• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Mafia |OT| Grin and Bear It

fair enough. I honestly have been pretty disengaged this game after I got the fight club list because I don't like dancing around people, and tbh I am having a hard time motivating myself to invest a lot of time into the game because of the constant misplays by power roles. I'm just frustrated and honestly haven't even reread a lot so my reads aren't great right now.

Sounds like you are falling prey to despair. But there is a ray of hope beyond despair. Move on, look for the truth in this game. We can only vote one person out today so choose wisely. Break through the confusion.

Kalor

Hrmm.... you may be right. But I feel like every low post count player has offered some form of excuse. And its not like he was active when he first joined either. Are they genuine excuses?

The thread moves quite quickly at times so if you are away for large chunks of the day then you have a ton to read up on. So if you are even slightly behind it would make it difficult to write constructive posts. I think that might be the situation TL21xx might be in based on some of their posts.

Ok. Well then I don't know WHO to vote for. Everyone has suggested Czartim but more for confirmation than out of belief he is Hope. Which I guess we can do, but I'm not contributing to that. I really need to go and fix dinner though. I'll change my vote later. Someone make a case for somebody that you think is Despair.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
VOTE: Sawneeks

I'm trying to figure out who is in my blindspot and Sawneeks is definitely in it. Definitionally middle of the road poster and in my experience they're mafia. I struggle to recall what Sawneeks has actually said while at the same time not having the impression she's inactive.

I still don't get why you'd also have a set of lovers/masons with no apparent ability beyond sneaking off together, if you were going to put a Ninja into the game. To REALLY discourage map usage?

got to go, be on mobile.

For sake of disclosure, I am not voting for CzarTim to gain further information. I am voting for him because I believe he is Despair.

For reasons as I have listed above, I believe CzarTim had the unfortunate chance of running into AbsolutBro in franconp's room when he was murdering franconp. To dig his way out of this unfortunate hole, he is currently playing a desperate but intelligent gambit. Furthermore, he was acting a little out of the ordinary in my engagement with him yesterday, leaving me with a feeling that he was keen to sell the idea of the ninja too strongly. Kingkitty's theory helped but my decision was based on my own reasoning and conviction.

I do believe that if CzarTim was Despair, he would also be confident in ascertaining AbsolutBro's alignment since Despair knows who are NOT Despair. Additionally, he would be gaining Hope points through this bold gambit.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I wouldn't hit TL21xx quite yet. As someone who frequently travels across Texas, it does fit with a lack of activity.

I really, REALLY don't think we should vote out someone unless we think there is a good chance they are scum. Every hope live lost is just one more to add to the pile, and losing a general consensus hope player isn't going to give us much information.

Pau

fair enough. I honestly have been pretty disengaged this game after I got the fight club list because I don't like dancing around people, and tbh I am having a hard time motivating myself to invest a lot of time into the game because of the constant misplays by power roles. I'm just frustrated and honestly haven't even reread a lot so my reads aren't great right now.
Complaining about how everyone else is making mistakes doesn't do much to motivate others either. :/

Pau, if you're around, can you just confirm for me a moment the number of people you saw on N1? Nothing else, just a number.
*Sigh* People tell me I'm revealing too much information, then ask for more. I'm sure people will think I'm making a mistake either way I answer. I only saw 2 people N1.

We have two options: start culling the PRs that Crab doesn't think matter anyways or pick the most suspicious person from the rest of the group. The problem with the later is that is there are enough people that I find suspicious but not completely so nor more than others.

People I'm down to vote for: TL21xx (based on CornBurrito's post), Kalor (kingkitty seems down and he's a middle of the road player), Vivi (already has two votes and I'm not sure about them) and Zipped (I didn't like constant questioning about my direction).

And then there's always the nagging suspicion that CzarTim is pulling a fast one on us. I'll deal with it now so I'm not thinking about it every other day. Unless anyone else comes up with more compelling arguments.

Vote: CzarTim

Terrabyte20xx

I'm trying to figure out who is in my blindspot and Sawneeks is definitely in it. Definitionally middle of the road poster and in my experience they're mafia. I struggle to recall what Sawneeks has actually said while at the same time not having the impression she's inactive.
It's funny, I was just winding about him myself. Looking over his vote record, he has yet to really take a chance past day one.

CzarTim

this post makes zero sense based on the info I have

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I think it's pretty ridiculous Czar is being voted. Like, why? What information do we get? That AbsolutBro is Town? AbsolutBro is only Town if Czar is Town, so by sacrificing Czar to confirm AbsolutBro we're just sacrificing a town for a town - Hope doesn't gain anything from that situation. goshujin actually has an excuse because he thinks Czar is scum, but I think that's patently pretty poor argument. Czar has put up absolutely no defence whatsoever and we have 20 minutes left! Mafia fight like fucking fury because there's so few of them and every one matters. Meanwhile, Czar is relying on my second-hand support.

Just feels like town has given up and is taking it out on someone prominent.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
this post makes zero sense based on the info I have

? I don't understand what info you could have about my perception of other players? Have I misread that or something?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Sawneeks is voting you, Czar. Does that impact your info in any way?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Czar has 4 votes and we have 15 minutes, so if people want to do an aversion wagon they don't have much time.

It doesn't make sense that Pau and Typhon are the lovers btw. Unless the role has a night power instead of just being "you two know each other". Because Pau implies she has a night role.

Terrabyte20xx

I really don't want to lose Czar, everything he's done only makes sense with a Hope motivation, so if you guys are down, I'll switch my vote as nessisary.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't make sense that Pau and Typhon are the lovers btw. Unless the role has a night power instead of just being "you two know each other". Because Pau implies she has a night role.

Sure, right, but we can think about that tomorrow. Two players have independently confirmed their alignments, that's a massively risky move for Despair and we can call them on it later if so. Right now, we're sleepwalking into lynching one of our better players, so I'd rather people focused on something useful like changing wagons.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
god damnit why do people keep putting forward the time limit by an hour when i'm not looking

>.<

Pau

Honestly, I think it's pretty ridiculous Czar is being voted. Like, why? What information do we get? That AbsolutBro is Town? AbsolutBro is only Town if Czar is Town, so by sacrificing Czar to confirm AbsolutBro we're just sacrificing a town for a town - Hope doesn't gain anything from that situation. goshujin actually has an excuse because he thinks Czar is scum, but I think that's patently pretty poor argument. Czar has put up absolutely no defence whatsoever and we have 20 minutes left! Mafia fight like fucking fury because there's so few of them and every one matters. Meanwhile, Czar is relying on my second-hand support.

Just feels like town has given up and is taking it out on someone prominent.
I'm not taking it out on anyone. This whole time I've been thinking that AB and CzarTim could possibly be working together in a very risky gambit. I think I'd rather know at this point than not, and CzarTim's already checked out mentally it seems.

If anyone has a better idea, I'll hear it.

Y'all are free to kill me tomorrow if you're unconvinced. Give me one more night (in which I might die anyways!)

CzarTim

For sake of disclosure, I am not voting for CzarTim to gain further information. I am voting for him because I believe he is Despair.

For reasons as I have listed above, I believe CzarTim had the unfortunate chance of running into AbsolutBro in franconp's room when he was murdering franconp. To dig his way out of this unfortunate hole, he is currently playing a desperate but intelligent gambit. Furthermore, he was acting a little out of the ordinary in my engagement with him yesterday, leaving me with a feeling that he was keen to sell the idea of the ninja too strongly. Kingkitty's theory helped but my decision was based on my own reasoning and conviction.

I do believe that if CzarTim was Despair, he would also be confident in ascertaining AbsolutBro's alignment since Despair knows who are NOT Despair. Additionally, he would be gaining Hope points through this bold gambit.

gosh, my friend, that "out of the ordinary" came from you misconstruing my response to Mak. I'm going to need you to explain how it was strange in context?

Also I am really pushing the ninja theory because I now know for a fact there is one unless AB is a godfather or Pau and Ty are lying. I don't know why pushing a likely theory is bad?

ViviOggi

Jesus we really have too many alleged PRs out in the open. Seeing that list makes u think.

I'm also getting a little bummed out by how our conversations have become largely mechanical. PRs don't matter. I mean, really, they don't matter. They have at best incidental influence on the course of the game. The main thing that matters is little social tells and cues and so on that everyone makes regardless of what their role is. The trouble is, it's hard to see these social cues when nobody is being social because there's interaction between people but instead interaction between each individual person and the gameplay mechanics.
I agree with this and if you ask me the biggest offender in that regard is Zippedpinhead. So many of his posts are mechanics/meta speculations that go nowhere while with his actual reads and vote justifications he more often than not jumpsg on a reasonably popular choice and/or refers to his gut feeling. To me he's come across as a player deliberately trying to stay off peoples' radars for a while now.

VOTE: Zippedpinhead
(OMGUS!!!!!)

I'm also down for a Makai vote.

Yeah the night role is either one lover visits the others room at night or the both leave to go make out in one of the "school" rooms.

Czar, this is two games in a row where your final play is to sacrifice yourself, instead of giving us a better option that doesn't involve killing yourself. If you are hope, we shouldn't be willingly killing hope players.

CzarTim

Yeah the night role is either one lover visits the others room at night or the both leave to go make out in one of the "school" rooms.

Czar, this is two games in a row where your final play is to sacrifice yourself, instead of giving us a better option that doesn't involve killing yourself. If you are hope, we shouldn't be willingly killing hope players.

I am trying, bud

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Crab, your thoughts on Barry now that he's back?

I'd rather let him either be replaced or defend himself properly for the time being, instead of push for a lynch. He's said so little today my thoughts are basically the same as they were at the end of the last Day Phase - but equally he's rarely been pushed on and I find the best tells come from reacting to being pushed on, so I'm content to wait for them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Meanwhile, I want to know what you think of Sawneeks.

Terrabyte20xx

Jesus we really have too many alleged PRs out in the open. Seeing that list makes u think.

I agree with this and if you ask me the biggest offender in that regard is Zippedpinhead. So many of his posts are mechanics/meta speculations that go nowhere while with his actual reads and vote justifications he more often than not jumpsg on a reasonably popular choice and/or refers to his gut feeling. To me he's come across as a player deliberately trying to stay off peoples' radars for a while now.

(OMGUS!!!!!)

My thing with zipped is that last game I played with him I was so sure he was scum...

And then he wasn't.

Suffice to say I'm not good at reading him. I will say his vote record does strike me as odd... But that makes him the third player I've said that of this day phase, so now I'm getting paranoid I just suck at this game.

CzarTim

Meanwhile, I want to know what you think of Sawneeks.

From memory, I think she does not go out of her way to offer a great amount of content / reads. And while she is willing to engage with people, they tend to be easy / low effort callouts. She is a middle of the road poster, which could make her scum trying to blend.

(OMGUS!!!!!)

It was either me posting questions and theories about mechanics or a lot of dead time this day phase. Not being part of fight club means that I don't know how it works, at all. I don't like being left out of potentially useful information

Sawneeks has been largely off my radar, has not posted as much as others (typical to scum or very busy people), and her reads have been few and far between for identifying despair (though she does give some reads on identifying hope). I posted up above that my read hasn't changed since yesterday she could be anything with her posting record. I could back a vote for her.

*Splinter

If I'd known he was a realistic option I wouldn't have switched my vote earlier.

VOTE: ZippedPinhead

Still happy with a Makai vote.

Not happy with a Tim, gosh or Saw vote.

TI21 or Barry would be better left til tomorrow, but I'll vote if it's between them and someone on my 'not happy' list.

Blacks Ops rules
Sorry for my absence

My thing with zipped is that last game I played with him I was so sure he was scum...

And then he wasn't.

Suffice to say I'm not good at reading him. I will say his vote record does strike me as odd... But that makes him the third player I've said that of this day phase, so now I'm getting paranoid I just suck at this game.

the zipp special

I work with what they give me, and I'll always be consistent...

And yes we all get paranoid with this game...

Terrabyte20xx

Complaining about how everyone else is making mistakes doesn't do much to motivate others either. :/

*Sigh* People tell me I'm revealing too much information, then ask for more. I'm sure people will think I'm making a mistake either way I answer. I only saw 2 people N1.

We have two options: start culling the PRs that Crab doesn't think matter anyways or pick the most suspicious person from the rest of the group. The problem with the later is that is there are enough people that I find suspicious but not completely so nor more than others.

People I'm down to vote for: TL21xx (based on CornBurrito's post), Kalor (kingkitty seems down and he's a middle of the road player), Vivi (already has two votes and I'm not sure about them) and Zipped (I didn't like constant questioning about my direction).

And then there's always the nagging suspicion that CzarTim is pulling a fast one on us. I'll deal with it now so I'm not thinking about it every other day. Unless anyone else comes up with more compelling arguments.

Vote: CzarTim
Real quick, the more I think about this post, the more it really bugs me. The same exact argument she is using to justify a vote for CzarTim could be used right back at her... And yet she has no votes.

Oh but Czar, who has been completely upfront about all this, has 5.

I just don't get it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think that's true at all. You could have posted without threatening people with votes if they didn't answer your questions.

Then they don't answer.

Pau

Real quick, the more I think about this post, the more it really bugs me. The same exact argument she is using to justify a vote for CzarTim could be used right back at her... And yet she has no votes.

Oh but Czar, who has been completely upfront about all this, has 5.

I just don't get it.
Sure, it can be used against me. You're free to. All I know is my own alignment and my doubts.

I'm not taking it out on anyone. This whole time I've been thinking that AB and CzarTim could possibly be working together in a very risky gambit. I think I'd rather know at this point than not, and CzarTim's already checked out mentally it seems.

If anyone has a better idea, I'll hear it.

Y'all are free to kill me tomorrow if you're unconvinced. Give me one more night (in which I might die anyways!)

Pau I don't think you are Despair anymore. That wasn't the goal of my post.

*splinter and vivioggi,

I am Hope, as I have said before I go with my gut on votes and I have asked a ton of questions about mechanics because I a) didn't understand them, b) wanted to know more about them, and c). Figured I could use them for theorycrafting.

All of us rule abiding ultimate pancake flippers now know more about the game then we did before.

I would almost guess that you two are trying to cover for each other in the game... And taking it out on new. Your wrong, I am as hope as they come.

Unless of course you two are despair, then I'm pretty sure I got you and the rest of your group riled up.

I'm at least caught up on the most current events at stake, particularly with Ty4lon and Pau's claim of being connected, Absolutebro witnessing Franconp's murder, and CzarTim's investigation of AbsoluteBro.

Based on this stuff, its either a shot in the dark vote based on a possible ability (a ninja killer makes sense but we have nothing besides speculation saying that this is a thing, unless I missed that too), or a guaranteed vote based on a conventional style kill. AbsoluteBro is saying that he passed Pau and Czartim, and both have alibis. But I'd rather trust the alibi of a person whose with another person (two mafia members claiming to be masons would be gutsy as fuck outside of maybe a situation like SW Mafia with hidden mafia members) vs. the person whose alibi is investigating someone he knows is ok because the person making the alibi is not ok himself (it's a bit of a tricky plan, but not nearly as crazy as the mafia members claiming mason without much prodding).

There is the idea of a ninja killer, but if we kill Czartim and he's innocent, then it's fine to me. He says he only has a onetime ability so we'd lose a townie. Bad at this stage of no mafia kills, but at least he's vanilla. And we confirm that there is a ninja here too.

Meanwhile if we rely on Czartim, we have to find another person to kill. If we hit wrong, then we learned nothing, and if we hit a target, then we got lucky, and even then it may not have necessarily been a ninja that gets killed, unless all the mafia members can do a kill like that, I guess.

The only other kink to my thoughts that I don't think I saw asked about was Splinter. Did Pau ever say if she saw Splinter on the move? Did Czartim? Because that's another other person that could have killed Francop without AbsoluteBro knowing (since he went the other way).

Other than that, I think I have a grasp on the map thing and this just makes the most sense to me.

Vote: Czartim

Top Bottom