• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark |OT| So this game exists...

antitrop

mPQajN3.jpg
I got a full on Michael Jordan laugh out of this one, no joke. Sigh at the end and everything. Hilarious.

Reminds me of the army of two OT.
Colonial Marines got a similar treatment and if it wasn't for one Insomniac super-fan, Fuse probably would have as well.

Sethos

Banned
In a second, a developer is going to chime in being all puppy faced excited and here we are, taking the piss.

DukeBobby

Looks pretty awful, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

The good news is that I feel like playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines again.

I'll be playing it with tempered expectations, granted I do like the cell shaded style of it and look. The walking animation is pretty funny looking to me though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
a year a ago I thought it was a vampire RPG so I was kinda interesting, but then it ended as a stealth game with super vampires :/

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
I think I will get a review code for Steam, so I'll try to post some impressions or something. I'm hoping it's solid as it sounded interesting to me since I saw it a few months ago.

kamspy

I love it when indie games try to be something other than sidescrollers, adventure and puzzles. I hope this is decent. It's my type of game.

I guess it's not technically indie, but the trailer was indie enough for me.

I'm gonna look into it.

This game was actually supposed to come out late last month, I know there were some delays. Its been pushed back twice which is not encouraging.

eyeless

it's weird how this game got slightly delayed quietly like multiple times

i'm sure that's a good sign

i am automatically interested in any stealth game though, i have no choice

Dawg

I just figured out why this game is a stealth RPG

It's because nobody knows this is releasing, right? right??

lmao @ that OP.

If anyone is slightly interested there is a 25% off code from greenmangaming that should knock the price down to around 25 USD...the site says the code is good until the 8th.

GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG

This is apparently out now...even though it wasn't supposed to come out until the 5th.

Hopefully GMG will be up and have the keys ready...

Oh my god, you just started talking about VtMB suddenly in this OT, bwahahah! Well, Dark seems interesting enough but looks rough :/

I'll wait for some more impressions.

Darmik

Vampire games tend to be either kind of janky but yet still good or absolutely terrible. Bloodlines ended up being a surprise hit. A lot of flaws but also a lot of fun. There is also Bloodrayne which I played a few days ago. Bloodrayne looks like it should be a terrible game but it was actually a lot of fun. Dumb, gory fun and you actually feel like an overpowered vampire.

Then you have games like Vampire Rain. I don't want to say anything else about that game. Now Dark will likely hit one of these two categories and I'm split 50/50 on which one it will be. It honestly could go either way.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Vampire games tend to be either kind of janky but yet still good or absolutely terrible. Bloodlines ended up being a surprise hit. A lot of flaws but also a lot of fun. There is also Bloodrayne which I played a few days ago. Bloodrayne looks like it should be a terrible game but it was actually a lot of fun. Dumb, gory fun and you actually feel like an overpowered vampire.

Then you have games like Vampire Rain. I don't want to say anything else about that game. Now Dark will likely hit one of these two categories and I'm split 50/50 on which one it will be. It honestly could go either way.

Bloodlines released right after Half-Life 2. It never had a chance.

----------------------

Dark will be better than Vampire Rain, of this I'm certain.

iammeiam

I have this game preordered for 360; I have absolutely no idea why I thought preordering it would be a good idea given that literally the first time I became aware of the game was on the Amazon product page, and googling around for "Dark game" really didn't turn up anything compelling. But preorder I did!

I can't bring myself to cancel because I'm still sort of baffled the game exists. It's called Dark for fuck's sake. It's a title designed to make it impossible to search for reviews or anything. I kind of hold out hope it's going to either be secretly amazingly entertaining, or part of an elaborate scam of some kind.

Also I already own Bloodlines.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I have this game preordered for 360; I have absolutely no idea why I thought preordering it would be a good idea given that literally the first time I became aware of the game was on the Amazon product page, and googling around for "Dark game" really didn't turn up anything compelling. But preorder I did!

I can't bring myself to cancel because I'm still sort of baffled the game exists. It's called Dark for fuck's sake. It's a title designed to make it impossible to search for reviews or anything. I kind of hold out hope it's going to either be secretly amazingly entertaining, or part of an elaborate scam of some kind.

Also I already own Bloodlines.

There is always a chance that we get a repeat of Binary Domain / Alpha Protocol.

Install one of the content/gameplay mechanic mods and make a second playthrough. More Bloodlines is always good.

Top Bottom