• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 The End of Hope's Peak Academy |OT| Nagito Komaeda's Wild Ride Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

Future 9

... Well... shit...

Also
Chisa's forbidden action was Munakata dying, hm... I find that interesting as that in effect is the reverse of what Kyoko's was for Makoto.

FluxWaveZ

H-hey guys what if as a hilarious twist the forbidden code doesn't actually kill you but put you into a deep sleep or something

r-right guys

;__;

A deep sleep that made blood leak out of your eyes and bruised half of your body up, yeah.

And guys, it's officially up. We don't need to use spoiler tags.

haha nice! kyoko's NG code involves boosting makoto at her own peril and then it gets her killed! cool way to handle that character!

not convinced it's real tho. feeling more and more like that happy ending thing is gonna come true

FluxWaveZ

It's her redemption for almost getting Makoto killed during DR1.

Did anyone see what Gozu's forbidden action was?

And how did Monaca know the forbidden actions?

1. Getting pinned for 3 seconds in a hold. It was the first one shown.
2. Same reason she knew that someone would die because of Makoto. She was in the know, 'cause she was on Team Despair.

kewlmyc

So according to the beginning of this episode, there are 9 survivors.

Makoto
Mitarai
Munakata
Asahina
Kyoko
Juzo
Ruruka

Who are the other two? Assuming we're counting Weedman, that still leaves one survivor unaccounted for.

Makoto
Mitarai
Munakata
Asahina
Kyoko
Juzo
Ruruka

Who are the other two? Assuming we're counting Weedman, that still leaves one survivor unaccounted for.

The robot would potentially be the other. Won't actually know what was and wasn't counted until the next episode.

Damn, this episode was a massacre.

The fact that we finally got a confirmation on the submarine building is pretty much in the background considering the deaths. I expected Kirigiri to die after all the death flags she raised - the moment she decided to forgo her gloves is when her fate was sealed in my opinion. She was breaking character in a major way for the sake of Makoto.

Sakakura's death was coming, but it lacked ceremony to it. For such a major character to die just like that felt underwhelming, even if the circumstances were what people expected. I wonder what Tengan said to him to shake his convictions in such a major way to make him kill both his closest friends. The fact that he impaled Chisa's body makes me think he wanted to make sure she died - whatever he was told involved both of those guys.

Thank God Ruruka lacked any kind of plot armor. Her remembrance of Izayoi's death cemented both of those characters as awful. He literally lacked any characterization beyond 'I like Ruruka and I'm his loyal dog.'

I believe we are due for some revelations, and probably Mitarai plays a role in them. That scene with his cellphone has to mean something.

racAUFm.jpg

The attacker went all out with Ruruka, what the hell.

Makoto
Mitarai
Munakata
Asahina
Kyoko
Juzo
Ruruka

RoboMiaya is probably counted. The OP survivor count has been one count higher since episode 2, it's probably related to a future twist.

FluxWaveZ

I kinda wanted to see Ruruka survive the whole ordeal. A completely unredeemable, paranoid, broken person like that—but not one of the "main" players—living through this whole thing and continuing to be unlikable would have been rather compelling.

Izayoi gets even more pathetic, and he's already dead.

Luigi87

Hm, thinking about Munakata killing off Juzo...

Did we actually get confirmation that not using his fists was indeed Juzo's forbidden action, or were we simply led to believe it with every character calling him on that? He's also not shown on the sheet Makoto, Kyoko, Asahina, and Mitarai are looking at.

Could his real one, which Munakata discovered via the phone, been something like Letting Chisa stay alive? Maybe?

Razmos

Saw some people saying that
Kirigiri's death in this episode completely ruins the character development of Kizikura (the ultimate scout guy) and cheapens his death/makes it worthless, which is just dumb. Kirigiri knew she was going to die from the very beginning and used what time she had to attempt to resolve the mystery, and she died happy knowing that she can pass that information onto Naegi because she believes in him and knows that he is true hope.

If she'd died at the bottom of that pit it could have meant the end of everything if Naegi doesn't manage to escape.

It's her redemption for almost getting Makoto killed during DR1.

1. Getting pinned for 3 seconds in a hold. It was the first one shown.
2. Same reason she knew that someone would die because of Makoto. She was in the know, 'cause she was on Team Despair.

See, I don't know that I think Monaca had anything to do with building the Miaya robot. That it uses Usami - who as I recall Monaca had never seen or had any reason to know - suggests to me that Mechogahara was created by someone with ties to the NWP.

I kinda wanted to see Ruruka survive the whole ordeal. A completely unredeemable, paranoid, broken person like that—but not one of the "main" players—living through this whole thing and continuing to be unlikable would have been rather compelling.

Too true, too true. Ruruka bumped up by a respectable one slot for me. Izayoi is just kind of boring - in fact I might say that he is the worst main character of the three titles, worse than Hiyoko even. He literally has no arc. All he does is eat dewicious sweets and do what Ruruka says. There's no "I'm free from your spell" twist (by the way, SUPER disappointing that wasn't the ecase).

Vamphuntr

So I was partly right. The death Monaca predicted had to do with the NG codes she knew. She is a hacker and she could move since he robot couldn't be knocked out by the drug.

Maybe Munakata NG code isn't about opening doors after all.

kizakura didn't care about solving the mystery or anything he just had a bro code with jin to keep kyoko safe and that went tits up so

anyways i've decided i'm putting my money on hiro's vision being everyone happily reuniting in the afterlife because every one of them dies. and boy wouldn't that be something

Luigi87

kizakura didn't care about solving the mystery or anything he just had a bro code with jin to keep kyoko safe and that went tits up so

anyways i've decided i'm putting my money on hiro's vision being everyone happily reuniting in the afterlife because every one of them dies. and boy wouldn't that be something

Bro Code > NG Code

Gradon

Monaca sounded too sure of that fact.
Like she knew for certain that someone will die because of Makoto. Maybe its related to Kyoko's NG code.

And I was right. ;_; Why?
This was heartbreaking but completely obviously going to happen.
And whilst I despised Ruruka, I'm a bit saddened that we're down another character...
Her death was absolutely brutal.

Ryan_MSF

Wasn't prepared for that final scene whatsoever, though the death flag was being waved pretty high.

R.I.P Kyoko </3 :___:

Eumi

YES! FINALLY! THE ONLY GOOD SURVIVOR IS A DEAD SURVIVOR!

Damn everybody raising death flags this Ep though. Also it's starting to look like Mitarai is the mastermind now, because it can't be Munakata.

Razmos

So.. was Jozu about to make a declaration of love to Munakata before being penetrated? Giggity

I suppose we'll find out more in the Despair side when we find out how Jozu failed against Junko

Derpot

So.. was Jozu about to make a declaration of love to Munakata before being penetrated? Giggity

I suppose we'll find out more in the Despair side when we find out how Jozu failed against Junko

Haha yeah, I wonder what he was trying to tell him before being killed, maybe it was important.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I get what you're saying, but I'm kinda glad they did kill her.

We already had two unlikeable shits survive in the first two games, at least this time, one of them gets killed. I was figuring she WAS going to survive because of this.

FluxWaveZ

We already had two unlikeable shits survive in the first two games, at least this time, one of them gets killed. I was figuring she WAS going to survive because of this.

Yeah, but what makes this one different isn't simply that she was unlikable, but that she was actually a murderous psycho, instead of just a "jerk with a heart of gold."

h0tp0ck3t

You're right. Hagakure and Akane are the fucking worst :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, but what makes this one different isn't simply that she was unlikable, but that she was actually a murderous psycho, instead of just a "jerk with a heart of gold."

True true.

She had Izayoi wrapped around her fingers because of whatever shit she was putting in her sweets she was giving him.

"I'm gonna betray you so you can't betray me"

"I understand!"

Bitch deserved it, even if Izayoi wasn't the best fleshed out character.

You're right. Hakagure and Akane are the fucking worst :p

You misspelled "Soda"

Fuck this episode. But I knew it had to wother be Kirigiri or Togami that dies because of Makoto.

Also, thanks Funimation for spoiling they were underwater in the description.

It'll straight up be bad writing if she does, especially if the reason for it is "antidote." A big reason for this is because they already did this with Asahina (pending any future revelations).
this one could actually pretty important if she happens to be faking her death to keep munakata away. Looks bad to fake out twice, but this one could at least have more relevance.

Doesnt really matter much to me in the end, I hate this anime so much as a cap to a favored game series

they're not gonna have the vial there and have it NOT work. it'd complete seiko's character arc and bring kyoko back, i totally see them doing it. and, like, what else would it be other than an antidote? is makoto gonna hulk up and duel kyosuke?

but lol if kyoko comes back but bandai stays dead despite being given medicine

PsionBolt

That's not that different -- DR1 has a murderer survive, and DR2 has like five or six murderers survive. They try to claim they're good people, but they're undeniably murderers, and multiple of them even since before they met Junko.

FluxWaveZ

That's not that different -- DR1 has a murderer survive, and DR2 has like five or six murderers survive. They try to claim they're good people, but they're undeniably murderers, and multiple of them even since before they met Junko.

The difference lies in their actions during the killing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom