• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every episode that passes in Despair arc where we don't see Great Gozu makes me more and more suspicious. As it stands, we're STILL waiting to see Bandai, Miaya, and Gozu, the only characters from Future arc to not show up in Despair arc. The later their reveal, the more curious their roles in that arc become.

I haven't really had this mindset tbh. Future Foundation seems to be a pretty large organization and chances are not all participants in the current killing game were at Hope's Peak during the last year or so.

Order

The last Despair episode had a scene with Yu and Boxer working together as a team

I'm sure the next Future will focus on them and it'll end with Boxer dying

The last Despair episode had a scene with Yu and Boxer working together as a team

just when juzo wasn't the worst character in the show and managed to show a slip of likability

damn you kodaka!!!!!!!!

MANUELF

Banned

Well according to the pixel pic he and Asahina are the only ones left to die

Luigi87

What if Daisaku Bandai is actually an anagram for Ikusaba da.
... I mean the letters inda are left over, but those could mean anything!

The Killer Killer author/artist drew Ryoko and Yasuke from DR0.

CkU8F2wUgAACYVw.jpg

Speaking of which, I caught up with Killer Killer. I'm enjoying it, although it's not must read stuff yet. I like that they're incorporating more DR stuff.

Every main DR thing has had a Junko twist, what can we expect for DR3?

DR1- Enoshima was the mastermind and switched places with twin sister

DR0 - main character was actually Junko

DR2 - Monokuma was actually a Junko AI

UDG - Shiro and Kurokuma were actually Junko AIs

DR3 - ?????

Debirudog

DR3 - ?????

She's actually not the mastermind for once? :p

1. I think that Great Gozu and Bandai will show up to defend the school, and Gekkogahara might appear in a scene related to the NWP with Matsuda

2. I'm now thinking that Junko is actually alive as Chisa, and Chisa died in the first game

DR3 - ?????

this is an anime written by junko in the past

Permanently A

DR3 - ?????

Chisa was brainwashed and is carrying out Junko's will.

Here's the trailer for that crossover game Flux mentioned a few pages ago (no Hajime?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8o5Q6iRpG4

And apparently there's a blu-ray or something coming out about DR3?
Also, am I alone in still liking Ruruka?
As someone who liked her from the beginning, the only reason I started to dislike her was because of her treating Seiko that bad just because she didn't eat her candies (though now that it's possible she uses her addicting candy to control people, it may change her original motivation), but we'll see how they handle her in future episodes. But the only DR3 character so far that I still dislike is Juzo.
With despair 8 I wish we saw some glimpses of what and how Komaeda investigated before he came back to school and knew absolutely everything. It's like using Kirigiri and Komaeda as plot devices because every other character is too incompetent or have their heads too far up their asses.

IMO Monaka's emotional manipulation in DRAE did it well and I was expected Junko to be that on steroids but it's actually just a lame video and anime. Monaka got written out in the lamest way after a shocking and hype introduction.
I'm pretty sure they'll explain Nagito's actions next episode. Someone pointed out that in the flashback when he notices Mikan, he has an umbrella and is dry, but when he enters the classroom he's actually wet. And yeah, Monaca got robbed. :(
I agree with this, instead of just repeating stuff we already know of (even though we haven't seen them directly) they wanted Future and Despair to be connected to tell a different, larger story. I'd say it's been working nicely till now for sure, I hope they'll manage to reach a satisfying conclusion.
I'm mixed about it haha I was really excited to see Junko interact with them and make them fall into despair but I'm liking the story and characters so far.
https://imgur.com/gallery/YJLS1

danganronpa cafe and exhibition in akihabara
That's pretty cool :D too bad it'll never happen in Mexico lol
K1MZDmS.jpg

The only DR3 artwork which has both Hajime and Nagito?
Every episode that passes in Despair arc where we don't see Great Gozu makes me more and more suspicious. As it stands, we're STILL waiting to see Bandai, Miaya, and Gozu, the only characters from Future arc to not show up in Despair arc. The later their reveal, the more curious their roles in that arc become.
I'm expecting them to show a scene with Chihiro, Matsuda, Miaya and maybe other Ultimates working together on the NWP. Dunno about Bandai and Gozu.

DR3 - ?????
All the events in the serie are Junko's dream

DR3 - ?????

Two words: Liquid. Nagito.

T-Rex.

Banned

DR3 - ?????
They're all Junko AIs.

Nightbird

DR3 - ?????

It was all a fucked up bedtime story told by Junkos Mom to her.

I'm expecting them to show a scene with Chihiro, Matsuda, Miaya and maybe other Ultimates working together on the NWP.

Yeah, I said earlier that I'm expecting at least one scene where they have Miaya, Yasuke and Chihiro collaborating on the NWP. It's an important part of the story and it will give them a chance to show a little bit of the real Miaya and explain the Chiaki AI.

Red Frost

Banned
DR1 Junko actually being a brainwashed Chisa would be the biggest retcon troll of all time. Kodaka can pull some shit off, but not that.

just when juzo wasn't the worst character in the show and managed to show a slip of likability

damn you kodaka!!!!!!!!

"Not as terrible as Ruruka" isn't exactly high praise, though. I still need both of them to die because they're horrible. Ruruka annoyed me from episode 1 because of her hideous design, and now that we know she's an evil bitch monster of death she's easily my least liked character. I don't even think she's entertaining as a villain like Junko or Nagito. She just gets on my nerves a lot.

Juzo got a little better last week. A little better. Pretty much only because he was totally fine with the idea of Ruruka getting killed. His whole love triangle subplot makes me groan because that's so lame and played out. We could've avoided so much annoying bullshit if they just had a threeway but whatever.

Razmos

I still think Juzo is actually in love with Munakata, not Chisa. But that might just be Chisa making a joke about it.

Also HI guys! Just caught up with the series so far and I'm absolutely loving it. I didn't play DR2 or Ultra Despair Girls but I read up on them a while ago and the conversation in here really helped me fill in the blanks (I read through the thread as I watched the episodes)

Rich!

I still think Juzo is actually in love with Munakata, not Chisa. But that might just be Chisa making a joke about it.

Also HI guys! Just caught up with the series so far and I'm absolutely loving it. I didn't play DR2 or Ultra Despair Girls but I read up on them a while ago and the conversation in here really helped me fill in the blanks (I read through the thread as I watched the episodes)

WHAT

why are you doing this to yourself?! You've ruined basically the entire series for yourself.

Go back and play it before doing or watching anything else, damn son

I agree, I think that Juzo is gay

I mean, let's not forget that Chisa basically suggested as such in a past episode. It feels like a super off-the-wall thing, but if he was gay, she would probably be the one he would most be willing to confide in - thereby giving her good reason to be protective of Munakata. So when he gets flustered by her protectiveness, it's a combination of the suddenness of it and the nature of the statement. His immediate relationship goals have been pretty vague, and the writers intentionally seem to avoid any direct allusions to specific PDAs between Juzo and either of them - except wait, Juzo in Future is cultishly devoted to Munakata. So much so that he can even resist Ruruka's candies, candies that are likely very powerful with respect to their mind controlly shit. Juzo is definitely in love with Munakata.

As for Gozu, simply put, he wears a mask. How often is it that in stories like this do we see where the identity of the person under the mask isn't some twist or another? And it's not even just that - Gozu has so many loose threads hanging.

1. Munakata deduced that the goal of the mastermind (and/or attacker) is to keep Makoto alive so that they may use his power for their own terrible ends. Gozu implies that his motive to protect Makoto is to preserve his power.
2. Gozu's eyes glow red.
3. Gozu dies early on, a very suspicious death at that.
4. When Kyoko is investigating Gozu, she covers his face. Of course this is out of respect for both the dead and his wrestling status, but from a storytelling POV, it's a fair assumption that we would discover something if we saw his face.
5. Going off of 1, Great Gozu is by a WIDE country mile the member who is most devoted to protecting Makoto.
6. Going off of 1 again, when discussing Makoto's achievements in DR1, he never speaks about hope being great or anything like that - he JUST praises how strong his hope is.
7. He's one of only two characters whose status, movements, and actions pre-FF is still unknown (the other being Bandai, another potentially suspicious character but one with few loose threads comparatively).

Now let's talk about Bandai. I think that Bandai is important, but he is not a villain. I think that Bandai was intended to die from his NG. Why I do not know, but compare the NGs.

1. Kazuo Tengan - Answering a question with a lie. This NG is not something a person could compel Tengan to break.
2. Koichi Kizakura - Opening his left hand. This is easier to break, but physical interaction (or being compelled to do so, as Ruruka forced him to with Kyoko) is required.
3. Juzo Sakakura - Punching (presumably). This one is also an easy one to avoid, though Juzo we have seen could slip.
4. Makoto Naegi - Running in the hallways. Definitely one that puts someone at greater risk as, if put in a dangerous situation, he would have trouble getting away. NG could have been given to him with the intention of keeping him reliant on others - and if we assume this, Gozu becomes more suspicious.
5. Aoi Asahina - Being hit with a punch or a kick. Same deal as Kizakura, though with less inclination that she will be tricked into breaking it.
6. Seiko Kimura - Have someone step on your shadow. A relatively safe NG, since the place is normally dark.
7. Ruruka Ando - Allow someone to leave the building. Definitely a more dangerous NG for her.
8. Sonosuke Izayoi - Ingest food. A more long-term one and less directly dangerous, though the person who made the NGs may have known that Ruruka would try and feed him her candies.
9. Kyosuke Munakata - Open doors (presumably). Not directly harmful, very few situations where it could be (ie, trapped with an unbreakable door in his way in a burning room). Seems like its intent was to handicap Munakata and make it easier for people to avoid him, while also ensuring that he falls further and further.

Of these, we still have Ryota and Kyoko who are both still alive and whose NGs are unrevealed. For those who have passed, Gozu and Chisa are the only ones whose NGs we do not know. And finally, it can be presumed that Miaya never had an NG and that Hiro is dumb and useless. Anyway, to get back to it, Bandai had by FAR the most dangerous NG of them all. Who could he have been with where he didn't witness violence? Munakata, Juzo, Ruruka, Izayoi, Seiko, Makoto, Kyoko, Tengan, Ryota, Asahina, Miaya, Koichi, and Gozu - literally every person besides Chisa and himself - are people who engage in violence, either as a victim or perpetrator. The mastermind very likely knows the nature of these people, and as such would know that Bandai would have inevitably died. So why then is Bandai, of all people, the one to be chosen for this? I doubt it's Kodaka just saying "meh, I GUESS it could be Bandai who shows off how the NG works." To me, the fact that he was the one chosen to be the visual aide combined with the fact that his whereabouts are unknown during the Despair arc make me suspect that the mastermind specifically chose Bandai for a reason that we will learn coming up.

Finally, Miaya! I think Miaya is evil. Ignoring the fact that all small girls in Danganronpa are evil - Kotoko, Monaca, Hiyoko, Natsumi - there are just so many red flags with her.

1. It's a fair assumption that the NWP information got to Junko and/or Izuru through someone; Miaya is a solid candidate for that (if DR0 has it turn out to be Matsuda that gave it away, disregard).

2. Who built Mekkogahara? While Monaca most definitely has the technical capabilities to have build a Mekkogahara, it seems more likely to me that Mekkogahara was built for Gekkogahara's use - meaning that she may have intended to create a distance between her and the events of the Future arc while still having presence and influence there.

3. Why did Mekkogahara continue to operate after being disabled? Given that Monaca doesn't really care about hope versus despair, and given that Mekkogahara seems to be programmed to target certain people - possibly Future Foundation members, possibly Munakata - it would suggest to me that a person whose stakes in this are greater is behind the creation and implementation of Mekkogahara.

Isn't it interesting to consider that the four characters who are perhaps the most suspicious are the first four characters to die?

tumblr_mdg8c3WvtV1rqkkzco1_r1_400.gif

Nightbird

Welp, you just ruined the Game for yourself. I mean, there's a reason why it's called Danganronpa 2. Dr 1+2 are essential for enjoying 3.
And trust me. Especially in case of DR2: just reading what happens doesn't do it justice. There hasn't been an adaption of part 2 because it has to be experienced in Videogameform. Heck, even a let's play would have been okay if playing it yourself was absolutely not possible.

I mean, I'm happy to see more people coming in and anticipating what will happen next with us, but I do think that playing 1+2 (or at least watching 1 and playing 2) should be essential. I think it adds a ton to the emotional investment you have towards the characters.

Derpot

"Not as terrible as Ruruka" isn't exactly high praise, though. I still need both of them to die because they're horrible. Ruruka annoyed me from episode 1 because of her hideous design, and now that we know she's an evil bitch monster of death she's easily my least liked character. I don't even think she's entertaining as a villain like Junko or Nagito. She just gets on my nerves a lot.

Yeah, that's what I also feel about Ruruka actually.
I like a lot of characters who are horrible pieces of shit because they are entertaining in a way, but Ruruka is just too annoying and doesn't do things "in style" like Junko and Nagito. I just think she's pathetic and not entertaining at all. When I see Junko and Nagito, I'm like "oooh shit, what's gonna happen", and when I see Ruruka, I'm like "urgh just fuck off already".

She's not gonna die tho, she has her "Evil Bitch Plot Armor" to protect her from death D:

Yeah I really hate her, right

Yeah, I said earlier that I'm expecting at least one scene where they have Miaya, Yasuke and Chihiro collaborating on the NWP. It's an important part of the story and it will give them a chance to show a little bit of the real Miaya and explain the Chiaki AI.
Oops, must have missed your post, but yup, it's the perfect way to tie in lore and characters from DR1, 2 and Zero~
I didn't play DR2
Nooooo, don't do this to yourself D:

PsionBolt

Ghost Junko possessing Komaru

I actually expected that to be AE's twist for a while, since they dedicated a few scenes to setting up Komaru's spirit stuff right after we see the whole magic-circle-drawn-in-blood that Monaca apparently made just for fun and never does anything with.

FStubbs

I actually expected that to be AE's twist for a while, since they dedicated a few scenes to setting up Komaru's spirit stuff right after we see the whole magic-circle-drawn-in-blood that Monaca apparently made just for fun and never does anything with.

Maybe that's how they intended Komaru to be Junko's successor.

And I still say Komaru would've been class 79's Ultimate Medium if the Tragedy hadn't happened.

Capndrake

Future 9

Holy shit, everyone's dying.

People are probably gonna be upset at Kyoko being one of them, but I for one am glad they finally actually killed a DR1 character. It'd be really stupid if they had plot armour all the way to the end, especially when almost all of the new characters are already dead.

Demoli

Future 9

FUCK SHIT COCK BALLS FUCK

So he kills juzo when's he's finally being entertaining, and then he nails kirigiri too, godfucking dammit

At least Ruruka is dead liek she damn well should

Are you fucking kidding me?

Great episode though, all of the twists and turns. And the reveal of a lot of FAs really makes things interesting

NotLiquid

H-hey guys what if as a hilarious twist the forbidden code doesn't actually kill you but put you into a deep sleep or something

r-right guys

;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom