• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa: Another Episode Import OT | *Unmarked DR 1 and 2 Spoilers*

Zephyx

It would be nice if DR2 has some kind of spinoff like this. I would love to know more about the background or relatives of each character.

Yasumi

Banned
Wait wait wait wait.
So what I'm seeing here... There will be a Danganronpa 3?
This was shown at the end of the first Another Episode trailer.
also-3-ronpa.jpg

A third one is very likely, and now that AE is out, they can start focusing on that.

Rubedo

also-3-ronpa.jpg

A third one is very likely, and now that AE is out, they can start focusing on that.

Also I can't see a reason for them to
let Monaka live and try to become the next Junko
at the end of DR:AE if there wasn't going to be another.

Zephyx

also-3-ronpa.jpg

I'm assuming they'll have a 2.5 first. So we can follow the KH route!
j/k
Anyway, I'll buy any DR game that gets localized as long it is on a platform I own.

So regarding the kill list,
it seems that they are the characters the DR1 cast thought were most dearest to them

So lots of d'awww and then despair

GSR

Chapter 4:

Nothing inspires an immediate rush of "OH GOD DAMMIT" like
Komaeda's voice butting into a dialogue.

EDIT: Jesus,
they're really having fun with the 'game' thing, aren't they. Nice touch having the item drops and the like be happening in canon.

EDIT2: JESUS
THAT CRAZY-EYES SPRITE

GSR

Huh, just hit a game crash. There seems to be an update available, though, so hopefully that'll fix it.

GSR

Is the game fun? The gameplay looks pretty iffy to me.

The core gameplay works well - it's a third-person shooter with some nice puzzle elements mixed in. What's hurt it so far is the pacing - there are a lot of cutscenes (especially if you go looking for side stuff), and the level design leaves a bit to be desired.

My Famitsu DX pack finally arrived yesterday but I can't open it until Friday.... Can't wait to dive into the game, even though I've read quite a few of the spoilers already!

Yasumi

Banned
Got mine in the mail this morning, I'm enjoying it so far. I didn't get the Monokuma phone stand though, so I shot an email to Nippon-Yasan.

Got mine in the mail this morning, I'm enjoying it so far. I didn't get the Monokuma phone stand though, so I shot an email to Nippon-Yasan.

Do you have a pic of the stuff? I've been dying to open my box but I made the promise to my friend we'd open it together...

apricot

Got mine yesterday! Managed to score both the giant postcard and Monokuma stand from CDJapan, even though I thought they were out of the stand by the time I preordered

drstuff2_zps3a8a68e1.png

Got mine yesterday! Managed to score both the giant postcard and Monokuma stand from CDJapan, even though I thought they were out of the stand by the time I preordered

drstuff2_zps3a8a68e1.png

I hope I got that stuff too. The PlayAsia box is by far the largest I've ever received from them and weighs a good amount, so here's hoping! Just gotta hold out until Friday... At least Japanese class will distract me tomorrow >.<

Yasumi

Banned
If other Nippon-Yasan orders didn't come with the phone stand, I don't really expect mine to. I guess it's not a huge deal.
They told me that the phone stand didn't come with that particular edition of the game, so I sent them a Google cache screenshot and link that confirms it was. Waiting to see what happens.

Yeah, it was definitely listed as coming with it on the product page, I remember seeing it. If things work out and they have any of them in stock then I'll hassle em for it and if not eh.

apricot

I hope I got that stuff too. The PlayAsia box is by far the largest I've ever received from them and weighs a good amount, so here's hoping! Just gotta hold out until Friday... At least Japanese class will distract me tomorrow >.<

From what I understand, the postcard was a CDJapan exclusive, so I wouldn't hold out hope for that....

Edit:

Now you are giving me hope my CDJapan order will come with the Monokuma stand :|

When did you order? I probably only placed my order about a week before release, so if you were before me you definitely should get one... >_<

Labrys

I was actually going to order this with my paycheck, but I got reamed with bills and stuff so it's going to have to wait. Maybe Christmas.

When did you order? I probably only placed my order about a week before release, so if you were before me you definitely should get one... >_<

uhhhhhh, last night, lol

My friend was grabbing stuff so I just threw the game on top of that order

I all but given up on the stand so I guess it'll be a lucky surprise if I get it, lol

GSR

This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up.

Zephyx

This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up. This game is so messed up.

In a good way? :)

PK Gaming

:) <---- General DR:AE spoilers

In a good way? :)

It gets tumblr all up in a flurry so sure!

-------------------------------------------------

From the sales thread:
Media Create:
03./00. [PSV] DanganRonpa: Another Episode <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2014.09.25} (¥7.020) - 70.596 / NEW

Famitsu:
05./00. [PSV] DanganRonpa: Another Episode <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2014.09.25} (¥7.020) - 63.898 / NEW <80-100%>

6xF0l6Z.gif

That sell through rate.

Yasumi

Banned
Oh jeez, I just realized *ending spoilers*
Shirokuma's depressed art with the mushrooms is blatantly referencing Junko's same expression. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.
I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before elsewhere, but still, aaaahhhh.

DaBoss

Oh jeez, I just realized *ending spoilers*
Shirokuma's depressed art with the mushrooms is blatantly referencing Junko's same expression. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.
I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before elsewhere, but still, aaaahhhh.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait...there are mushrooms on Junko's head? How did I not notice this before lol. Cool find.

Yasumi

Banned
OH MY GOD, if you shoot Shirokuma with a dance bullet, she'll do the Monokuma dance from the anime's OP. As in,
dancingmonokuma.gif

So good.

GSR

:) <---- General DR:AE spoilers

Souda_%2821%29.png

(Spoilers up through the start of chapter 5):
while it's still looking like we're going to get Junko'd for the final villain again (if AI Junko shows up and goes into the giant Monokuma I'm going to lose my mind) Monaka is just incredibly creepy. The scene with her and Shingetsu in chapter 4 was legitimately unsettling. The DR team knows how to write a villain, that's for sure.

OH MY GOD, if you shoot Shirokuma with one of the dance bullets, she'll do the Monokuma dance from the anime's OP. As in,
dancingmonokuma.gif

So good.

I know! I've got a video somewhere I keep meaning to upload.

at last it has arrived

no phone stand, shrug

but god am i eager to play this game

edit1: oh man the main menu music

i was expecting the danganronpa theme i was not prepared for this

edit2: guess i'll be spoiler tagging things from here on

pre-prologue:
i never thought i'd appreciate characters who repeat keywords that other characters say but incidentally it ends up being helpful when i'm shaky on the language

in a way, this game is even more cruel than the other ones in the series because IMMEDIATELY after introducing you to some cool DR character designs it brutally murders them

also monaka seems rad and byakuya has been super rad. also the DR theme is my jam.

edit3:
execution music and nobody even dies? what a rip. this family ruins everything

PK Gaming

at last it has arrived

no phone stand, shrug

but god am i eager to play this game

edit1: oh man the main menu music

i was expecting the danganronpa theme i was not prepared for this

yeah yeah yeah YEA-YEA-YEA (&#9834;) Hey yeah yeah yeah yeah woah woah YEA-YEA-YEA ooh, woo, oooh yeah-yeah

Top Bottom