• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Spoiler Thread - Farewell, spoiler tags of despair!

Think of the plot.

Monokuma: "The trials take too much work, now I'm just going to have you guys beat each other to death. Don't worry, I nerfed the shit out of Sakura and Mondo."

Hi Spike Chunsoft, after Another Episode, I don't really need DR3, just make this and I'll be completely content.

There's even this image in the gallery

hrKgIra.png

They know we want it

Yessssssssss, I finally found it and the whole rest of the set. It even comes with your own Mondo butter for ultimate despair/authenticity .

And for the sake of it, here's the whole set:

Really nice set, since each one comes with their own little accessory. The dreaded box for Kirigiri, a chair that Togami barely fits on, a stand cause Naegi's boring and Chihiro gets his laptop with Alter Ego.

upandaway

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what sorts of Danganronpa there is out there in terms of games/other canon material (aside from the sequel that comes out soon)? Hopefully no descriptions or anything, just names and what they are.
I'm super afraid of looking up anything right now, even in this thread. Wanna stay completely blind on DR2

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what sorts of Danganronpa there is out there in terms of games/other canon material (aside from the sequel that comes out soon)? Hopefully no descriptions or anything, just names and what they are.
I'm super afraid of looking up anything right now, even in this thread. Wanna stay completely blind on DR2

Danganronpa 2 - It's the sequel of course.
Danganronpa ZERO - A light novel prequel of the first games
Danganronpa If - A what-if light novel of events of the first game that's included in Danganronpa 2
Danganronpa Another Episode - The upcoming Vita game set between the first and second game
Danganronpa Kirigiri - Another light novel series about Kirigiri before the events of the game
Danganronpa The Animation - An anime adaptation of the first game

And there's of course a bunch of manga of 4komas or adaptations of both the first and second game

LX_Theo

Banned
Danganronpa 2 - It's the sequel of course.
Danganronpa ZERO - A light novel prequel of the first games
Danganronpa If - A what-if light novel of events of the first game that's included in Danganronpa 2
Danganronpa Another Episode - The upcoming Vita game set between the first and second game
Danganronpa Kirigiri - Another light novel series about Kirigiri before the events of the game
Danganronpa The Animation - An anime adaptation of the first game

And there's of course a bunch of manga of 4komas or adaptations of both the first and second game
Speaking of which... Do we know if DR If will be included in the localized release of DR2?

DaBoss

Most things will have to wait for fan translations. I just want the manga to be fan-translated soon. I really enjoyed seeing the other perspectives.
Speaking of which... Do we know if DR If will be included in the localized release of DR2?
Yes, it will be. It said so on the official site.

upandaway

Y'know something I really felt in DR compared to other text-based games that I loved (AA, Uchikoshi, etc) is how tight the whole thing was. There wasn't any point that dragged or let the plot loosen up or anything. Even the longer Free Time sections took what, 10 minutes total when you warped around. Can't say I've come across another 30-hour monster that can claim the same.

It works out so well

WARNING

There are freaking GIFS of DanganRonpa 2 making their way around the web. Moving images of the game. IN ENGLISH. O_O

Thankfully I didn't see anything, but for the love of god, run for your lives!!!

pariah164

WARNING

There are freaking GIFS of DanganRonpa 2 making their way around the web. Moving images of the game. IN ENGLISH. O_O

Thankfully I didn't see anything, but for the love of god, run for your lives!!!
Thanks for the warning.

Shit. May have to go on net blackout till Sept. 2nd.

LX_Theo

Banned
WARNING

I'm in despair! Now I'm going to be paranoid for the next few weeks. Thanks though.

Labrys

Danganronpa 2 is up on the ESRB site, but there is a big ol' spoiler in the content warning section, so I'd advise you guys don't look at it.

I wouldn't mind seeing those gifs, tho.

PK Gaming

Danganronpa 2 is up on the ESRB site, but there is a big ol' spoiler in the content warning section, so I'd advise you guys don't look at it.

I wouldn't mind seeing those gifs, tho.
ugggggghhhhhh

I know they're doing their job, but jesus, they were way too descriptive.

kewlmyc

WARNING

Of the finished game? Do they actually contain spoilers or what?

Also, holy shit at that ESRB description. Yeah avoid that.

holy shit i didn't even know it was possible for the esrb rating description to spoil that much lol

I'd wager any gifs you see of it in English are probably from the fan translation (though obviously, still avoid). I assume this because I've been keeping a close lookout for any footage of the official English version because I'm super eager to hear the VA, heh.

NEO0MJ

So, how did no one notice any changes in their weight/height during the two year gap? It seems that Sakura and Kyoko noticed something was wrong but I'm surprised Hina and Byakuya didn't.

Got my DR2 code. Gonna jump right in before I get spoiled.

I wouldn't mind buying the game digitally if I could get it a couple of weeks before official release.

antibolo

Banned
So, how did no one notice any changes in their weight/height during the two year gap? It seems that Sakura and Kyoko noticed something was wrong but I'm surprised Hina and Byakuya didn't.

This is especially ludicrous once you consider that they're all teenagers. There's no way in hell that they could have not noticed that their bodies matured a full two years in an instant. Teenagers change a LOT in two years.

kewlmyc

This is especially ludicrous once you consider that they're all teenagers. There's no way in hell that they could have not noticed that their bodies matured a full two years in an instant. Teenagers change a LOT in two years.

I guess the whole situation they were in made them not realise obvious things like that.

PK Gaming

Based on what we know, the student ages range from 16-18. We know that Yasuhiro is 20, so we can assume that the average student's age is 17. That puts them at 18-20 after the two year time skip. Physically, I don't think there's much of a difference between 17-->19 and 18-->20. 16-->18 might be noticeable, since 18 is around the time you complete physical maturation, but it's not exactly defined, and variable for everyone.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

EDIT: Seconding what kewlmyc said.

hum ? They realised ..especially kigiri

"You did something to us !"
1) They knew they lost something , including memories , why ? because they didn't remember how they were kidnapped
2) kigiri say Twice that something physical happenned too.

It's not hard to imagine what happenned.Byakuya is more of the "my weight wouldn't change because i'm perfect already" and there you go.

Is there a non-spoiler DR2 thread where I can post my progress? Afraid to go looking for one for obvious reasons. Plan on cross-posting my impressions when the actual OT gets made.

upandaway

If their memories were blocked by hypnotism, it would make more sense that they wouldn't notice. That's how hypnotism works.

antibolo

Banned
If their memories were blocked by hypnotism, it would make more sense that they wouldn't notice. That's how hypnotism works.

Oh, that's an excellent point. There's no reason to believe that they couldn't be made into thinking that their body was already like that two years ago.

Top Bottom