• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Personal top 5:

Nekomaru Nidai (Team Manager)
Ibuki Mioda (Musician)
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu (Yakuza)
Nagito Komaeda (Lucky Student)
Hajime Hinata (???)

and sonia (princess) and gundham (breeder) are also super cool

Labrys

Nidai twice? :D

*high five*

I can't wait to bust out my amazing DR2 av that Labrys made me. :)

Ah yeah, it'll look great!

I also whipped up some avatars for everyone else to use for the OT, similar to the ones I made for Trigger Happy Havoc. OT is pretty much done at this point!

Moonlight

Banned
So who are the top 5 character in the second game?
Pretty much my only frame of reference is the introduction video that PK posted a thread for and like... one trailer. I think who I expect I'll like though, is:

1. Ibuki Mioda: I love her design, and I love what her personality type feels like. I think she's a strong contender for best character.
2. Teruteru: I don't know why I like this guy so much. I think his design is really great in that weirdly out-of-place way, and he had my favourite lines in the introduction video. Plus, he's the Ultimate Cook Chef. That's awesome.
3. Sonia Nevermind: This is purely off her design, to be honest. I just like it a lot.
4. Peko Pekoyama: I had HSotD PTSD flashbacks at first, but I've come around on Peko. She has a cool design, and I expect good things out of being awesome with swords.
5. Gundham Tanaka (I'm not toootally sure about his design but the hype from the thread and implications about his casting kinda give me an impression. Also, 'Ultimate Breeder' is an amazing title.)

Honourable mention goes to: Byakuya Togami. His SDR2 redesign is magnificent and leaves me thirsty to know what prompted this.

Nanami... might be cool? Depends on where they go with her.

I would post my survivor expectations, but I dunno if that's kosher.

Toyohisa Shimazu from Drifters.

I wanted to find something clothes tearing in honor of Akiba's Trip but couldn't find one of my usual character, lol

I guessssss I would then.
Ripping clothes off sexy men is the new hotness. Every game must find a way to incorporate it somehow.

I have been avoiding all the introduction videos and everything. I'm so pumped for this game and want to know nothing just like I did for the first one.

Can't wait for my limited edition to get here!

MSMrRound

Bv3gY97CMAEFpxx.jpg

Store called me. Suppliers just came in with this

JNA

Banned
Oh man my first post. (Alright come on JNA, you got this first impressions thing down no pressure)

Ummm...Sonya Nevermind my new Waifu! :D

(...nailed it!)

Hi everyone. Still waiting for my LE DR2 to come. Soon. 0_0

Alpha_eX

Went looking for a thread on the sequel and fell into the spoiler one without realising. I'm only on the second chapter, loving it so far but a lot of the game/characters feels recycled from the first.

Very glad I wasn't playing on public transport for a certain eagle moment.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Is the OT going up soon????????????????????????

My avatar change is just a few hours away~

Look at the eyes.

Probably tomorrow.

So um...

Can anyone who's played(or doesn't care about spoilers) grab me a couple pieces of Ibuki fanart? I wanna make an avatar to celebrate. :3

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Good taste btw.

She looks so awesome.

Most of those are too big and beyond my skills to crop and resize them to make them look presentable. >_> (Not that I am any good at that to begin with)

I love that third one.

Thanks for those.

Moonlight

Banned
Ibuki Mioda sounds pretty awesome, not gonna lie.

EDIT: Speaking of, anyone mind giving me a transparent sprite of her? Preferably laughing/amused/whatever, if she's got one like that. Or maybe her looking mischievous. Unless she has neither of those, so in that case, give me whatever!

Went looking for a thread on the sequel and fell into the spoiler one without realising. I'm only on the second chapter, loving it so far but a lot of the game/characters feels recycled from the first.
May I ask who are you talking about? I don't remember feeling that way honestly, but I may have forgotten it.

EDIT: Speaking of, anyone mind giving me a transparent sprite of her? Preferably laughing/amused/whatever, if she's got one like that. Or maybe her looking mischievous. Unless she has neither of those, so in that case, give me whatever!
There are a lot actually; here are some of the best!
Mioda_%2817%29.png

Mioda_%285%29.png

Mioda_%2819%29.png

Mioda_%2813%29.png

antibolo

Banned
Not to be a debbie downer but this thread is starting to scare me, there could be accidental sequel spoilers in these Ibuki pics.

Yes I'm getting pretty paranoid. Maybe I should disconnect from the Internet until I finish the sequel.

Not to be a debbie downer but this thread is starting to scare me, there could be accidental sequel spoilers in these Ibuki pics.

Yes I'm getting pretty paranoid. Maybe I should disconnect from the Internet until I finish the sequel.
I assure you there aren't any spoilers in those pic, I didn't choose them at random.

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm going to make a suggestion... Move the talk of DR2, or at least the more specific talk including all the pics and whatnot, to one of the DR2 threads. That way people who want to get hyped over it without as much blackout of information as they can will be able to do it here (since that spoiler free DR2 thread certainly isn't going to be getting less blacked out on information).

Alfredo

Danganronpa 2 is just around the corner, and before we all move fully into DR2 mode and say goodbye to the endearing characters of Danganronpa 1, I just wanna share my on-going Danganronpa Pro Wrestling video series: DanganWrestling. The series features some favorites of the cast of DR1 clashing with the Superstars of the WWE. Yes, it is as ridiculous and dumb as it sounds.

You might ask, "Why Danganronpa and the WWE?" Well, I was inspired by a bunch of gifs on tumblr of Persona characters remade as custom wrestlers in the WWE games. I thought they were hilarious, and I was shocked to find that the Internet was lacking in the same pro wrestling-treatment for Danganronpa.

I can't imagine the venn diagram overlap between WWE fans and Danganronpa fans to be very big, what with pro wrestling sometimes regarded as the "anti-anime," but this series seeks to break the walls down between wrestling and anime, and unite all fans under the banner of "dumb entertainment."

I was going to wait 'til I finished production on the series to post it all here, but with Danganronpa 2 coming out so soon, I might be too pre-occupied with that, so I'm just putting all this here now. ...I might end up incorporating stuff from DR2 into the series, so here's looking forward to the future!

Danganwrestling, Episode 1: Monday Night Monokuma

The premier episode, and the beginning of hope's in-ring struggle with despair. Monokuma sends John Cena to hell, beats up a bunch of WWE wrestlers backstage, and takes over Monday Night RAW. Junko, Kirigiri, Asahina, and Sakura also find themselves trapped within the walls of the arena. In their quest to explore the mystery of their crossing over into another Universe, Asahina attracts the ire of The Rock, resulting in a confrontation in the ring!

Danganwrestling, Episode 2: Shadows

Everyone has a side of themselves that they don't want others to see. For Fukawa, it's her alternate serial killer personality, which makes its debut on Monday Night RAW. John Cena, on the other hand, holds a darker secret. He faces his Shadow, and let's just say The strength of heart required to face oneself has been made manifest. Oh, in the end, and a body has been found... You know what that means.

Danganwrestling, Episode 3: Ghost Problems

The murder investigation is stressing Kirigiri out to the point of breakdown. Cody Rhodes unlocks his inner Stardust, and let's just say there's another psycho killer lurking out there in the WWE arena. The place may just be HAUNTED!

Danganwrestilng, Episode 4: Blood and Gold

The investigation continues. Kirigiri, Asahina, and Sakura work together to put together the pieces that will unravel the mystery following Junko's murder. Of course, whoever the accused is could use a lawyer, but neither Danganronpa nor the WWE is host to any skilled defense attorneys. Monokuma is happy to allow the presence of an outsider, just so he'll have more victims to toy with.

pariah164

Danganronpa 2 is just around the corner, and before we all move fully into DR2 mode and say goodbye to the endearing characters of Danganronpa 1, I just wanna share my on-going Danganronpa Pro Wrestling video series: DanganWrestling. The series features some favorites of the cast of DR1 clashing with the Superstars of the WWE. Yes, it is as ridiculous and dumb as it sounds.
Oh my lord, these are BEAUTIFUL.

As both a DR fan and a Smark, THANK YOU.

LAA

OK this is killing me.
Replaying DR1 (at least a little) in prepartion for DR2, however just beat Chapter 2, and the ending confused me...

Monokuma is talking to this mysterious person and he/she asks "Who is the 16th student?"

I presumed this to be Junk Enoshima, however...if that was the case, surely she knows who the 16th student is?

Also a side-ish question. Is Monokuma able to...function on its own? Or is it only a remote control bear?

Trigger

OK this is killing me.
Replaying DR1 (at least a little) in prepartion for DR2, however just beat Chapter 2, and the ending confused me...

Monokuma is talking to this mysterious person and he/she asks "Who is the 16th student?"

I presumed this to be Junk Enoshima, however...if that was the case, surely she knows who the 16th student is?

Also a side-ish question. Is Monokuma able to...function on its own? Or is it only a remote control bear?

I assumed it was Sakura. She was supposed to help set off the murders as the traitor, but Sayaka's actions beat her to the punch IIRC.

Monokuma is remote controlled. Remember? There's a whole room dedicated to it. Said room is brought up as proof that the mastermind is somewhere in the school during the last trial.

LAA

I assumed it was Sakura. She was supposed to help set off the murders as the traitor, but Sayaka's actions beat her to the punch IIRC.

Monokuma is remote controlled. Remember? There's a whole room dedicated to it. Said room is brought up as proof that the mastermind is somewhere in the school.

Ah so we never know for certain for that huh. Bit of a bummer. I was thinking Sakura too.

Yeah I remember that room, I just thought if that person was Junko, how would Monokuma be talking to her. (Also wondered if they could function by themselves due to the Another episode trailer, seeing theres numerous Monokuma walking around, though don't know if they're controlled too)

PK Gaming

OK this is killing me.

The mysterious person is Sakura. Junko blackmailed Sakura into becoming her spy.

Monokuma can't function on its own; Junko controls all of his actions and speaks through him.

Gazoinks

Just finished the first game yesterday. Has some niggles with the gameplay, but overall it was great. Really looking forward to going into the sequel spoiler-free! I got spoiled on Junko being the mastermind in this one, but it honestly barely affected my enjoyment of the story.

Of all the characters in the game, Sakura really surprised me. Going in I expected her to be the butt of a lot of jokes because of her over-the-top design, but she ended up being one of the most likable, dependable characters in the game. Case 4 was definitely the most emotional one for me.

PranooY

OK, i finished the game yesterday with good ending. Loved the game. Even though i had issues with some plot and trails, overall it was great.

Anyone have any idea what the ending song's name is?

Today i checked out the Bad Ending in Youtube.
Two things:
1. English VA is so bad.
2. WTF is with the bad ending. Everyone bangs the last female left. WTF? LOL.

LX_Theo

Banned
OK, i finished the game yesterday with good ending. Loved the game. Even though i had issues with some plot and trails, overall it was great.

Anyone have any idea what the ending song's name is?

Today i checked out the Bad Ending in Youtube.
Two things:
1. English VA is so bad.
2. WTF is with the bad ending. Everyone bangs the last female left. WTF? LOL.

Saisei -rebuild-
(Would suggest avoiding doing much youtube searching for it, since it could accidentally spoil parts of 2)

1. English VA is great, don't know what you're talking about.
2. A bunch of teens resign themselves to live out the rest of their life in a facility... Not a shocking turn of events.

Top Bottom