is actually the "dead" person. Which actually isn't too far-fetched by Danganronpa standards. The body thing is more far-fetched, but still within the realm of possibility.

If #2 is correct, I'm torn on whether the "dead" person is the attacker or the mastermind. Could be either one. I like the switching-attacker theory, so I'm leaning toward them being the mastermind, but I dunno.

I don't know which one it is. I'm leaning toward Bandai, though, since he's faded so much into the background. Great Gozu's body is under Kyoko's direct care (and also has a knife in the chest, which could be fake, but...), so he's (she's?) slightly less suspicious.

Let's see if I'm on-track with any of this. I'm probably completely wrong, and am going to be jossed with Miaya-robot's destruction next episode (and consequential subtraction from the count at the end of the OP).

Capndrake

Despair 8

Mostly setup for the next episode, I think, but that didn't make it any less awesome. Nagito attempting to kill Junko was pretty badass. Also, they showed Yasuke briefly but didn't touch on DR0 at all!

Was pretty happy they finally used Trapped by the Ocean Scent as well.

Demoli

Despair 8

That was bloody great.
Chiaki is kill in 7 days

I was laughing so hard when Hopeman started pulling his shannenigans, it was great, specially when he just pulls a fucking gun.

PsionBolt

Despair 8

Clearly this show is non-canon;
no way PekoPeko should survive that encounter.

Also, thinking about Future:

Clearly this show is non-canon;
they're in some sort of alternate universe where ketchup comes out of people when they get stabbed.

It all makes sense now, nothing is real.

kewlmyc

Episode delayed again? Wonder what keeps happening with Funi? I only really expect delays like this with Aniplex shows on Crunchyroll.

h0tp0ck3t

Episode delayed again? Wonder what keeps happening with Funi? I only really expect delays like this with Aniplex shows on Crunchyroll.

My guess is Lerche is barely getting them out in time for the Japanese stream so Funi is getting them too late to make theirs

My guess is Lerche is barely getting them out in time for the Japanese stream so Funi is getting them too late to make theirs

this is most likely the case with two episodes a week.

hope man, hope man, that boy's up to something.
hope man, hope man, he just spent two weeks out the country.
hope man, hope man, he don't need no introduction.
hope man, hope man, he's just not bluffing.

I'm personally impressed that they came so far without the schedule slipping. With the stuff I hear about how tiring producing anime for broadcast is, two episodes a week sounds like hell.

h0tp0ck3t

[zero time dilemma spoilers]
Actually I think you'll find she's just pointing at a person who has been in every scene but didn't do anything and was unimportant until that point.

[more zero time dilemma endgame spoilers]

So when I rearrange this long cryptic sentence it says there is a 16th player. The left over letters are C, H, I, A, K, and I, but I have no idea what they could spell!

[zero time dilemma spoilers]
Actually I think you'll find she's just pointing at a person who has been in every scene but didn't do anything and was unimportant until that point.

[more zero time dilemma endgame spoilers]

So when I rearrange this long cryptic sentence it says there is a 16th player. The left over letters are C, H, I, A, K, and I, but I have no idea what they could spell!

fucking lol'd

All I'm saying is the counter on the first episode says 16 survivors remaining when there are only 15 future foundation members we see there in the building. (Or it might have been 15 after the first death, I forget).

Please god no, not again.
I think Hiro is supposed to be the 16th but the joke is that he sucks so he doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom