• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

EasyMode

I was also disappointed, it's still a fun fight because of the setting but I thought it would be harder because of the summons. But I beat him on my first try every time I think.

It's disappointing how Mirror Knight tends to hang back after summoning instead of using it to his advantage.

Mistel

Banned
I thought he was talking about the greatshield at first, so I guess it's not "crappy", but it still doesn't seem like such a great items to farm for hours and burn 5 ascetics on. Royal Kite Shield does the job just fine.
Even the drakekeeper greatshield itself isn't that bad minus needing 37 strength and being a bit of the heavier side at 16.5. The only greatshield at default that's better Havel's one which is heavier and higher requirements. You might be thinking of the other greatshield that Drakekeepers can drop the greatsheild of glory(that's the kinda bad one)?

Defender shield no love?
I guess you guys don't care about stability?
Why would you want that when you can have a defender greatsword? Not to mention it's not worth materials that you could use on other boss weapons.

Defender shield no love?
I guess you guys don't care about stability?

I like the shield and use it a lot. If I am low on equip load due to weapon choice it is great, even when not fully upgraded, but otherwise I use a Greatshield since stability is even better.

However, as folks have said, I think the Defender Greatsword is a better choice overall if you have to choose. That was my primary weapon for ng+.

UrbanRats

seriously?

Go to your enbseries.ini file and open it.

Change each part to the following and then save :-

[EFFECT]

EnableLens=true

[LENS]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=false
ReflectionIntensityDay=0.18 // the amount of pretty lights you see in daytime - higher is more
ReflectionIntensityNight=0.18 // the amount of pretty lights you see at night time - higher is more
ReflectionPowerDay=.2 // the trigger point of flare day time- lower is more
ReflectionPowerNight=.2 // the trigger point of flare night time - lower is more
DirtIntensityDay=0.0 // don't use those below, set 'em to zero
DirtIntensityNight=0.0
DirtPowerDay=0.0
DirtPowerNight=0.0

Yeah seriously, i liked the effect.

Thanks for the help, though!

So how do you get summoned for the mirror knight? as a mirror phantom, I mean.

I would like to happen it once at least, it was one of the coolest moments in Demon Souls for me.

Mistel

Banned

I would like to happen it once at least, it was one of the coolest moments in Demon Souls for me.
Red summon sign down in kings passage I believe you'll be waiting a while for a summon possibly.

Finalow

fuck faith build and defender's greatsword. the offensive spells are pretty awful for pvp (WoG being the only good one if used correctly), the sword is not as bad but there are better options, and also it's super easy to parry.
I only wish that they could fix the lag and the phantom range of weapons.

oh, also GRS goes through walls. amazing

you just drop the red sign before the boss room, the trick is to wait for 5 seconds and then replace it. like that you should get summoned but it might be slow.
but yeah, it's not very fun, it doesn't work that well.

Don't bother. Summon rate is low and you won't have much action when you do because either you or the mirror boss gonna die very fast.

zkylon

zkylewd
I haven't played DaS, so I can't judge. At the start the areas felt boring, but now, they are actually quite nice, though a bit stale.

i actually didn't care much for any areas after drangleic castle so i dunno, all of them were visually impressive but in gameplay and design i felt they were pretty lame. aldia's keep felt like 3 rooms, it was massively disappointing.

my favorite places have been so far in the beginning of the game: iron keep, earthen peak, lost bastille, forest of fallen giants, i felt like all these places were a lot more intricate and felt a lot more like proper dungeons that like aldia's and amana.

Don't bother. Summon rate is low and you won't have much action when you do because either you or the mirror boss gonna die very fast.

It would have been cool if there was a ring or something that would summon you for that fight. Then you wouldn't have to wait in Drangleic Castle forever, and would get summoned periodically as you were going through the game

I was also disappointed, it's still a fun fight because of the setting but I thought it would be harder because of the summons. But I beat him on my first try every time I think.

He didn't even get a summon off, I assume it's when he puts the shield on the ground? He always got staggered.

The Shrine boss was... Weird. It was alright though, just weird.

The Shrine boss was... Weird. It was alright though, just weird.

That boss was one of the most disturbing ones in the Souls series, in my opinion.

(
Way to easy to just cheese with a bow, and way too hard to fight without one, though. At least in my experience.
)

zkylon

zkylewd
That boss was one of the most disturbing ones in the Souls series, in my opinion.

(
Way to easy to just cheese with a bow, and way too hard to fight without one, though. At least in my experience.
)

nah he's pretty easy as melee on the times i've done him. trick for me is having an upwards swing sword and just attack his arms after he does his thing, rather than trying to get his face

Is there a way to see how many kills you are away from rank 3 in bell bros? Or do you get a notification when you hit it, so you know w/o going to see the cat/gnome? I'm camping out in front of smelter's room so I can finish it off and join sunbros, I should be close.

(
)

He was the first thing for me to test sunlight blade on.

He melted like butter, but he was so... Wierd...

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Has anyone gotten decent results from mundane? Base penalty for going mundane is ridiculously severe. More than half on some weapons.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Has anyone gotten decent results from mundane? Base penalty for going mundane is ridiculously severe. More than half on some weapons.

It's insanely good on low or non-scaling weapons when all your stats are at around 20 or so. Mundane Avelyn and Mundane Santier Spear are the top choices for that.

Here's a video of my friend beating the Ancient Dragon with a (broken, lol) Mundane ladle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2DCRfF2ED8

Zee-Row

Banned
How do you light a touch in the Abyss dungeons? I can't ever take a bonfire torch with me and once I clear out the dark spirits all i can do is fall in the hole.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

cjsnapp

Neo Member
I've never used magic in a Souls game but I'm thinking of respec-ing my char to be a melee/magic user. I'm SL62 currently. I'm thinking either Pyromancy or Sorcery (or maybe both?) Any suggestions as far as the respec goes?

gamelova

Regarding the bonfire ascetics, do they only work in the area related to that bonfire, or the entire level, or the entire game. I heard that they are irreversible so just making sure.

Mistel

Banned
Regarding the bonfire ascetics, do they only work in the area related to that bonfire, or the entire level, or the entire game. I heard that they are irreversible so just making sure.
They only apply to the area attached to the bonfire they are burnt at.

Garcia

For the Lucatiel and Jugo achievements:

If I summon a 3rd. (human) character, does it still count for the achievement? or do I have to fight with one of them at a time?

I completed 3 fights and Lucatiel won't show up at Aldia's Keep...

Mistel

Banned
For the Lucatiel and Jugo achievements:

If I summon a 3rd. (human) character, does it still count for the achievement? or do I have to fight with one of them at a time?

I completed 3 fights and Lucatiel won't show up at Aldia's Keep...
Yes it does. Did you talk to Lucatiel at all of her locations?

Garcia

Yes it does. Did you talk to Lucatiel at all of her locations?

I did, although I think I didn't exhaust all her dialogue at the Lost Bastile. Am I screwed? I found her at every other location afterwards, exhausted all her dialogue and fought 3 separate boss battles, keeping her alive.

If she ain't showing up at Aldia's by now, am I perma-stuck then?

Mistel

Banned
I did, although I think I didn't exhaust all her dialogue at the Lost Bastile. Am I screwed? I found her at every other location afterwards, exhausted all her dialogue and fought 3 separate boss battles, keeping her alive.

If she ain't showing up at Aldia's by now, am I perma-stuck then?
If you didn't exhaust her dialogue isn't she still there then?

I'm pretty far into the game. In Majula in the house that is locked it has the map room. He talks about a hole he finished. Where was that? I assume it's where I originally found him, but I can't remember where that is :|

Garcia

If you didn't exhaust her dialogue isn't she still there then?

It's kinda weird. I talked to her at Lost Bastile. I don't remember if I did exhaust at that time, but for every posterior occasion, I did talk to her until she kept repeating the same things over and over. Right now I can find her summon sign at every spot (post-Ascetic) except for No Man's Wharf.

I don't know if it's a bug or what, because her sign does show up at every other location.

Will try winning a couple more boss battles to see if she finally decides to show her face at Aldia's.

Mistel

Banned
I'm pretty far into the game. In Majula in the house that is locked it has the map room. He talks about a hole he finished. Where was that? I assume it's where I originally found him, but I can't remember where that is :|
It's the hole in the floor next to him he knocked the wall down.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I think its really interesting how at the end of a playthrough Amana changes from a 'groan a chore' to .. 'hmm.. free stuff!'

His original location was (very,very early game spoilers lol)
Forest of the Fallen Giants. Go down the the ladder next to the 2nd bonfire, turn left, move forward, then left again, forward and past the door which had a fog gate, go up the big wooden trunk pathway and drop down, jump across the platform, kill the archer and enter the cave, turn left and head upwards.

Korezo

I don't know where to go next in this game, I lit up 3 fires in the map killed like 10 bosses. The only place I can think of that I haven't gone to yet is the big hole in the shrine, but when I drop to a platform I die. Do I need a cat ring to progress in the game?

Top Bottom