• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa: Another Episode Import OT | *Unmarked DR 1 and 2 Spoilers*

Nachos

I made a Pastebin plot summary for the entire game really quickly; I think I have everything, but some pieces are just floating around since I only saw chapter 4 and the the end of chapter 3. Anyone's free to refine it: pastebin
.com/ugM8G8WR

I know there's tons of story impressions here, but how's the gameplay?

It looks solid, but if chapter 4's any indication, some segments wear out their welcome long before they actually end.

I made a Pastebin plot summary for the entire game really quickly; I think I have everything, but some pieces are just floating around since I only saw chapter 4 and the the end of chapter 3. Anyone's free to refine it: pastebin
.com/ugM8G8WR

Pretty sure the kids we saw "executed" really did die

Nachos

Pretty sure the kids we saw "executed" really did die

From what I've gathered, the scene that shows the five kids, minus Green, isn't actually a flashback. Brown was always shown wearing his mask prior to your battle with him, yet in that scene, he isn't wearing it.

Reference: i.imgur
.com/OxSBHzn.png

Weiss

Banned
From what I've gathered, the scene that shows the five kids, minus Green, isn't actually a flashback. Brown was always shown wearing his mask prior to your battle with him, yet in that scene, he isn't wearing it.

Reference: i.imgur
.com/OxSBHzn.png

They all look pretty banged up, so they might have survived their executions. I'm fine either way, I guess. They are just kids, after all.

.com/ugM8G8WR

Boo game for no Ishimaru's papa!

It looks like the kill list is just a bunch of relatives/people related of other Danganronpa characters.

Including what's already been seen:
Leon's cousin (that girl from a few pages back)
Yamada's mother
Kirigiri's grandfather

NotLiquid

Okay yeah so apparently (endgame spoilers)
Komaeda rescues Monaka with the intention of using "what time he has left" to shape her into a new Junko, to the very point that the real Junko would look like a fake in comparison. Komaeda still being Ultimate Asshole. Sounds like this is going to be our DR3 villain, folks.

Since Izuru grabs 2 AI chips it'd be hilarious if DR3 actually involves you using Junko and her joining you.

Rubedo

Komaeda rescues Monaka with the intention of using "what time he has left" to shape her into a new Junko, to the very point that the real Junko would look like a fake in comparison. Komaeda still being Ultimate Asshole. Sounds like this is going to be our DR3 villain, folks.

Since Izuru grabs 2 AI chips it'd be hilarious if DR3 actually involves you using Junko and her joining you.

Yeah she just screams DR3 antagonist. At least it isn't Junko. Although, because it's so obvious, we could be led to think it's her only to be faked out and it's someone else. Whatever happened to the Towa guy anyway?

Yes, my crack theory of having a Junko on your side is coming into fruition.

Yeah she just screams DR3 antagonist. At least it isn't Junko. Although, because it's so obvious, we could be led to think it's her only to be faked out and it's someone else. Whatever happened to the Towa guy anyway?

It looks like Towa is broken by the end of this, if that ending picture is anything to go by.

Nachos

I found what looks to be a more in-depth plot summary of what happens in Another Episode. Granted, it glosses over some things, but it's much better than the one I cobbled together:

pastebin
.com/cH1tY1KE

I found what looks to be a more in-depth plot summary of what happens in Another Episode. Granted, it glosses over some things, but it's much better than the one I cobbled together:

pastebin
.com/cH1tY1KE

Good summary if you compare the earlier one with this one, lol

Story is definitely pretty amazing.

Just wish they used the relatives more than just simple cameos. But then again, they probably just would have killed the ones that show up like with everybody else

GSR

Chapter 2: oh my god I am losing my mind over
the Mr. Monokuma's Extracurricular Lesson dance mix.

Lusankya

Nice to hear the story is again supposed to be nice. How about the gameplay, are the 3rd person shooter segments good and fun?

Yasumi

Banned
The wait begins.
BE7CNtB.jpg

Kysen

are the 3rd person shooter segments good and fun?

I'm enjoying them, they start off a little basic until you get more bullet types. Aiming for the eye on each kuma takes a bit of skill though(1 shot kill). Especially if there are multiple mono kumas running at you.

NesFe

My game copy arrived today so I thought I'd check it out a bit since I still haven't finished Dangan 2(chapter 4 trial) and my god I'm addicted. I finished the prologue so far and I love it.

I forced myself to put it down because I want to finish dangan 2 first.

Sorian

Banned
My game copy arrived today so I thought I'd check it out a bit since I still haven't finished Dangan 2(chapter 4 trial) and my god I'm addicted. I finished the prologue so far and I love it.

I forced myself to put it down because I want to finish dangan 2 first.

Yeah, I would definitely finish 2 first. Obviously, another episode is out in the wild now so people would know better than me but I can think of a potentially huge spoiler for 2 that could be in AE.

GoldStarz

Yeah, I would definitely finish 2 first. Obviously, another episode is out in the wild now so people would know better than me but I can think of a potentially huge spoiler for 2 that could be in AE.

MAJOR SDR2 and AE Spoilers

Yeah, the epilogue basically spoils the existence of the Junko AI (who's actually both Shiro and Kurokuma, shows Izuru (although not enough of him for you to know he was Hajime, and the most obvious spoiler of Komaeda being SHSL Despair.

arue

pastebin
.com/cH1tY1KE

Thanks for the summary. The story is pretty good, despite being a spin-off.

AE spoilers:
Once again, Komaeda likes to mess with everybody's future. I think we'll see him again in DR3.

Seeing Izuru at the end was great. Too bad we only saw him for a little bit.

Is there any significance regarding Usami's face at the end besides it connects to SDR2?

Does anyone know who sang the ending song?

NotLiquid

AE spoilers:
Once again, Komaeda likes to mess with everybody's future. I think we'll see him again in DR3.

Komaeda is most likely dead. He was the only one of the DR2 cast who didn't show up alive during the glitch segment.

arue

Komaeda is most likely dead. He was the only one of the DR2 cast who didn't show up alive during the glitch segment.

You're right, I forgot that he has several diseases that will end up killing him. It would be a miracle to see him in DR3, but considering how wacky this series can be I won't be surprised if he actually comes back to life.

Steel

Banned
Why couldn't people's impressions be along the lines of "The story and gameplay suck" instead of the opposite? It would be so much easier to ignore it rather than eagerly wait for it to come west.

Rubedo

Why couldn't people's impressions be along the lines of "The story and gameplay suck" instead of the opposite? It would be so much easier to ignore it rather than eagerly wait for it to come west.

That's pretty much how it was with DR2. Everyone kept saying it was better in every way to the first one when localization was nearly a year away. Waiting was torture.

Yasumi

Banned
Adding up the stream broadcasts, it took Geirusy about 21 hours.
Update to this, the streamer's been going through new game+ on the highest difficulty to collect all of the stuff he missed on his initial playthrough. He's clocked at least 30 total hours so far. Very respectable amount of content.

More kill cards:

I think we have Celeste's cat, lol
There's also a bug that's related to somebody. (The only ones left are Togami, Mondo, Toko, Muroko, Junko)

Yasumi

Banned
More kill cards:

I think we have Celeste's cat, lol
There's also a bug that's related to somebody. (The only ones left are Togami, Mondo, Toko, Muroko, Junko)
Kameko/Masked Child I think? Seems like something Toko or Mondo would keep as a pet.

DaBoss

So some discussion about Nagito (AE ending and DR2 ending spoilers):

If Nagito were to come back alive, anyone feel like he would just accept his ultimate despair personality? He did things to help despair as a stepping stone for hope in DR2 and it is no different from what he does in AE. I feel like he would just go Mikan on everyone and continue to do what he wants. Basically he is Junko but using despair for hope.

Trigger

So some discussion about Nagito (AE ending and DR2 ending spoilers):

If Nagito were to come back alive, anyone feel like he would just accept his ultimate despair personality? He did things to help despair as a stepping stone for hope in DR2 and it is no different from what he does in AE. I feel like he would just go Mikan on everyone and continue to do what he wants. Basically he is Junko but using despair for hope.

I agree for the most part. Nagito doesn't really have "an ultimate despair personality". His core philosophy is the same with or without his memories. When he wakes up (and he will because dat luck) he won't really have to accept anything in the same way that Hajime has to accept being a murderer. Recovering his memories will be like forgetting he left a turkey in the oven.

"Oh yeah, wasn't I mentoring some girl to become the new Junko? Better check up on that..."

What exactly is that?

It's a light novel with everyone's favorite useless character as the main character.

The only shining hope is that it looks like it might focus on some of the characters from the kill list. (Then again, it's probably of them getting killed)

Rubedo

It's a light novel with everyone's favorite useless character as the main character.

The only shining hope is that it looks like it might focus on some of the characters from the kill list. (Then again, it's probably of them getting killed)

Is it canon or a just a joke?

Rubedo

Unsure if it's like IF and a what-if or actually canon.

Also, everyone remember Hiroko Hagakure, the unknown relative of Hagakure? Turns out she's
his wife, dun dun dun.

Wow. I assumed
it was his sister. I guess such an oddity like that fits with everything else about him though.

So the bonus thing you unlock after beating the game is
ZETTAI ZETSUBOU HAGAKURE

Seriously :|

I actually just got spoiled on this by a friend.

One one hand, I'm pumped to hear about what third-best-character-second-best-survivor Hiro's been up to. On the other hand... why him? Now I'm nervous about what they're gonna do in the game to third-best-character-second-best-survivor Hiro or Hiroko.

And on both hands I'm pretty bugged that I got spoiled on this! It could've been something a lot worse, but... I still would've rather discovered this on my own!

This is not the sort of despair I wanted while waiting for the game to ship D:

More Kill List reveals:

We have a Togami! Maybe. His eyes are basically the same as beta|Togami. An older guy so maybe his father or the head of the family or something. Does this mean they weren't completely wiped out?
And we have a new character named Takemichi Yukimaru. Unless we get someone related to Muroko/Junko on the list, this might be Mondo's one, and I'm guessing probably like his second in command in his gang.

Top Bottom