• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Anyone who has completed DR2 already kind enough/able to provide the sprite of Monokuma with a banjo/guitar (?) from the trailer for avatar material (if it even appears in game that is). Too scared to search myself since it's a spoiler minefield out there :(.

oJrCdaI.jpg

Will this do?

antibolo

Banned
Is it worth playing through School Mode? Does it unlock a cool thing at the end, or reveal some additional story? I find it pretty boring, not sure I want to play it any further. I like that it allows you to finish up the character arcs, but I don't find the rest of the gameplay very fun or engaging.

kewlmyc

Is it worth playing through School Mode? Does it unlock a cool thing at the end, or reveal some additional story? I find it pretty boring, not sure I want to play it any further. I like that it allows you to finish up the character arcs, but I don't find the rest of the gameplay very fun or engaging.

You unlock their underwear (no seriously). It's mostly to get to know your favorite characters more since it has additional conversations with them and endings with the characters.

bobawesome

There's really no point if you're not having fun. I found the RPG-lite mechanic engaging enough at first but it wears itself thin and doing it all three or so times is extremely tedious. I can feel the onset of a headache just thinking about it.

ss-hikaru

I'm not taking any chances.

Same. I'm resisting looking at listings for DR stuff on amiami (since most of it is DR1&2 combined) as well as trying to find the OST on amazon.jp.

Earlier this year there was no way I would have imagined that DR2 would be my most anticipated game of the year.

Yeah!! I mean I was interested, but not that interested hence me putting it off until recently. Less of a wait for the sequel is good though :p

Danganronpa 2 is up on the ESRB site, but there is a big ol' spoiler in the content warning section, so I'd advise you guys don't look at it.

SPOILERS EBERYWARRRREEEE.

Guys, my hype for DR 2 is reaching terminal heights. IDK if I can make it another week and a half.

Aussies have to wait even longer ;_____________________;

I've been really busy with my backlog (I'm playing Okami HD at the moment), so Danganronpa 2 has kind of gone to the back of my mind recently...

But now the hype is getting to me! I was gonna pick up and play Destiny, but you know what? Screw Destiny! Danganronpa 2 is more important! :D

pariah164

I've been really busy with my backlog (I'm playing Okami HD at the moment), so Danganronpa 2 has kind of gone to the back of my mind recently...

But now the hype is getting to me! I was gonna pick up and play Destiny, but you know what? Screw Destiny! Danganronpa 2 is more important! :D
Good thinking.

Labrys

Thanks heaps :) This time round gonna avoid clicking on it cos I am super duper (but not highschool level) paranoid about spoilers, but will def add it to the list later!

iirc one of the inside covers has a big spoiler on it, so be wary if you happen upon scans

Labrys

Noted. I love how (most of) GAF is so above and beyond considerate regarding DR spoilers :) It's nice to have a safe haven of sorts to hype before release :p

No problemo. I was spoiled on a lot of things before I played 1 or 2, so I make it a goal to keep other people from suffering the same "fate" I did.

I don't even care if the official translation spells it "Gundham," I'm gonna keep referring to him as Gundam because that's the most metal name ever.

Nachos

So who are the top 5 character in the second game?

Excluding Monokuma, for me, it's:
Gundham
Byakuya
Hajime
Fuyuhiko
Nagito

The dudes really outshine everyone else in the second game. Also, bear in mind that I wasn't too keen on Byakuya in the first one.

Haven't completed the game yet, but it's a hard pick since all of them are great. For me, it would probably be something like:

Nagito
Ibuki
Gundam
Chiaki
Akane

But like I said, they're all great. There were characters I did not care for in the first game, but here, every one is amusing and/or likable in one way or another.

PK Gaming

Since everyone else is doing it...

1. Chiaki Nanami
2. Hinata Hajime
3. Komaeda Nagito
4. Peko Pekoyama
5. "I" "Buki" "Mio" "Da"

And yes, the DR2 cast is phenomenal. There isn't a single character that I don't like.

Acid08

Banned
Since everyone else is doing it...

1. Chiaki Nanami
2. Hinata Hajime
3. Komaeda Nagito
4. Peko Pekoyama
5. "I" "Buki" "Mio" "Da"

And yes, the DR2 cast is phenomenal. There isn't a single character that I don't like.
How does the cast compare to Hifumi tho? I know he's your fav.

Uh let's see in no real order:

Hinata
Nanami
Gundham
Sonia
Nidai

I gotta say I liked most of the cast of SDR2 compared to DR1 where I really liked some of the cast but downright hated the rest of them. Here, it's more even with liking most of the cast but less standouts awesome people.

PK Gaming

How does the cast compare to Hifumi tho? I know he's your fav.

pɐq ʎʇʇǝɹd ʎllɐɹǝuǝƃ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ puɐ 'sɥƃıɥ sıɥ ɥɔɐǝɹ ɯǝɥʇ ɟo ǝuou

pariah164

Can someone link me to names and pictures of the cast that won't spoil? I'm even afraid to use Google, and I wanna join the discussion.

Okay, I'll bite. Based on design and the Meet the Students vid, my Top 5 are:

1. Akane
2. Gundam
3. Chiaki
4. Teruteru
5. Hinata/Souda (They both look cool)

pariah164

Thank you!

WHO I LIKE BASED ON LOOKS ALONE:

1. Ibuki
2. Sonia
3. Gundham
4. Peko
5. Fuyuhiko

EARLY MASTERMIND PREDICTION:

Nagito or Mahiru. Nagito looks like a smug bitch (not to mention DAT TITLE), and Mahiru is almost trying too hard to look ordinary.

WAIFU:

Current three way tie between Ibuki, Peko, and Sonia.

Labrys

Teruteru
Peko
Akane
Ibuki
Sonia

The female cast in this game is spectacular, but Teruteru is always gonna be my favorite. Only characters I truly dislike are Nagito and Kazuichi.

Lusankya

1. Chiaki Nanami (Ultimate Gamer)
2. Hajime Hinata (Protagonist, Ultimate ???)
3. Ibuki Mioda (Ultimate Musician)
4. Hiyoko Saionji (Ultimate Traditional Dancer)
5. Mikan Tsumiki (Ultimate Nurse)

Overall I think the top 4 girls are way better than the top 4 guys, but for the bottom 4 of each gender it's the other way around. Sonia is by far the worst character (not a badly written character, but I would hate her in real life), although she is kinda cool in the beginning of the game.

I don't even care if the official translation spells it "Gundham," I'm gonna keep referring to him as Gundam because that's the most metal name ever.
About that, did anyone ever say why they chose to put an "h" in the middle like that? It's not there in japanese and it doesn't really make sense in English (I think at least)

Anyway, I really loved the characters in the second game, way more than the first one.
Gundam and Ibuki above everyone, and then the obvious ones: Hinata, Komaeda, Nanami. Sonia and Koizumi are up there too.

kewlmyc

About that, did anyone ever say why they chose to put an "h" in the middle like that? It's not there in japanese and it doesn't really make sense in English (I think at least)

Anyway, I really loved the characters in the second game, way more than the first one.
Gundam and Ibuki above everyone, and then the obvious ones: Hinata, Komaeda, Nanami. Sonia and Koizumi are up there too.
I think it was for legal reasons.

Caladrius

Nidai
Gundam
Ibuki
Nidai
Sonia

It might be because Gundam is a trademarked name.

kewlmyc

Glad everyone who played it recognises the greatness that is Nagito Komaeda (except Labrys :p ). Only 2 more weeks for everyone else to do the same.

Top Bottom